[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something seems to have got out of hand here, resulting in a couple of posts getting deleted. Cool it.
And, to reply to a question asked in one of them:
"also mods, not that it hurt my feelings or anything... but insults are now allowed on forums?"
The report function exists for a reason.

Great work, Essenthy ! the lighting colors are beautiful and even remind of the E3 2013, as someone already said. The trees in the background are a lot better than in the 1.0 and the swamps looks gorgeous ! The water looks also beautiful (I'm just wondering how it looks with the action of the wind). Even the igni sign looks a lot better.

Keep up the good work !
Bonne chance pour la suite !

edit : sorry if there is some bad english

Excellent work! Now it needs the "Witcher Texture & Effects Overhaul WTEO"
The mod toolkit hopefully will allow us to configure to some extent the in game textures.
For example,I really like these effects, the forward lift soft particles. If these can be introduced again for PC users it would be great.

Last edited:
Excellent work! Now it needs the "Witcher Texture & Effects Overhaul WTEO"
The mod toolkit hopefully will allow us to configure to some extent the in game textures.
For example,I really like these effects, the forward lift soft particles. If these can be introduced again for PC users it would be great.

Not possible

Not possible

Well CD Projekt might have stored the exceptional effects under lock in the system. However, the ModToolkit will allow texture modification to allow the users a degree of flexibility. The current simple coded ModToolkit is essentially in its bare skeleton format, updates and the "eventual" REDKIT version 2.0 should allow major textural and effects overall. Exceptional work is already being done in the lighting field: STLM, ULM are one of the best modifications for this game.

I however do propose a checklist of system components that should be altered:

1) Water detail - Essenthy has made great effort in this part, however, only still calm waters were demonstrated. Rough seas will need to be investigated.
2) Fire, smoke particles- this can be altered. Fire level of detail can be changed.
3) Need fix for intentionally lowered textures.

Lighting is fixed thanks God! Water is getting there! We just need textures 4K quality.

I second that. I recently played Mad Max and it had all these (and more) effects present in that game and the game ran smoothly at 60FPS on my GTX 770 at 1080p. I'm guessing for CDPR, their limiting factor from implementing these effects were either the RedEngine, the consoles or both. However, since we know Mad Max implemented these effects with great result and FPS, modders could do the same with Witcher 3 and not "Kill our PCs" (Given it can be done in the first place with the current modding tool).

I second that. I recently played Mad Max and it had all these (and more) effects present in that game and the game ran smoothly at 60FPS on my GTX 770 at 1080p. I'm guessing for CDPR, their limiting factor from implementing these effects were either the RedEngine, the consoles or both. However, since we know Mad Max implemented these effects with great result and FPS, modders could do the same with Witcher 3 and not "Kill our PCs" (Given it can be done in the first place with the current modding tool).

To be fair, isn't the game set in a barren wasteland with little assets to render? I haven't played Mad Max and I know nothing about the performance, but I'd assume there really isn't much to show in game due to the state of the world.

To be fair, isn't the game set in a barren wasteland with little assets to render?

Kind of....it's like Fallout series. You got the wastelands and you got big set pieces and they all look fantastic. Witcher 3 could've also accomplished that since they used Umbra and Simplygon to heavily stream in and out texture and asset rendering on the go but I'm guessing those limiting factors mentioned above as well as CDPR's lack of experience with open world games prevented them from going all out.

Kind of....it's like Fallout series. You got the wastelands and you got big set pieces and they all look fantastic. Witcher 3 could've also accomplished that since they used Umbra and Simplygon to heavily stream in and out texture and asset rendering on the go but I'm guessing those limiting factors mentioned above as well as CDPR's lack of experience with open world games prevented them from going all out.

CD Projekt Red is learning from the mistakes of this game, take Cyberpunk 2077, the dev team are changing their approach to dealing with massive open worlds which they state that Cyberpunk will be "3-4 times bigger than Witcher 3" so they will have a lot on their hands.
I just hope that REDKIT 2.0 will be much more flexible, things are looking bright for our modding community. However, I do believe that CDPR intentionally reduced the texture resolutions in this game to satisfy consoles demands so they are in parity.

Well CD Projekt might have stored the exceptional effects under lock in the system. However, the ModToolkit will allow texture modification to allow the users a degree of flexibility. The current simple coded ModToolkit is essentially in its bare skeleton format, updates and the "eventual" REDKIT version 2.0 should allow major textural and effects overall. Exceptional work is already being done in the lighting field: STLM, ULM are one of the best modifications for this game.

1) Water detail - Essenthy has made great effort in this part, however, only still calm waters were demonstrated. Rough seas will need to be investigated.
2) Fire, smoke particles- this can be altered. Fire level of detail can be changed.

Lighting is fixed thanks God! Water is getting there! We just need textures 4K quality.

I thought you were talking about that volumetric particle system lel

yess.. it would be awesome to know the progress on this :) (I hope it will have the same cold realistic atmosphere as the video)
I just got to the swamp and holding off my playthrough until this is released :)
:youdontsay:

all zone are more or less done, i have to fix water in one specific zone thats getting buggy, then start quest testing and it will be done, am far away from where i started

---------- Updated at 03:42 PM ----------

well technically you can edit pretty much any files from the game using Sarcen editor, he did true gods work with that tool

and yes you can edit fire particle for example, will that work ? its another story, even if you are able to do that, there are many, many maaaaaany, particles/meshe settings all over the place, just to find wich one control what effect exactly will take time

because the way settings are named they dont necessarily represent what they are named after, so you have to edit, pack/test, edit pack/test ect ect ect ... its something that i wanted to do along editing the lighting, but i realized that it was completly out of hand and i simply cant do both thing

easiest start would be editing IGNI fire effect, you cant go wrong with the settings name and they are all in one place

maybe i will try when i finish STLM 2 depending on motivation, but i would prefer that someone do that, am pretty burned out already tbh

edit: just tried and managed to increase igni particles, will post later how it look

Last edited:
Never tried the real STLM. I've only tried the one included in ULM but I'm not sure if that's actually the same. Does STLM include lighting effects like reshades do? What exactly does it do that's different from just an env preset?

Never tried the real STLM. I've only tried the one included in ULM but I'm not sure if that's actually the same. Does STLM include lighting effects like reshades do? What exactly does it do that's different from just an env preset?

the previous version were "just" blending a tweaked env with the normal env, like ulm which allow you to blend any env tweaked or not with the current vanilla's one.
As far as we the know the new stlm will be much more than that, uniform ligntning tweaks on all the areas, water improvement and probably more that we don't know yet :)

the previous version were "just" blending a tweaked env with the normal env, like ulm which allow you to blend any env tweaked or not with the current vanilla's one.
As far as we the know the new stlm will be much more than that, uniform ligntning tweaks on all the areas, water improvement and probably more that we don't know yet :)

Thanks, but it doesn't add anything that reshades do right? So, we should still use a Reshade along with it. I dont mean to sound cynical, Im just trying to figure out why everyone likes it so much. I saw the video but I wasn't blown away as I didnt see any advanced lighting effects.

yess.. it would be awesome to know the progress on this :) (I hope it will have the same cold realistic atmosphere as the video)
I just got to the swamp and holding off my playthrough until this is released :)
:youdontsay:

Any chance you could give us some screenshots of the areas you're currently happy with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom