[Mod] Real Lighting

+
morning shots with E3 HUD, go download it if you haven't already bois

Guest 3841499

You can add more fog to some places that already have it, make it smoother through sub-frame emission, increase draw-distance, possibly change the color if your lighting affects it in some negative way. I've done it for myself and don't mind sharing or explaining/showing how to do it. It's not part of .env files, but w2p files.

You can also change the type of fog spawned through a myriad of FX parameters, but it will never be the "split-fog E3" fog of course. For example, I changed the toxic gas FX to something different, same can be applied to all kinds of fogs.

MajimeAki;n10756011 said:
no noob that dosent exist

What do you mean? I'm fairly certain I have seen that used by an accomplished env modder, who, no offense, have much more experience in this regard, as he has worked on his mod for a longer time. Maybe, eventually you'll also be able to utilise that feature. Let's hope so! :cheers:

MajimeAki
I am looking forward to your mod, it looks very promising. I do have a few questions though.

1) What is your approach for dealing with weather? Will you modify/add weather envs accordingly and modify the vanilla values for probabilities of triggering rainy weather and so forth?
Personally I always found vanilla weather balance pretty good in terms of rain/ sunny weather and variety but I’m curious to know your opinion.

2) Will hearts of stone be supported?

3) How are you gonna deal with dark cutscenes in the game? Since it looks like overall the realistic approach you are taking will darken shadows in some circumstances are you keeping the character « spotlights » within cutscenes?

i hope you’ll find the time to answer these, if not it’s all good.

Cheers.

PS: if you need someone for bug checking and so forth don’t hesitate, I’m on my 5th playthrough right now so it would be a good opportunity. Also, I have quite a bit of experience with lighting mods from the user standpoint. Like many people here I have followed stlm and wlm through most of their updates since release.

Top Bottom