Need Help Regarding Monsters and Mutagen Locations

+
Hey everyone,

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but I was wondering if you'd all be able to help me with finding certain monsters and where to get their mutagens. It's my understanding that there are a limited amount of some monsters (like the Leshen which I killed not knowing this). I'm also having trouble finding the Water Hag mutagen even though I've restarted the quest with Johnny multiple times.

Anyway, if you could give me a list of monsters that are limited/hard to find and where to get their mutagens that would be great. I deleted my save file out of frustration once I found out the Leshen won't respawn. Do monsters respawn anymore anyway, or did they patch that out?

Thanks,
Korvus
Post automatically merged:

Anyone have any advice at all? I can try to clarify what I am looking for, but I am in the hospital and on meds which make things kind of foggy for me.

Last edited:
If you're asking about standard colored mutagens you just have to kill monsters. Blue/green are relatively easy to come by in my experience. Red mutagens can be hard to find. Your best bet there is Alghouls and certain Arachas. Different Vampiires and Nekker Warriors can drop them too.

For monster specific mutagens completing witcher contracts is your best bet. I belleve contract monsters are a guaranteed drop. I cannot recall not getting one from them. I don't believe some are even available outside of the witcher contracts.

Top Bottom