Nomad prologue car chase needs to be reworked

+
Keep in mind as you read this the context that the car chase through the protein farm after going through customs is the very first combat encounter in a Nomad playthrough.

CDPR made sweeping changes to how combat works as a vehicle passenger, but didn't bother to update this encounter, which is unskippable, to take the changes into account. Firstly, V can no longer duck into the car to take cover while reloading (which has to be done often since your only weapon is a six-shooter). Also, V has no ability to heal during this car chase so damage is taken that can't be avoided and can't be healed. You're 100% at the mercy of RNG and aim assist in this fight since the vehicle's movement is controlled by AI. There isn't any skill involved here; it's just hoping you get enough lucky headshots to take out the gunners in the other cars before your health ticks down from the unavoidable damage. The NPCs can duck into their cars to reload their guns, so why can't V? Being able to take cover is a pretty obvious thing, especially considering the fact that you've turned the entire rest of the game into a cover shooter instead of a RPG.

Playing on Hard, I got through this on my second attempt. I've never had to duck back into the car to reload...I didn't even know this was possible. I've played through this opening many times [It's my favorite] and while it does seem a little more challenging, it's not really out of line with my previous experiences.

i had the same problem with the johnny's chase because at that point i was already lvl 60 and in some attempts I couldn't even shot twice. finally i had to give up and change the difficulty

Keep in mind as you read this the context that the car chase through the protein farm after going through customs is the very first combat encounter in a Nomad playthrough.

CDPR made sweeping changes to how combat works as a vehicle passenger, but didn't bother to update this encounter, which is unskippable, to take the changes into account. Firstly, V can no longer duck into the car to take cover while reloading (which has to be done often since your only weapon is a six-shooter). Also, V has no ability to heal during this car chase so damage is taken that can't be avoided and can't be healed. You're 100% at the mercy of RNG and aim assist in this fight since the vehicle's movement is controlled by AI. There isn't any skill involved here; it's just hoping you get enough lucky headshots to take out the gunners in the other cars before your health ticks down from the unavoidable damage. The NPCs can duck into their cars to reload their guns, so why can't V? Being able to take cover is a pretty obvious thing, especially considering the fact that you've turned the entire rest of the game into a cover shooter instead of a RPG.
I have not played since the 2.0 patch but isn't the hidden puzzle solver here to ignore the shooter in the pursuing car and just shoot the grill until the cars explode? They're heavily armed security vehicles with no armor and loaded with dynamite, apparently.

At least this was the best strategy before the patch, just forget about all the fancy "shoot the shooter" or "shoot the driver" and just empty 6 shots at a time directly into the grill and wait for the boom.

I have not played since the 2.0 patch but isn't the hidden puzzle solver here to ignore the shooter in the pursuing car and just shoot the grill until the cars explode? They're heavily armed security vehicles with no armor and loaded with dynamite, apparently.

At least this was the best strategy before the patch, just forget about all the fancy "shoot the shooter" or "shoot the driver" and just empty 6 shots at a time directly into the grill and wait for the boom.
It's not a hidden puzzle, this scene and all of the on rails car shooting chases are busted. On the hardest difficulty you can literally die before you're even able to shoot.

PJ8855

Forum regular
I'm on my second 2.0 PL play-through, Nomad path, and I don't remember having any serious problems with those sections on Very Hard.
Maybe cause I aim with mouse, but I remember that the best strategy is to shoot the guy who shooting you, not the driver or a car, if you hit your shots he gets stunned that will give you an opening to finish him of then shoot enemy behind the wheel!

Also important : use hip-fire instead of ads - that way you can see your target better !

I'm on my second 2.0 PL play-through, Nomad path, and I don't remember having any serious problems with those sections on Very Hard.
Maybe cause I aim with mouse, but I remember that the best strategy is to shoot the guy who shooting you, not the driver or a car, if you hit your shots he gets stunned that will give you an opening to finish him of then shoot enemy behind the wheel!

Also important : use hip-fire instead of ads - that way you can see your target better !
When in doubt use mouse aim, yeah.

I managed this on hard after 2.0 with about 1% of health left by shooting the passenger then the car. I also made a better gun than the peashooter you get at the start.

On my first run the heist car chase was next to unwinable so i had to go from very hard to hard. On my second run i did it no problem on very hard. I assume that my gun still had the silencer i put on during Konpeki so i did shit damage in the first run.
Also i allways forget i can also hack the drones.
Johnnys chase is weird. Sometimes you just get oneshot after 2 seconds. And yeah shooting the cars seems to work better.

Top Bottom