[NR] Amphibious assault devotion buff

+

Amphibious assault should have full reach if you play devotion and a specific amount inspired units

• Yes this is a good buff for NR

• No ampibious assault is fine as it is

• Neither because.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
First, I think AA is ok as it is. It serves its function well of bringing vulnerable engines onto the battlefield with a little buffer, and fetching potent threats like Seltkirk and Vysagota.
Second, i do think devotion needs a bigger payoff, but not just for NR. ST, could also see some stronger devotion payoff (not sure about other factions). ST suffers from an utter lack of tall removal. NR suffers from lack of tutors for high provisions golds and soft removal options (specifically offensive purifies and movement). Where to put that payoff is a hard question to answer, though.

Devotion NR is at a OK spot balance wise however it lacks the consistency when compared to other echo cards that can draw cards like SK blood eagle & NG coup de grace.
The great thing about bloodeagle is that you can set it up in multiple ways to play a warrior of +7 provisions and NG has double Roderick to find golds consistently.
Amphibious assault lacks the reach which means you need to always draw your 9+ provision cost golds like Anseís, Foltest, Viraxis, War Elephant, Roache...
Not drawing them does mean you lose a lot of value in a match and makes certain devotion strategies like Foltest unplayable because you don't have the guarantee to play it.
To enable all NR devotion strategies Amphibious assault could have full reach when you play devotion and have for example inspired 3 on your side of the board.
The boost remains the same when you play a lower provision card meaning anything above 8 provision cost won't get boosted.
I don't know, whether AA is OK / dumb or whatever, but I'm quite sure it really doesn't need a buff.

You wish it to be reworked for a specific archetype? Sure, fine, may be. But as it is, it's one of the strongest faction specific tutors in the game. (If not the one.)

What else I'm quite sure about is, that your "compare to" examples are a bit off. Just because BE is Warrior exclusive (with condition on top) and CdG is simply not a tutor. (And though Roderick does actually rise the consistency of the deck, he is nowhere near to classic tutors. And feel free to try yourself to find from 6 golds stuck in your deck for R1 picking the right one with him, risking wasting and bricking your other golds. ;) )

I agree a.a. should have reach to gold cards in devotion deck. In devotion we should have option like option (1) play a card 9 provision or less. like regular a.a option (2) Look 3 random gold card from your deck and play 1 of them.

Top Bottom