Mouse Lag

+
Mouse Lag

I found many topics (but dead) with this subject but the issue seems not to have been solved or find a way for all of us to fix it. I have serious mouse lag (cursor moves slowly and has less responce) in the dialogues options,shops,skill tree menu,inventory. When I put off the vsync I get no lag at inventory and skill tree but it remains in dialogues and shops. Also changing the .ini file and set smoothness to 0 it also doesn't change a thing.

I got a decent pc of

CPU: intel i5-2500K @3,3ghz
GPU: AMD HD6950 (2gigs)
RAM: 8gigs Corsair Vengeance

So any help? And this time an actual fix from the devs?

in dialogs and meditation screen you get lower fps due to the cinematic depth of field which is still active.

As Daywalker30 mentions, the DOF effects are still active, so the only solution is to turn off those DOF-settings in the .ini. The most FPS-unfriendly setting is the ScatterDOF, so I'd start with that, followed by CutsceneDOF, before finally turning off DOF altogether, if your problem still isn't fixed. We've also been requesting hardware mouse support since day one, to no avail; I'm not even sure that would help, anyway.

I found 3 DOF in the ini. AllowCutsceneDOF=0,AllowDOF=0,AllowScatterDOF=0 . I made em all 0. Hope they work.

I see this is marked solved . Is it solved ? Sometimes they get marked accidentally . Just checking .

Tommy said:
I see this is marked solved . Is it solved ? Sometimes they get marked accidentally . Just checking .

Incidentally, my bug list thread got marked as solved as well, when it's supposed to be an ongoing list.

OT:Unless we get hardware mouse support, there's no permanent solution.

Aerondight91 said:
Damn...Seems I have to live with this...Any mod that fixes it ? Do we know?

Maybe this will help you -works for me.
Force v sync on in GPU panel, weird i know, disable v sync in the game options and try again.
Remove tablet or other stuff plugged in to your USB ports, and try a different port preferably not a 3.0 one.

Uninstall mouse drivers, let Windows instal it's own, and then reinstall mouse drivers from manufacturer again, this fixed my inability to hack in DeusExHR which uses Scaleform also, so maybe try,

well, I disabled in game vsync and enabled adaptive vsync in the nvidia control panel. No more laggy mouse controls. I also disabled cinematic dof and the game runs fine on my overclocked gtx 460.

Hope this helps.

Darspiron said:
well, I disabled in game vsync and enabled adaptive vsync in the nvidia control panel. No more laggy mouse controls. I also disabled cinematic dof and the game runs fine on my overclocked gtx 460.

Hope this helps.

I just used that and it works perfectly, thanks.

I got an AMD video card as I mentioned above, and I didin't find a setting like this in Catalyst Control Center.

Aerondight91 said:
I got an AMD video card as I mentioned above, and I didin't find a setting like this in Catalyst Control Center.
Yeah man I can't find something like that in catalyst as well. That terrible mouse lag really puts me off the game, although it's a very small issue.

Triple buffer will help the mouse lag issue when you have v-sync on. D3d Overrider app will force triple buffer.

can any of you AMD guys, that have issues, try the new hotfix: http://en.thewitcher.com/dotnet/ ? ( your old witcher2.exe is backed up ;) )

Top Bottom