!!! NORTHERN REALMS deck BROKEN !!!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
yenni;n6934830 said:
ok then, here is a new one:
4. Don't follow blindly the official protips.

Just think about your potential opponents while making your own deck. Isn't that actually the point of constructing?
Scorch, Igni, Weather, Phil', Dimeritium, Borkh, even simple removal. Learn to use them, they have a lot of utility not just against NR's pimitive buff-adrenaline-clone-promote.

You missed the point mate:)

I gotta say, I lost either 1 or 2 games to this strategy. It may be unbalanced but not entirely broken beyond repair; what makes it difficult to counter is the fact that the person using this technique gets 2 GOLD cards out of this. I think the copy shouldn't be golden, but haven't played enough yet to say this. It needs a good look at least.

Yeah I also don't think it's broken beyond repair, for now it's just a bit too open for exploits.

makor86
Oh did I?

While playing vs. NR you are forced to over invest in 1st round because of this broken combo.

To force your opponent into overinvesting in the first round seems like a decent tactic to me.

sneakeyboard;n6937300 said:
I gotta say, I lost either 1 or 2 games to this strategy. It may be unbalanced but not entirely broken beyond repair; what makes it difficult to counter is the fact that the person using this technique gets 2 GOLD cards out of this. I think the copy shouldn't be golden, but haven't played enough yet to say this. It needs a good look at least.

Foltest's ability is only allowed on bronze cards. Using promote comes after the copy and turns them gold. So the counter to this strat is to wait until your opponent either uses Adrenaline Rush or right after they use Foltest's ability but before they use promote and then hit them with the D.Bomb/Scorch/Weather/whathaveyou. The strategy is very obvious, and knowing when to counter it will turn a probable loss into a guaranteed victory almost every time.

yenni;n6937460 said:
makor86
Oh did I?

While playing vs. NR you are forced to over invest in 1st round because of this broken combo.

To force your opponent into overinvesting in the first round seems like a decent tactic to me.

read again but slower and think about it :)

makor86;n6659692 said:
Scorch affects only 1 card so it doesnt work, weather affects only 1 row so it doesnt work. etc plus you need a lot of RNG to get such cards in the first place and these are limited. Also when you are heavy on special card to counter NK then you are doomed against GREEN deck with their practically always present and indestructible bugged/broken HAWKER SUPPORT.

So you say to counter NK expose yourself to SCOIATELL and still you need a lot of RNG to beat NK :)

Also which is worse you are forced to commit in 1st round and last 2 rounds are all about RNG(which card do you get from the deck after 1st and/or 2nd card.

Anyway no other deck is even close to be able to execute a winning game combo when enemy passes after ~4-6 cards !!! There is absolutely nothing to counter it after ~<6 cards pass. The whole game is broken as NK can pass 1st in 1st round while all other factions practically cant 1st pass in 1st round at it is an auto win and the game is lost just 1fter 1st move no matter what.

How is it no game breaking? :) It cancels most of abilities of Skellige deck. It is all about being lucky with weather. You cant even play around giving up 1st round which suppose to be Skellige attribute.

I understand your frustration but it really is very counterable and it's even possible to win if your deck is good even if you pass and they do their combo. I was using Skellige the other day and ended up passing, the guy did the combo on his reinforced trebuchets and got over 100 points. But I then could play whatever I wanted without getting countered so I was able to wrack up a few more points in the second round and also took the third. NR is not unbeatable, just prepare your deck and your strategy for them. Any damage cards alone can help keep the AR promote combo under control.

makor86
You whine the whole thread and are constantly told that NR strategy is counterable in far too many ways to count it OP.
And fail at understanding how dimetrium bomb works.

I suggest you to stop with that salt and adjust your playstyle.

Last edited:
This tactic only works on inexperienced or really bad players. Like others have said, a well timed scorch or dimetrium bomb completely shuts this deck down and it's very obvious to recognize.

NR is problematic, but it isn't because of this deck/strategy. I will grant you that one of promote/adrenaline rush (probably promote) is likely broken but this cheese deck isn't the one that's highlighting it. The real problems in NR are Priscilla, Philippa, Trebuchet.

I personally think that the promote card should either be a silver (e.g. you can only get one) or, if it remains a bronze, they can only effect the one card. Not all the same.

Blackshatan;n6658582 said:
a wild scorch appeared.
Or Igni, or a weather, or a bomb. Oh boy, it's so hard to find a counter agaisnt a play style that load 5 cards on only one.

While Monster's Weather Deck is a pretty great counter to NR, I do feel its too strong for any other deck by any other faction to deal with.

At this point I would prefer it if Adrenaline Rush disappeared from the game completely. While it is a legitimate strategy and does not exactly break the game, it tends to suck the fun out of it in a major way, both employing it myself and being on the receiving end of it. It's always the exact same sequence of cards that is being played regardless of what the opponent does, and then you're hoping that he/she doesn't have removal/DB/weather in hand. There is zero variety in it, something which other decks and strategies have loads of. I'm also not a big fan of the implication that you can't pass a round versus Northern Realms early, ever. It just doesn't feel... gwenty? Gwenty. It doesn't feel gwenty at all.

As OP said it is broken. The only way to counter this is to keep playing......the OP said if you pass you lose and nothing can counter that so you would be forced to play out the 1st round each time just in case.

boneshiqua;n7103260 said:
As OP said it is broken. The only way to counter this is to keep playing......the OP said if you pass you lose and nothing can counter that so you would be forced to play out the 1st round each time just in case.

Are you being serious? NR users hardly even do this anymore because it's so easy to see coming and not hard to counter. The last guy who tried this when I passed ended up losing because I was able to overcome his points in the second and take the third. So I didn't even counter his buff promote and still won.

At any rate the devs are going to introduce a demote card of some kind so it's going to be even easier to counter.

Why is everyone still feeding the troll? OP is already known to troll the forum with complain threads and the like...

Rethas;n6661602 said:
It hasn't been even a week since we launched the game.

The average player hasn't earned enough cards for a proper meta to even establish.

Lol a week.. come play as a new comer against people who already have just a handful of cards. lose 99% of the time

I find this is a way bigger problem to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom