need someway to look in the dark

+
It didn't changed in 1.5+ and it's like that since release

Absolutely changed! May seem diffident from PC to CONSOL that I would not know. But I do know it changed on MY game on MY PC and I am not using any mods that effect the visuals. In fact, I do not think I am using any mods after 1.5 patch. They fixed the car driving enough to be tolerable, and the mini map is OK now, and oh wait I am still using the mod for save in combat, but that is not really a change at all to the code it was in the game just turned off, so I turned it on.

So as I said if this darkness was by design it was an annoying design choice, and if the change that happen to the light level was by the DEV they obviously realized it eventually themselves.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting. For me that area is very dark with HDR off and normal (maybe still slightly darker) with HDR on.
Anyway, fuck flashlights. It is the year 2077, even now our phones have no problem with dark areas. It's kind of funny and insulting V's cyber eyes can't:)

The cars still have headlights even as they have CAMERAS now not glass. :shrug:

I actually find playing with Flashlight Mod in dark environments very atmospheric. The limited light creates much more atmosphere than complete darkness, where no orientation is possible at all.

Absolutely changed! May seem diffident from PC to CONSOL that I would not know. But I do know it changed on MY game on MY PC and I am not using any mods that effect the visuals.
Maybe on PCs (maybe related to HDR like @lyin321 said).
That's for sure, on console (Series X at least) it's exactly the same as day one, dark as hell.
For example, in the building when you meet Hanako with Goro after the Parade (Search & Destroy), it's dark as hell too. But only if you visit the ground level outside of this quest. During the quest, Arasaka dudes threw red torches, so you can see...

The cars still have headlights even as they have CAMERAS now not glass. :shrug:
I wonder why. If I were to guess it's because the average car is not so advanced as to not need headlights. I wonder what the lore reason is - if someone more into CP lore wants to answer?
Anyway V soon find themselves with fairly advanced (I think) technology so he/she doesn't have an excuse:)

....maybe we can ask Judy to call us and not hang up so our yellow (?) eyes give us light in dark areas:)

I wonder why. If I were to guess it's because the average car is not so advanced as to not need headlights. I wonder what the lore reason is - if someone more into CP lore wants to answer?
Anyway V soon find themselves with fairly advanced (I think) technology so he/she doesn't have an excuse:)

....maybe we can ask Judy to call us and not hang up so our yellow (?) eyes give us light in dark areas:)
many cars run with their headlights on in daylight to heighten their visibility to other road users. The visibility aspect could still be relevant

many cars run with their headlights on in daylight to heighten their visibility to other road users. The visibility aspect could still be relevant
Yep, in big cities, even at night where public lights are always on, you don't really need headlights. So it's not to see, it's mainly to be see (in France, bikes always have headlights on even at day, only for that reason).

Yep, in big cities, even at night where public lights are always on, you don't really need headlights. So it's not to see, it's mainly to be see (in France, bikes always have headlights on even at day, only for that reason).

If you have night vision in your eyes or more like built into the camera system of the car you would not need to "see" the cars better, in fact head lights would make it worse sometimes.

The head lights are on the cars for the same reason some Night City NPC have glow sticks, flares and Work lights at NC construction yards. It is just a practical way to utilize illumination.

Seriously you guys are reaching today to explain why a person with a utility belt and all kinds of guns tucked here and there on their body is not also caring a flashlight OR at least use their cell phone as one. :p

Seriously you guys are reaching today to explain why a person with a utility belt and all kinds of guns tucked here and there on their body is not also caring a flashlight OR at least use their cell phone as one. :p
I think we taling about headlights in the post that I quote... :shrug:

So about headlights, let's imagine that V have "night vision Kiroshi", and drive around with a nice ARCH (or a Caliburn with integrated night vision in the windows). It's all fine, no need headlight to see and cruise around Night City. But the poor dude who arrives in front of V, who don't have enough money to buy advanced cyberwares, who only have a simple Mai Mai (no technology at all in this car), he probably won't see V...

PS : You can read some of my previous posts, I already said that it could be cool (not really useful, in my opinion) to have Kiroshi mod for night vision. So I didn't try to "explain" anything in fact. Cheers ;)

I think we taling about headlights in the post that I quote... :shrug:

So about headlights, let's imagine that V have "night vision Kiroshi", and drive around with a nice ARCH (or a Caliburn with integrated night vision in the windows). It's all fine, no need headlight to see and cruise around Night City. But the poor dude who arrives in front of V, who don't have enough money to buy advanced cyberwares, who only have a simple Mai Mai (no technology at all in this car), he probably won't see V...

PS : You can read some of my previous posts, I already said that it could be cool (not really useful, in my opinion) to have Kiroshi mod for night vision. So I didn't try to "explain" anything in fact. Cheers ;)

So about FLASHlights, the poor V who arrives in the game (like my character who was broke and would not want fancy night vison eye even if she had the money ), who don't have enough money to buy advanced cyberwares, She probably won't see...
Oh wait a $2 device I can hold in my pocket next to my Missile launcher could help.

I never said I wanted Night vison, I only said it was a bad design to put the player in the dark for "Drama" because even in this game world Bounty Hunters would have EDC flash lights.

Last edited:
Few have found the mysterious ripperdocs hidden in night city
Screenshot 2022-05-30 030842.jpg

Top Bottom