Occasional microstutters while moving throughout the world

+
Hi, I've been having this problem for such a long time, when I'm standing still, or moving about in a small area (such as when fighting enemies), there are no stutters, but when I'm running or riding the horse, there's about 2-5 microstutters per minute, and it's extremely annoying... I've tried everything, from locking my fps to 48 through the in-game fps limiter and rivatuner, i did limit max queued frames to 1, I've tried as many things as i could, but it won't go away... every setting is at high besides npc count and shadows, which are at medium, and normally I get 60+ fps except in big cities where I get no lower than 40 fps... I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me...

My specs:
GTX 1060 3 GB
AMD FX 6300 6 core (If I remember correctly)
8 GB DDR3 RAM
and the game is running off an SSD

You could try older GPU driver versions (like Nvidia v399 or v390). They might give you a better performance.

Also close every non-essential background application and disable the GOG/Steam overlay features.
Plus, if you didn't try that already, experient with different vsync ingame settings.

But in general, I'm not that surprised that the FX 6300 with only 8GB RAM is sometimes having difficulties at high settings. You could also try closing your antivirus program while playing (or set it to sleep mode), sometimes they require a lot of power which you can quickly feel on a system like that.

You could try older GPU driver versions (like Nvidia v399 or v390). They might give you a better performance.

Also close every non-essential background application and disable the GOG/Steam overlay features.
Plus, if you didn't try that already, experient with different vsync ingame settings.

But in general, I'm not that surprised that the FX 6300 with only 8GB RAM is sometimes having difficulties at high settings. You could also try closing your antivirus program while playing (or set it to sleep mode), sometimes they require a lot of power which you can quickly feel on a system like that.
I turned off all back ground processes and temporarily turned off my antivirus, still get stuttering... I know my cpu and ram is pretty low, but I checked my cpu and ram usage, and my ram usage never went above 70% and my cpu usage never went above 85%, even in the busiest moments of novigrad, where the fps sometimes dips to 35-40, with an fps locked to 48. locking the fps to 30 fps, or even lowering the resolution to 720p, doesn't help, which makes me think this isn't a spec issue...
Anyways, here's the tweaks I currently have set:
Nivida control panel:
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Low latency mode: on
Maximum number of prerendered frames: 1
Vsync: use 3d application setting
Virtual reality pre rendered frames: use 3d application settings
Ini tweaks:
Fps lock: 48
Texture memory budget: 1536
Texture memory GUI budget: 100
Max texture size: 4096
Max atlas texture size: 4096
I also removed the APEX clothing GPU file from the x64 folder in the game, and disabled full screen optimizations.

Are you playing with mods ?
Nope, I have no mods installed, but I did play around with a few settings in the ini files (though I returned some of them to their original state). I have found out that turning off vsync seems to help with some, but not all, of the stutters, as well as turning off ambient occlusion, for some reason, though this may just be placebo effect.

Top Bottom