[Mod Request/Help] Side Quests Mandatory to do More Main Quests

+
[Mod Request/Help] Side Quests Mandatory to do More Main Quests

One problem I have is that I'm always tempted to power through the main quests and ignore the side quests because I find them less interesting than interacting with my favourite characters and making tangible progress. A solution to this other than self control lol would be to add a counter of the number of side quests you've completed since the last main quest you did. Then, once you did five or whatever, you could do the next main quest.

I don't mind doing this myself if I have to but I can't figure out which scripts I'd need to change to make it happen. I also make no promises that I would actually be able to finish and release it.

Can't help ya with the mod but there are a bunch of side quests that will fail/vanish if you proceed too far with the main quest.

Last edited:
anthony_y;n10301652 said:
A solution to this other than self control lol would be to add a counter of the number of side quests you've completed since the last main quest you did. Then, once you did five or whatever, you could do the next main quest.

Ha ha ha! This is such an interesting idea, but I know the majority of players would probably dislike it. "Required side quests" have been handled poorly (Assassin's Creed 1 "tower / eavesdrop" missions), and handled well (Morrowind's requirement for the player to gain at least one level between story missions). The majority reaction was always pretty negative since many players felt aimless or simply wanted to get on with it.

Plus, adding something like this to TW3, while technically possible (probably), would likely be an absolute nightmare wrapped in razor wire to pull off because of how the side quests already work.

Instead, I encourage you to just go try a few. I feel like the side-quests in TW3 pay homage to the first few novels (which were a series of short-stories). In kind, the game's side quests are all small, complete stories, each with their own unique characters, settings, and events. Some are quick and basic. Some of them are incredibly evocative. But none of them are "go here, kill foozle(s), return". There's something to remember about each one: some interesting character, some unexpected situation, some surprising bit of lore. (There's even one that requires you to talk to one person, visit someone else to listen to a counter argument, then make vile decision...because that's your job. Takes only about 5 minutes to play through, and it left me ready to storm out of the town in disgust. Being a witcher would suck.)

This. :) I vividly remember staring at the screen not knowing which dialogue choice to pick on multiple occasions . Chose one, only to reload a save, choose the other and ended up reloading again. Cursed the day I picked up the bloody contract.

Top Bottom