My Dream for Multiplayer.

+
My dream and suggestion for multiplayer.

I think it would be extremely cool if multiplayer were a lot like the original 2020 core rules book. The single player sounds perfect to me with a deep and immersive story line where you play the character V. I would love the multiplayer to allow us to create an online unique character from scratch where you role your stats and the amount of eddies you start the game with. There would be randomized scenarios (mini, med and large) where up to 6 random players could co-op. You will earn eddies along the way to upgrade your character (weapons, ammo, cyberware and vehicles) and move out of your starting coffin to get a better apartment or living space. You should only get one life and once you die you start over from scratch and re roll yourself a new character.

I would even be willing to pay for future add on multiplayer expansions, where you could introduce new sceanrios, weapons, cybernetics, vehicles, clothing etc.

That is my dream multiplayer. I don't want some GTA V online style multiplayer.

Last edited:
So basically GTA V online heist jobs but with more varied objectives. I don't mind it, but that just becomes too grindy way too quickly.

You should only get one life and once you die you start over from scratch and re roll yourself a new character.

No. Spending tons of hours to level up your character to lose all your progress when you die is a huge turn off, for me at least. If that were the case, I wouldn't even play multiplayer knowing that all my stuff could be gone from dying.

Instead of this, the one-life option should be a separate difficulty, and the rewards would have to be substantially increased.

On another note: Storing multiple characters like in Destiny 2 would better suit this type of multiplayer.

Well in Cyberpunk the world is supposed to be very dangerous and people tend to die young. I look at it like a challenge to see how long you can last before death...and it's not about being high level or collecting gear, items, money etc. It's about the journey and challenge of surviving the dark future. It's endless hours of fun, doing co-op missions and being able to re roll a toon, much like the original pen and paper game. Also, like you said, there could be difficulty sliders which adjust how difficult the scenarios are...which would offer less xp/eddies, but I would still suggest keeping the one life rule. I don't see much point in keeping a character around forever though, just to collect things and constantly leveling up when the only other thing besides the co-op scenarios is a city of NPC's. The co-op scenarios/missions would be much more exciting if death was a real thing you are trying to avoid...and completing them much more satisfying.

Well, I hope they build it around Corps. Build own Corp, hire people, management, kidnap/bride/assassinate/steal people from other corps etc. Spying, counter-spying, forgery and such too. Let player be part of the Corp War sounds damn fun to me, not to mention not many world/universe can offer that. Build own Army and destroy other Corps entirely.

Last edited:
I didn't know it would be later, that is good news. I am very hyped for this game and an intrusive MP would be so deflating.

I didn't know it would be later, that is good news. I am very hyped for this game and an intrusive MP would be so deflating.

I knew it was coming later after the single player....I'm also glad about the decision. I want to play and enjoy the single player first and then later I want my dream co-op style multiplayer game. I know it's a long shot of getting my dream multiplayer. I just really am hoping it's nothing like the shit show of GTA V online.

i don't think that random stats is good because players will b killing themselves over and over just 2 get the stats they want. if there's a game where players needs 2 keep killing their characters over and over 2 get things done, it means that the game has severe design flaw. also discarding all the progress upon death will discourage players from continuing the game, shortening the multiplayer's lifespan drastically.

Stats aren't random in CP2077.

You have X number of points to distribute when you create a character/avatar then earn more via XP (or Street Cred, it's a bit unclear which at this point).

i don't think that random stats is good because players will b killing themselves over and over just 2 get the stats they want. if there's a game where players needs 2 keep killing their characters over and over 2 get things done, it means that the game has severe design flaw. also discarding all the progress upon death will discourage players from continuing the game, shortening the multiplayer's lifespan drastically.

I think the one life rule would be refreshing and perfect for the multiplayer I'm suggesting, because I don't see a point in keeping a character around for ever in a co-op only style multiplayer. I know it could never be just like Cyberpunk 2020 nor do I want it to be, but I would like some similarities. If anyone here has ever played DayZ they no doubt felt that fear or rush of adrenaline when a group of geared players come entering the town, after you spent hours finding a backpack and some food. That is what I imagine it could feel like in this game, even if you're only fighting NPC's. The fear of death. You might enter a mission with your friend looking for some hot action when you get bodied but he survives and laughs at you. You re-roll and eventually re-join him. The funs will only be limited by the amount of interesting scenarios/missions they could put into the game.

Last edited:
Isn Cyberpunk Red the new Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper? You might want to take a look at Cyberpunk Red instead. This game is gonna start new era for pen and paper too. I could be wrong though.

Btw, seasons are best way to keep up MP's lifespan. Season starts, ends, wipe. Repeat.

Last edited:
Isn Cyberpunk Red the new Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper? You might want to take a look at Cyberpunk Red instead. This game is gonna start new era for pen and paper too. I could be wrong though.

Btw, seasons are best way to keep up MP's lifespan. Season starts, ends, wipe. Repeat.

Cyberpunk Red is just an updated version of 2020, as far a rules. At least that's how I understood it to be. If that's true, it's basically the same game with some story advancement and a bit more modernized.

