Next-gen reflections glitches + few other minor bugs

+
Hello, I've come across few annoying graphical glitches, which I'm not sure were present in last-gen version. Reflections generally (not Ray-tracing, regular screen reflections) on water/windows etc. change with camera positions, which means reflections reflect things that should not be reflected (sail of the boat for example - reflections bug - sails), or do not reflect what should be reflected (sky for example, if you look down and dont have sky in view reflections bug - sky or mountains - reflections bug - mountains). Also other things that are reflected on Geralt armor or ground (Igni particles - igni particles bug, or sunset) look weird (you can see it in here - sunset reflections bug, as Geralt turns around pink reflections from the sunset stay on his armor for a few seconds, or these pink dots on ground on certain camera angles - it just looks unnatural). Didn't mind it very much until I've started Skellige portion of the game, but here its annoyingly everywhere, since you spent quite a bit on sea here.
Also, while on the subject of water, every body of water has these white lines/edges around it (or around grass infront of it, it looks good outside but inside/in the dark its just unnatural outline):
water_edges.png

Some other small bugs: weather system (no video) - so many times I've encountered that weather transitions happened instantly between frames, like it went from beeing foggy to clear sunset in one second for example.
Also two additional small bugs - torches sometimes produce sunlike glare (torch glare bug) and please, can you fix the swords clipping through boat? Nitpicker patch had it in it already :sneaky:
swords_clipping_through_boat.png

RTX 3050, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 16Gb RAM, Win 11, DirectX 12 version 1080p Ultra+ no RT (that only works 30+ fps with power supply mode set to performance, otherwise there are random crazy fps drops to +-10fps). No mods.

Last edited:
About the reflections in the water, this is just how Screen Space Reflections work, these aren’t bugs. I agree it looks bad when the sail of the boat is reflected but I am not sure they can do something about it. I don’t think they can.

The only thing that can and should really be fixed in my opinion, is the green hills and mountains being reflected when there are actually none, like in Skellige for example, when you are facing an empty horizon. Guess it’s a problem with the cube map used, which integrate these green hills and mountains when it should be only sky, or at least be more neutral.

About Igni, I don’t see any problem. I do however confirm about the torch (but not only) producing sunlike rays of light at dusk and dawn.

Anyway, you should report all these using the dedicated support form if not already done, if you really want a chance for these to be eventually fixed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom