No waves at Skellige

+
No waves at Skellige

i dont have any waves at the Skellige sea . always still water ( just small waves ) the sea looks like a lake .at velen i remember big boat rocking waves in bad weather .
anyone notice this or is something wrong in my game

i dont have any waves at the Skellige sea . always still water ( just small waves ) the sea looks like a lake .at velen i remember big boat rocking waves in bad weather .
anyone notice this or is something wrong in my game

It depands on the weather I guess. While I was clearing the northern archipel in Skellige It began to rain and a big thunderstorm came up with huge waves - it was a hellish Inferno made of water. Hours later the rainstorm has passed and the sun is shining on the archipel. Everything is calm and the see looks like a mirror now.

I too have this problem, absolutely no waves in the ocean, creatures have no impact on it aswell.. Any fix?

i noticed that when there is not wind or storms it is calm. Then Mediate from a while and come back and there is either wind or some store come (even just snow) the small waives are there at least. The still water is like water in cave or swamp I have seen.

for me its ok now . there is a mid size island north ofthe Skellige map. there is always stormy weather because of a
tower quest ( small spoiler)
. so i went there just for a test . when i reach open water i got nice waves (not near the shore ) ... so yea its the weather .
but it was irritating to have good weather for a long time :D

Chareq

Forum regular
I don't know if it's the same problem we're talking about but yeah often in Skellige the sea is just flat and doesn't look good.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-05-27 21-44-45-04.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-27 21-44-45-04.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 257
I have just arrived in Skellige and the water is definitely bugged. :(
It looks the same as a water bug that could happen with Skyrim if you modded it.
Flat and with a pixelated graphic issue.

Hopefully a fix is contained in patch 1.05

Last edited:
Although I think its just because the wind stopped blowing, there is also a thing after Cave of Dreams, which for some has all sorts of odd troubles/bugs before, during and after. As for the whales, I also think they aren't working properly. At a distance, their animations skip. Their tail doesn't slap water very well. Cool an all, but in need to distance effects. It just looks silly now.

Happened to me when I began to sail to the
Isle of Mists
from Kaer Trolde. Quickload, exiting completely etc. didn't seem to fix it, but the waves started appearing again once I was about halfway there.

I have this problem too (see: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/43247-Flat-Sea-Water). I believe and hope it's a bug as it looks terrible. From time to time, I have seen it look 'proper' with wave details/physics (which is why I think it's a bug - and yes, I'm referring to the same weather conditions: clear), most of the time it is flat though. Hopefully this gets noticed and fixed as it makes the game look like incomplete garbage. Unfortunately underwater is still pretty pathetic/almost completely void of life and not any real detail even when topside waves are rendered properly. Also, it's lame that there's not a wave crashing effect for when the sea water meets land...

They could learn from Rockstar Games how to make an incredible sea...

[video=youtube;5-BpDPCrbn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-BpDPCrbn8[/video]

Same here, as reported in this thread (can't paste the link as I'm a "new" user...):
BUG The not-so majestic Whale sigthing - animation bugged

Patiently waiting a patch for this (and so obviously for the whales' animation bug) since 3 months now...

Last edited:
That's sad how they had downgraded the sea in comparison with the first gameplay trailer...

Take a look in 1:16

Top Bottom