Nomads are back chomba

+
Wow, it looks pretty damn impressive. I didn't even recognize Charlize Theron, or the fact she's missing an arm.

Last edited:
Boosts to Awareness/Notice and Initiative. Yeah, Max is really a Solo, sorry.

"Special Ability:Family" ? Ha! That's the enemy in Mad Max movies.

Well, he can do soulful and pretty, but can he do desperate, cool and furious? Most importantly, can he do crazy? Can he do tormented and ruthless? Not seeing that so far.

"The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel.."

http://movieclips.com/hZ5eF-mad-max-movie-hack-through-your-ankle/

Last edited:
I think he's the right actor for the job, he's done crazy early in his career with Bronson as well as perfectly sane in Inception. Bronception. I just wanted to say that cause I thought of it right now. Anyway:

[video=youtube;g4PyMY--RnU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4PyMY--RnU[/video]

"Special Ability:Family" ? Ha! That's the enemy in Mad Max movies.

/

I disagree.... family is Max's driving force whther he realizes it or not...

The entire first film is about him getting even with the people who wronged his family, both figuratively (Goose), and literally (wife and kid)...

The second film is about how lost he is because he doesn't have family... the family (ie the people at the refinery) are the true survivors, Max is just the schlub they get to do their dirty work after he rejected their offer to join them... Max lives because the family put him back together... Even the gyrocaptain joins the family.

The third film, completely about Max finding and finally joining a family, even if he has to sacrifice his place among them for their freedom... They are waiting for him at the end of the film, and more likely than not he went back to crack in the earth...

I will not argue that Max is as much a solo as a nomad, perhaps even more so... though truly, he isn't all that good in a fight in those movies either... at least he is no more effective than anyone else around him...

What Max is, is a Runner, he is all vehicle zen baby...

Yeah I always thought Max was more family oriented then anything else too.
A man looking for a place to belong and people to care about.

Family may be his motivation, ( it's not - it's revenge), but motivation is not what defines a Role - it's what you do. Max doesn't call on his Family for help. He's not a Nomad. The biker trash? They were Nomads.

Vehicle Zen isn't a Core Role, but even if it was, Thunderdome makes it clear Max is a dangerous opponent outside a vehicle. Combat Sense.

Family may be his motivation, ( it's not - it's revenge), but motivation is not what defines a Role - it's what you do. Max doesn't call on his Family for help. He's not a Nomad. The biker trash? They were Nomads.

Vehicle Zen isn't a Core Role, but even if it was, Thunderdome makes it clear Max is a dangerous opponent outside a vehicle. Combat Sense.

Exactly the opposite.... Max was getting his ass kicked, so he cheated with the whistle... thats not being a skilled combatant, thats being a sneaky git against a special needs kid...

Exactly the opposite.... Max was getting his ass kicked, so he cheated with the whistle... thats not being a skilled combatant, thats being a sneaky git against a special needs kid...

Also, he definitely uses his Family Special Ability, in Mad Max he uses it to get back in the force and aquire the V-8 Interceptor, the instrument of his vengeance after he uses it to avoid getting fired, arrested, and his badge taken away after assaulting a prisoner in front of his lawyer. In the Road Warrior, first he uses it to gain entrance to the compound, then it's used to get him extracted and treated after he wrecks the interceptor.

In thunderdome it's used to get him the deal which leads to the fight, it's used to get the kids from crack in the earth to help him, instead of leave him to die.he uses it to organize the search party, uses it to infiltrate the compound (by enlidting the help of Pig Killer and Master, and finally, it's used to keep Aunti Em from killing him at the end... "Ain't we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Think we're going to disagree on this one. Those are hardly uses of Family as the Cyberpunk Special Ability is understood - unless all Cops also have family. I haveno idea how you see Family being used to convince Master and Killer...persuasion/Fast Talk or simple self interest. The kids in the crack aren't Family either when they bring him in or, arguably ever. People who ally with you aren't automatically Family.

This Max of yours apparently has a lot of Family members. Biggest Nomad pack ever.

What Max is, is a prolific killer and driver. Generally a loner, he is dragged into situations to help others against his will or because he wants something out of it.

He's a HiWay Cop-turned- Solo.

Against his will I'll agree with.
But once Max sees what's going on and who's being exploited his soft spot shows.
He's a man that WANTS to be a loner but can help responding to "injustice".

Against his will I'll agree with.
But once Max sees what's going on and who's being exploited his soft spot shows.
He's a man that WANTS to be a loner but can help responding to "injustice".

Well. Eventually, because it's a hero story. In the short term, less problem. He was perfectly prepared to abandon the guy in the camp in Road Warrior until he mentioned he knew of lots of fuel for Max.

He's your classic anti-hero, like Snake Plissken. Only, you know, less cool than Snake. And capable. Less cool and less capable. Outside a car, anyway. Although he does keep getting his vehicles mashed up pretty good, makes me wonder. Some kind of self-hate being expressed there, or just plot-induced clumsiness?

I think Max is a man who wants to have family and friends, but for whom Fate and the writers have decreed otherwise. Thus the ending of each of the movies. Max. Alone. Solo, as it were.

"And the Road Warrior? That was the last we ever saw of him. He lives now only in my memories..."

Think we're going to disagree on this one. Those are hardly uses of Family as the Cyberpunk Special Ability is understood - unless all Cops also have family. I haveno idea how you see Family being used to convince Master and Killer...persuasion/Fast Talk or simple self interest. The kids in the crack aren't Family either when they bring him in or, arguably ever. People who ally with you aren't automatically Family.

This Max of yours apparently has a lot of Family members. Biggest Nomad pack ever.

What Max is, is a prolific killer and driver. Generally a loner, he is dragged into situations to help others against his will or because he wants something out of it.

He's a HiWay Cop-turned- Solo.

Re-read the rules... he never talks his way into or out of anything.... he trades in favors, the key of the Family Special Ability.

Top Bottom