Last edited:
I think the one life rule would be refreshing and perfect for the multiplayer I'm suggesting, because I don't see a point in keeping a character around for ever in a co-op only style multiplayer. I know it could never be just like Cyberpunk 2020 nor do I want it to be, but I would like some similarities. If anyone here has ever played DayZ they no doubt felt that fear or rush of adrenaline when a group of geared players come entering the town, after you spent hours finding a backpack and some food. That is what I imagine it could feel like in this game, even if you're only fighting NPC's. The fear of death. You might enter a mission with your friend looking for some hot action when you get bodied but he survives and laughs at you. You re-roll and eventually re-join him. The funs will only be limited by the amount of interesting scenarios/missions they could put into the game.
new doesn't mean better. day z did't really hv any deep char editor (choosing head preset and body preset) that could let the players personalize their character, let alone their lifepaths. in other words dayz's players didn't rly care about their characters, but about the gear they hv which wasn't as valuable 2 lose as a character with actual choices in the stats development and story choices player took playing with it. it works the same way in minecraft, rust and many different games. in such games players respawn without gear just 2 make the game fair 2 other players that he may b fighting against. if a player hv no valuable equipment on himself, he don't rly care if he dies. he may evn get all of his stuff back if his team m8s picks it up or he got his guild where he can get free gear from. but if u r hving player that spent thousands of hours on playing a game about developing their character and his account gets hacked, the chances r that the game just lost a dedicated player 4evr (unless he gets his acc back). permadeleting such personalized character would just b an anti consumer move. u should know that players tends 2 c a point in keeping their chars 4evr if they invested their time in character development. my point is still standing.

Last edited:
new doesn't mean better. day z did't really hv any deep char editor (choosing head preset and body preset) that could let the players personalize their character, let alone their lifepaths. in other words dayz's players didn't rly care about their characters, but about the gear they hv which wasn't as valuable 2 lose as a character with actual choices in the stats development and story choices player took playing with it. it works the same way in minecraft, rust and many different games. in such games players respawn without gear just 2 make the game fair 2 other players that he may b fighting against. if a player hv no valuable equipment on himself, he don't rly care if he dies. he may evn get all of his stuff back if his team m8s picks it up or he got his guild where he can get free gear from. but if u r hving player that spent thousands of hours on playing a game about developing their character and his account gets hacked, the chances r that the game just lost a dedicated player 4evr (unless he gets his acc back). permadeleting such personalized character would just b an anti consumer move. u should know that players tends 2 c a point in keeping their chars 4evr if they invested their time in character development. my point is still standing.

I had a character I loved in Cyberpunk and took a 44. to the chest at point blank range and failed a death save roll and instantly died. I spent some time working on the character sheet and stats not to mention I had built up a fair bit of creds and bought some cool gear. Did that make me want to quit playing the game? Nah, it was brutal though.

I understand DayZ is all about gear and not character customization/development...but in the multiplayer I'm suggesting, there would be a little bit of both at stake, making it both scary and rewarding. Also, they could always add a fast character generator, where everything but the name is instantly done for you and all you have to do is a few minor tweaks here and there and bam; you're off back into the dark nasty streets of Night City!

Last edited:
This game is gonna start new era for pen and paper too. I could be wrong though.
Doubtful.

The average PnP player is a munchkin who wants constant combat and loot not a (more-or-less) sim in a dystopian setting (most don't even know what dystopian means).

Doubtful.

The average PnP player is a munchkin who wants constant combat and loot not a (more-or-less) sim in a dystopian setting (most don't even know what dystopian means).
What about P&P games like Vampire: The Masquerade that puts more emphasis on storytelling?

What about P&P games like Vampire: The Masquerade that puts more emphasis on storytelling?
I never said there aren't some damn good RPGs out there ... merely that most PnP players are what I refer to as "munchkins".

Hell, I've been running the same tabletop campaign for about 20 years now, with a few of the original players. Fights are rare and lethal, so when the players must fight (note "must") they tend to do so from ambush whenever possible. The game centers around social and occasionally political interactions, and lots and lots of exploration (most of which leads to nothing, but they find just enough to keep them looking for more).

My dream and suggestion for multiplayer.

I think it would be extremely cool if multiplayer were a lot like the original 2020 core rules book. The single player sounds perfect to me with a deep and immersive story line where you play the character V. I would love the multiplayer to allow us to create an online unique character from scratch where you role your stats and the amount of eddies you start the game with. There would be randomized scenarios (mini, med and large) where up to 6 random players could co-op. You will earn eddies along the way to upgrade your character (weapons, ammo, cyberware and vehicles) and move out of your starting coffin to get a better apartment or living space. You should only get one life and once you die you start over from scratch and re roll yourself a new character.

I would even be willing to pay for future add on multiplayer expansions, where you could introduce new sceanrios, weapons, cybernetics, vehicles, clothing etc.

That is my dream multiplayer. I don't want some GTA V online style multiplayer.
You create a unique character from scratch too in sp beside of your codename everything is up to you.I would like to import my character for mp as a sort of continuation of the main story but what is canon....i still don’t know if cyberpunk 2077 is canon or if it is just fan fiction like the witcher

Top Bottom