New Patch when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
its been 2 patches in nearly 6 months and game is still unavailable in ps store. Dont hold your breath.
The patches wont change what Sony is doing. Ultimately Sony decide if 2077 will return, fixed or not.
Look at other ways to play instead.

To be fair I don't think it's the devs who published these ads. I'm no expert but I beleive it's more the PR department who are publishing these advertisments. So I don't think it's negatively impacting the work of the developers.
When somebody says "developers", I take it to mean the company that developed the game. I think most adults understand that a company isn't made up of staff who all do a bit of everything and I don't think anyone was suggesting that actual programmers are or should be performing communications and PR duties. By the same token, there are people suggesting that anyone with a complaint should leave the "developers" alone to get on with fixing the game, when again, no one is asking the people actually working on fixes to be giving us updates.

I bought a finished product, and did not agree to participate in the beta test for my own money, so waiting for fixes for six months is not okay. Developers have obligations. Instead of detailed reports on the work done, they publish all sorts of crap like Panam is the most popular romantic interest in Cyberpunk 2077.

Not the developers, the community-managers are doing that stuff. The developers are a bit busy with patches (40%) and new content (60%). Didn't lump the community-managers into the %'s as I don't think they're developers.

I didn't forget but I could quote my very first boss when I had made (huge) mistakes.
"It is only those who do nothing who do not make mistakes, the important thing is above all to try not to do them again"

So, don't talk about patch/Fix too much before it's ready, sound pretty "reasonable" for me. If for you, it is not, as you wish.

The steam db shows that the quality assurance and gforce now pipeline are both on the same build and have been for 11 days and 8 days respectively, that would suggest intensive playtesting of something. Surely detailed testing is better than what happened at release? There must be a separate testing stream for console too.
If, as suggested in the investor call, they have a set of criteria from PlayStation that they are working towards, then we'll just have wait for them to fulfil them.

Fix it on the quiet, don't make any promises, then push it "when it's ready"

I think any timetable for dlc, next gen etc etc has probably become a movable feast after the game is fixed.

I didn't forget but I could quote my very first boss when I had made (huge) mistakes.
"It is only those who do nothing who do not make mistakes, the important thing is above all to try not to do them again"

So, don't talk about patch/Fix too much before it's ready, sound pretty "reasonable" for me. If for you, it is not, as you wish.
Mine was "that's why we have insurance". But a similar sentiment. :D

I wasn't referring to the "when it's ready" quote for no reason, this is a bit of trauma for me I guess.

Your very first boss is a smart man 🙂

My Grandfather had a similar line if you tried to apologise for a mistake. "Don't be sorry, just don't do it again." trust me you didn't want to do it again!

Last edited:
And here I speak for me, on xbox and with the quality of my net connection :)

I prefer to wait a long while for a big update with a long patch note. So long that I have no courage for read it entirely, like 1.2. Rather than have to download a 10+Go update with a 2 lines patchnote. Like a game whose name begins by A and finish by K who is the best for ridiculously big updates for ridiculously little patchnotes :
-fixing an exploit who allow...
-minors fixes
Great... :(

I remember watching a piece on sepsis acquired via hearth catheterization in hospitals. Hospitals that treated such cases as an inevitable cost of operation saw them regularly. However, those that operated with a no-tolerance policy and strict infection-control procedures saw basically a total elimination of such liabilities.

Just saying, the "mistakes are inevitable" mindset is just as conditional as anything else, and not necessarily conducive to the optimal result. "When it's ready" doesn't look great given what has already transpired with the game, combined with the news that a significant amount of development bandwidth has already been moved off of stability and bug fixes. I'd be less concerned with complete radio silence if it seemed more like CDPR had their eyes on the prize, rather than the horizon.

I remember watching a piece on sepsis acquired via hearth catheterization in hospitals. Hospitals that treated such cases as an inevitable cost of operation saw them regularly. However, those that operated with a no-tolerance policy and strict infection-control procedures saw basically a total elimination of such liabilities.
Medicine is totally separate :(

Anyway, that's unfortunate... But I have to do it... Again...
I'm like Thompson, I will wait patiently...
"I wait in the car, but no too long..."
"No ! You will wait as long as it takes !"

Sorry again :D

I bought a finished product, and did not agree to participate in the beta test for my own money, so waiting for fixes for six months is not okay. Developers have obligations. Instead of detailed reports on the work done, they publish all sorts of crap like Panam is the most popular romantic interest in Cyberpunk 2077.
Are you seriously saying this?
I hope you realise its not the people that are working to fix and patch the game that "waste" their time on these things on the forums yeah? For which I would like to state its perfectly fine for someone in the company to do that.

But seriously, I really have to mind my tongue right about now (sorry mods) but these things boil my piss. If someone has no idea what they're talking of, then please dont speak.

I'll close it by stating: it'll come when its ready, just wait until then.

Are you seriously saying this?
I hope you realise its not the people that are working to fix and patch the game that "waste" their time on these things on the forums yeah? For which I would like to state its perfectly fine for someone in the company to do that.

But seriously, I really have to mind my tongue right about now (sorry mods) but these things boil my piss. If someone has no idea what they're talking of, then please dont speak.
Good advice. Odd that it is in response to a customer who is unhappy with a product six months after purchase and is yet to get satisfaction or even basic communication from the company that created the product. See my post in this thread about company structure. I'm sure everyone realizes that the people doing the marketing are not the ones doing the fixes on the game, but that is not the point.

I'm not really interested in more patches. My experience on XSX is very good. I want more content and more challenging quests. I feel slightly bummed out by the new roadmap. Love the game and played 146 hours before finishing it. It deserves more than one playthrough.

Good question. I was hoping we were going to get an update on friday, but nothing happened. I'd like to get at least some kind of announcement, but I fear I would get disappointed. I would expect a working public transportation system, better ai, better traffic, no more cars crashing against obstacles and/or getting stuck in the middle of the road for some reason, better pedestrians reactions (that crouching animation is horrible), a better lod system on pc with less popup, balanced difficulty and working perks (the max difficulty is still too easy), a better inventory, better minimap, the ability to disable quest markers, working animations for v's shadow as well as a shadow that actually reflects what v is wearing, a fixed ambient occlusion when using rtgi (no more abrubt transition from dark to bright), no more glowing eyes in cars when using rtgi, some decent water physics, better prologues.... I could go on further. I liked the game but it feels unfinished and it's still quite rough on many aspects.

Regarding CDPRs communication to its audience I too am sorry they aren't doing it more, not only to know what the plans are going forward but as reassurance they (as a company) are moving on the right direction post-launch.
Of course I don't mean the devs communicating directly but one of the biggest problem with cyberpunk's path to launch and launch was their communication. So it would be a reassurance if we were now witnessing a better connection between PR and the developers.
Some may say that no matter what they say now they will be roasted after but that would only happen if, indeed, the gap between department was/is(?) still there. If their announcements became stripped of any flourish and just reported on realistic goals/improvements to give us a sense of what to (realistically!) expect then Martin the CEO wouldn't have lied yet again in his apology video stating the communication would improve.
Instead gamers and streamers are gathering info from business calls. That choice to only communicate with investors knowing that these are public is a choice. For me the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom