New CG Cinematic for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Shows Geralt “Killing Monsters”

+
sakisadr said:
I just noticed that on the homepage above the picture of the burning village it says OXENFURT

Mother of god you are right!
Now i am sure we will get a lot of stuff on GC

Agent_Blue

sakisadr said:
I just noticed that on the homepage above the picture of the burning village it says OXENFURT

It's on the map. Not related.

Ok, I know this horse has been beaten to death, but watch the video in hi res, pause it at 1:48 and look at the woman's face. She's all smiles.

slimgrin said:
Ok, I know this horse has been beaten to death, but watch the video in hi res, pause it at 1:48 and look at the woman's face. She's all smiles.

She was about to get her teeth smashed in, possibly raped, and definitely killed and then some random guy rode up and saved her. Wouldn't everyone smile after surviving such a close call? :p

slimgrin said:

There are smiles and then there are smiles. "Sardonic" could fit that smile, the kind of smile that comes of watching something too horrifying to watch. On the other hand, she later puts on a Mona Lisa smile that tries not to give anything away but shows she's not too badly hurt, pleased with the outcome, and positively relishes the prospect of what she can do with the hanged Imperial.

GuyN said:
There are smiles and then there are smiles. "Sardonic" could fit that smile, the kind of smile that comes of watching something too horrifying to watch. On the other hand, she later puts on a Mona Lisa smile that tries not to give anything away but shows she's not too badly hurt, pleased with the outcome, and positively relishes the prospect of what she can do with the hanged Imperial.

Question of the month would be that if you can see it, why Geralt can't, and simply sets her free. It is not like you have more experience with this than professional monster slayer with probably 50-75+ years of fieldwork. I sure hope this trailer is a part of something bigger, and CDPR will eventually make sense out of it. May be in the next trailer, Killing Monsters # 2, he will ride back, see her eating his liver, and will kill her as well. That would be some development. I can even imagine feedback on that.

Oh, may be in the Killing Monsters # 3, when he is riding there once more, they all, the girl and nilfgaardins, became wraiths, teamed up, and hunt for travelers together. The motto would be "I am really too old for this shit!".

slimgrin said:

Okay, that was creepy as hell.

Wichat said:
Well, where have you the list with the names of "everyone"? 'cause I don't remember have signed such a statement like this since I feel myself a part of the people who shares him/heer opinion in this thread... not a nobody....

Oops, mistyped that bit, meant the opposite.

Agent_Blue

slimgrin said:

Not just her smirk though.
We also get to see the dread in the hanged imperial's face.

And Geralt threw away a dagger. It's there somewhere.

So many Dexter kind of questions: why is there no blood on her hands, face, clothes? Did she carry the corpses back to her place? How? Did she mutilated them on the spot, and carry them a few morsels at a time? Or did she set up a bonfire nearby and roasted them? If she made repeated incursions into the battlefield, killed a number of wounded, and ate them, but was caught this time around right there or nearby, wouldn't she be carrying a carving knife? />

Again, sorry for being a tad overly graphical, but if we are to establish guilt we have to work with what we've got, which ain't much - purposefully - I'say.

slimgrin said:
Maybe she's happy that someone is helping her?

I find it weird that she hung around to smile after that ordeal. I imagine the first thing a simple, peasant girl would have done in that scenario, where she escapes certain death, is run the heck away. Or maybe she's a particularly hardy person, I don't know.

Regardless, I don't think it matters that she stood there smiling- even if she was some unsavory character, it doesn't make sense for Geralt to do anything to her based on assumptions or feelings. What matters is the extent of her wrongdoing, and whether or not Geralt would be troubled by it to the point where he felt that he needed to take action to stop her (from hurting others, possibly). Standing there smiling doesn't fit that criteria.

slimgrin said:

Agent_Blue

Wichat said:
What about a smile of thank Gods! nobody will hang me today? If I were innocent I smiled this way too.

It's not that kind of a smile.
There's hint of malice there.

There's also the hanged imperial's reaction.

AgentBlue said:

My God, I WOULD HAVE a lot of malice thinking how are suffering their own treatement this monsters who wanted to hang me!!!! And who don't?

Or anybody think that an innocent woman must be a Mother Teresa of Calcutta?

Agent_Blue

Wichat said:
My God, I WOULD HAVE a lot of malice thinking how are suffering their own treatement this monsters who wanted to hang me!!!! And who don't?

No, there's a difference between malice and rage, a revenge-seeking heart.

A smirk implies a different emotion altogether.

Wichat said:

Or anybody think that an innocent woman must be a Mother Teresa of Calcutta?

Personally, I find that her smile there looks kind of creepy.

AgentBlue said:

Personally I don't see a smile there, the image is too blurred to be 100% sure. Instead of a smile it might be terror or the girl might simply cry.

And when there's a close up on her face I don't see a sign of malice either, confusion rather.

About the hanged imperial reaction, he's just surprised by the turn of events and terrified by possibility of death, I can't see anything suspicious about it.

Someone having a "malicious" smile is not an objective observation.

But really, it doesn't matter- it doesn't make sense for Geralt to stop doing what he thought was right just because her smile could be considered "malicious".

Top Bottom