New interview with Marcin Iwiński

+
New interview with Marcin Iwiński

During last weeks E3 Eddie Makuch from GameSpot had a chance to talk with Marcin Iwiński about our upcoming Cyberpunk project, working with Mike Pondsmith, pirates and more. You can watch the interview here.

What does his shirt day? I think it's...
Marcin's Shirt said:
We are rebels
We are
CD Projekt
Red
Since 2002
I can't make out what's under 'Red' and over 'Since 2002'.

Awesome, Guys don't forget to read all the youtube comments they are hilarious and shows us how people love CDPR. :D

I personally think that the RPG genre needs something very different, like this. Don't get me wrong, I love fantasy RPG's, but this is great to see something entirely different. We saw Deus Ex: Human Revolution but we need more RPG's that aren't so fantasy/mythical. Though I absolutely cannot wait for the TW3, it's excited to see something so new. I also can't wait to see this new developer and in-game footage of this new cyberpunk RPG.

Sirnaq said:
Preordering something that would be available in 3 years is not very good idea.

Maybe 3 years is a bit too much but pre-ordering when the game is still under development makes sense IMO. Please check this out:

Grim Dawn

BTW I believe that Grim Dawn belongs on GOG.

It's funny you know, I downloaded Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition illegally, then after I played the prologue for about 30 minutes I stopped playing it because I knew the game was good and I wanted to buy it and spend a concentrated time playing the game. I don't like fantasy at all as a genre, but on principle I wanted to buy it because I could see that this was a real work that a team of people had put an exhaustive and loving amount of time and effort into.

I bought Witcher 1 from GOG.com because I thought it me understand the backstory but it was too clunky and playing both games would be too much swords and sorcery for me so I thought I would wait and play Witcher 2. I forgot about it until last week when I watched the CDPR & GOG summer conference... it was on sale and I happily ponied up the cash for it and today I started playing the game properly. It's really deep, it's really hard to get to grips with as it's not my thing really but it's an amazing creation. There are weeks of gametime ahead of me which is what games were like when you were a kid, it's good that it's hard because the steep learning curve is matched by the design and level of detail in the game. It doesn't hurt that I have a GTX680 either!

My point is that Mr. Iwinski is right, about everything he said - make a really good game and at the end of the day the people who are actually going to buy it will. I would not have bought it unless I had downloaded a copy first. And the end result was that I bought both Witcher 1 & 2! And I never would have bought them if they were not on GOG.com.

And now that Cyberpunk is on the horizon (which is much more my pace - anything like Blade Runner is more to my tastes) I feel really glad to have bought these games just on principle to help support a great dedicated team. Thank you Marcin and CD Projekt Red for your labours of love.

Top Bottom