[MOD REQUEST] Roach Fast Travel

+
[MOD REQUEST] Roach Fast Travel

I find it weird that the fast travel in vanilla game is enabled only from sign posts, or boats (to harbors only)...

So my request or idea would be that the fast travel would be enabled on horseback. This would be tier 1, the easy approach. Tier 2 would be more immersive, that like the boat-fast-travel is to the harbors the roach-fast-travel would be to stables or "horse parks".

Guest 3841499

It is not weird. It is done on purpose because quite a few cutscenes and events are triggered after others and rely on you not leaving whichever area at will, which can ruin quests. For example, after you are done with Bastard Junior mansion in Oxenfurt, leaving that area normally triggers a cutscenes and a start of a quest for Radovid about Philippa. If you leave that mansion via Fast Travel Anywhere method, you do not get the cutscenes or the quest. Coming back to that mansion area after Fast Travel Anywhere method is used to escape it may or may not trigger the cutscenes or the start of the quest. That was one of countless cases of such triggers.

Fast Travel from Anywhere is meant for testing, modding, debugging, but not gameplay.

Fast Travel from Roach may be just as buggy, depending on whether Roach can access areas meant for Geralt to leave normally, not via Fast Travel.

I meant Roach fast travel. There are very few places that you can call Roach that has a trigger area. If any. That would brake the quests.

I use Fast Travel from Anywhere, have used from the start. Since I know that it can break the quests, I only use fast travel in open map.

Thus this request. I'm hopeless in code so I can't edit FTFA code to have this simple "if on horseback".

Top Bottom