[mods] Different way to play as any character

+
[mods] Different way to play as any character

Having played around with the methods people have used before I have found a much simpler way of doing things.1) Unpack and unbif etc.2) Copy into override your cr_witch1.mdb to cr_witch6.mdb (Each of these corresponds to Geralt in each armour. 1 without armour for example)3) Edit your cr_witch1.mdb with notepad - line 1 reads :binarycompositemodel cr_witch1 cm_witch14) If you open up another cr_xxxxx.mdb, for example cr_mutan1.mdb you will see:binarycompositemodel cr_mutan1 cm_mutan15) Copy across line 1 of cr_mutan1.mdb across to cr_witch1.mdb6) Do this for all 6 files, ie: the first line of each reads "binarycompositemodel cr_mutan1 cm_mutan1"7) Done...[glow=blue,2,300]All the cr_xxxxxx.mdb mesh files can be found in _meshes[/glow]This means that you have a fully animated character (at least for most of the humanoids). If there is too great a difference with the size of the model so it looks daft then edit the appearance.2da and drop the size down from 2.0 to something lower to get the right size.Have uploaded to mediafire the mutant files... try them out and tell me if there is any problm with the method. Works fine for me. http://www.mediafire.com/?9tctnemu3cuSorry if this isn't new to anyone but having mingled with the "Play as any character..." thread everyone was copying the cm_xxxxx files and not editing anything. My method seems to keep the witcher styles intact which I lost with many models using the other method. Also the files are much smaller... :)

Open the meshes - no idea (think it needs 3dmax plugins) - but opening these cr_ files you can use notepad. Irfanview will open the associated .dds files so you can see the texture map (gives you a better idea as to what the model is).

what you think about making all the game models aviable to download on one page?i wanted to do this and upload all the renamed files to the witchervault.. but somehow lost motivation :dead:but i would love the idea of them all aviable in one place - (ie.: a zip file including all models ziped and made playable, so u just need to extract the one you want to play)

2 things - firstly has anyone uploaded these files to one single website - none of this is on witcherworld and I couldn't even see a files section on witcher vault.
Quote of what I asked in your previous play as Triss thread. It's a very good idea and this is my little attempt to put them together. However I haven't seen a decent files hosting section on any witcher websites. If anyone wants to help by following my method and then uploading them to mediafire - pm me the link and we can more or less make our own repository. I'm doing it bit by bit.Also if you have any requests it will animate me a bit into doing more characters. I'm coming to the opinion that Geralt with "excellent leather jacket retex", no scars / bruises, cat eyes and punisher gold skull jacket is the best and coolest model anyway ;)PS - I will try and make sure that all links to all models are on page 1 of this thread

By request Leohttp://www.mediafire.com/?uyofzypd7xkAnd Lamberthttp://www.mediafire.com/?5lxf21tyjdd(Incidentally Lamberts Files are cr_leo1.mdb and Leo's are cr_lamb1.mdb) Not sure why that happened ???

very cool !! ;Di was thinking about the witchervault (its quite cool for neverwinter nights) - but i tried to upload something there and its still "waiting for approval" - and i uploaded it a month ago :sleep:the problem with mediafire i think is that the files will be deleted after some time of inactivity (dont know bout mediafire, but with rapidshare and megaupload thats the case)anyway.. how many models are there in the game.. ;)

When the Djinni toolset comes out in a few days there will be an abundance of files. ;) Surely then witchervault will open a files section. In any case - I've put all the rar files together on my hard disk and at 68k for each of them I reckon with 4 or 5 meg should have all of the humanoid models easily. PS like the idea of Adda without armour being a Striga. Didn't think of that one - but the voice has put me off female characters. (The ladyboy thing is even scarier than being a Striga). And yes - I am taking the piss when I say a few days for the Djinn, I´ll believe it when I see it...

Thanks for this, very simple and clever way to do it.The only problem is trying to play as a female character. Is there no way to turn off Geralt's voice so that when he is "speaking" just the subtitles came up? I tried fooling with various things in app.2da but strangely changing the soundgroup over to alzi (triss) or karu (lady) did not help and he still kept using his dak (geralt) combat grunts. Replacing all the 1 to 6 lines with triss silenced the combat sounds, but gave me a triss model without the combat animations. In the talking scenes she still talked using Geralt's deep (polish) voice which was very silly.Anyway, if anyone has figured a way to silence geralt, or even betting give him some of the feminine combat sounds and just keep him silent during dialogues, that would make playing female quiet workable. Just have to ignore all the *manly* parts of the story P

I would like to play as Berengar please ^^.EDIT: nevermind figured it out myself... cm_beren1 cr_beren1 He runs way too fast though

I dropped down my movement speed, like to run a bit slower. Got a crappy graphics card so because of the screen delays the camera runs to catch up. Looks daft running into the distance all the time.

very cool thing! the animation changing worked like a charm.. changed geralts idle anims but left the fighting anims as is..now everything works fine! thanks a lot :beer:

John1231 - looks as thought we are being left out in the cold regarding mod hosting - CD Projekt have redefined "mods" as meaning adventure modules rather than "modifications". Means that we won't be able to host on the official sites unfortunately... :( , but I'm sure someone will start hosting mods soon - the guy from the Oblivion wiki is coming up with a site (and his oblivion page was the bomb!! ;D)

Chaosmonkey said:
John1231 - looks as thought we are being left out in the cold regarding mod hosting - CD Projekt have redefined "mods" as meaning adventure modules rather than "modifications". Means that we won't be able to host on the official sites unfortunately... :( , but I'm sure someone will start hosting mods soon - the guy from the Oblivion wiki is coming up with a site (and his oblivion page was the bomb!! ;D)
yeah.. seems like they only want new adventures :-\ i hope there will be a witchernexus site.. love the oblivion one ;Dthe guy didnt get much response over here though.. so im a little skeptic..

IGN separated their content for NWN1&2, so hopefully, they'll do the same for The Witcher so we can have scripts in one place, areas in another, etc.Best to wait and see how it all evolves. Meanwhile, there's nothing stopping anyone from using other file distribution sites for specific content. I'd love to see some retexturing; something I'm not good at myself.~ Roxy

john1231 said:
very cool thing! the animation changing worked like a charm.. changed geralts idle anims but left the fighting anims as is..now everything works fine! thanks a lot :beer:
How did you do that?Also has anyone found how to change the sound sets? After changing the spungroup in the appearance file some sounds changed, like getting hit but most remain being male.If you wish to make a content depositary, how about using a free site, deviantart allows you to send zip files, it may not be fancy but its a start

I want to play a female elf, so I've been looking at the way this mod works. The only thing is, I would like to keep some aspects of Geralt, mainly the hair color and eyes. Is there anyway to make a female elf with white hair and Geralt's eyes. I can't seem to find the character textures and I'm not sure how to make an extra texture work.

rozaka said:
requets greater brother and fleder if possible
You've been spamming the same request all over the place! The mod you want already exists; I answered you in one of the other threads you posted this request in.

Top Bottom