Open PTR feedback

+
Yeah I tried several restarts but still everything is locked

Attachments

• Gwent_2018-10-07_18-33-38.jpg
    Gwent_2018-10-07_18-33-38.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 86
I have the started decks at least, and the cards that are in it. But that's it. No cards from live, can't really do much like this.

A bug I encountered when playing against a friend on friendly match.
I used Albrich to place Tibor on the top of my deck. Then used Vilgerfortz to pull him out. The problem is Tiber deploy effect was canceled. He didnt pull out the card on top of the opponent's deck as he should.
Another thing is that Cantarella can use a better description as telling us she's gonna pull the top of opponent deck or top of the deck on his side not just "top of the deck" as It is right now. I was confused when I tried it.
I wasnt playing too much as I like the beta game right now better. As the game pace is way too slow for my taste and the way everyone throwing brick after brick in the first 2 rounds just to keep their best card in the final round while not being bled out too much isn't great neither. And many many others archetype that I found fun to play and watch on the beta game was gone or unplayable at the moment. Hope things will turn around for the better in the end.

initial impression overall is very positive, so just going to try and summarize what’s stood out for me so far.

Firstly the hand size/draw three cards/coin-flip change, my initial reaction here is that it’s actually healthy for the game - though it’s fundamentally different. It’s moving away from the core problem with the old coin flip, which was always one of card advantage that was weighed upon the initial flip/first round. The brouver coin flip abuse deck was a perfect example that exploited that fundamental flaw - something exacerbated by did you draw your spy/access to your spy or not.

If I push round two to bleed or try and gain card advantage after winning a round there should be risk involved. The more I think about it, the more I like it honestly because with time and more knowledge of what you’re playing against, this decision becomes more meaningful/impactful. How long round 3 lasts is a significant decision that requires a decent amount of metadata to make, which right now doesn’t exists since everyone is learning, trying to break things etc.

So often the tendency right now is to just lean on the hope that your idea of a long round three is stronger and calls to lessen the number of cards drawn after round one is a point that falls kinda flat for me. Since ultimately you’d still be looking at two even hands but dry passing round two would likely feel necessary with relatively smaller hand sizes.

With the hand limit change and card draw as is, the strategic layer of which rounds I commit important resources too, how much do I value round one for example etc; Feel more important the more I play and crucially as something I can actually control/decide upon, so to speak - this is my growing impression of it at least. Which, unsurprisingly, directly relates to deck building and finding refinements through provisions. Something I find myself thinking a lot on, testing and enjoying overall.

As far as balance and broken interactions go, i’m not really worried as they’ll be ironed out and refined in time. A huge positive here is the provision system as a means of balancing cards, obviously leading to a lot more flexibility in terms of balance that isn’t simply based upon the point value - so again here, for me, emphasis can fall more upon general strategy, deck building etc.

In general any criticism I have right now is more based upon feel, but it’s not a finished build and there’s clearly sound effects meant to trigger for cards etc - some wild hunt units giving a hint of that flavour on ptr. Faster or snappier animations would help a lot, though it’d be nice if cards and clicking in general had a bit more weight/impact in terms of visuals and sound.

I’m thinking here about small things like playing a card or hero abilities and selecting a target to give zeal or whatever feeling kinda weightless; where i’d rather something like that be more akin to brokvar hunters selecting a target like on the live client or whatever - a satisfying click/sound to give decisions ‘weight’.

But yeah, overall i’m enjoying it the more and more I play.

For some reasons all my Vran Warriors disapear from my collection and I can't re-crat them because milling doesn't work.

After playing so much Gwent, HC felt really strange at first but it's definitely growing on me. A couple quick observations:
- When a card is summoned the deploy action does not trigger. Is that intended?
- I miss the way the cards used to be played, drag and drop vs. how it is now.
- At first it was hard to tell if the round had started or if the other player was still deciding on mulligans.
- Some animations seem too slow while others go by too quickly. Ex. when a card has to apply multiple buff it can take a while but when cards to revealed with the "reveal" trigger it can be easy to miss if you're not looking.

I havent been able to get into the game since morning game was running fine past 2 days but today Im stuck on load screen with Geralt and CIri face.
Tried redownloading repairing all to no avail.

All those who advice CDPR to fix the existing Gwent and give up on HC, please stop doing it. It is not going to happen. You are wasting your time typing it and making others waste time by reading it. Instead give feedback about how to make HC good. I shared the feedback through playgwent.com/support, but wanted to post it here to.
you are wrong - its same feedback as yours. Complaining about changing entire game, its concept, mechanics, visuals, leaders, is still feedback - Devs need to know, that this concept is for most of people unacceptable, and it will mean they will leave.
We already have this game - its called Heartstone.. we dont need another like HS, we need Gwent.
Gwent as it was defined in W3 IS the right gwent. HC is not gwent and has nothing to do with it except art.

Gwent was defined as tavern based card game with 3 rows on both sides, imediate effect of cards and its effect on battlefield, lot of variety of decks (even in W3 you can have weather deck...)etc.
HC has 2 rows, orders, provisions,.. that is not Gwent, thats heartstone clone. Better to say Gwentstone.

I love Gwent, with its uniqueness..

I believe problem is not with game itself, but with CDPR. Doing completely different game in 6 months and say "on 23th October, we will go live, with completely different game. " - the game is not finished, its not balanced,, it has a lots of bugs - its not ready for full version.
Furthermore Its not possible, to develop a game for 2 years, and suddenly change its whole concept, and completely ovehaul the game - only reason for it must be money - Gwent was not profitable, so they ordered devs to remake a game. and that is sad, because of it, Gwent will loose a lot of players, and eventually close servers..
and I have to say - HC version deserve it..

#notmyGwent
#makeGwentgreatagain

Hand limit is broken

So I managed to lose round 1 with 2 cards up on my oppnent, I had 6 and him 4 at the end of round 1, round 2 starts and we draw 3 cards each: he has 7 on his hand now and I have 9. Then, he just drypass me because theres nothing really not letting him doing it since he had 7 cards he would just draw more 3 and have hand full in round 3 meanwhile a I have to use 2 more cards for me not discard any of my draws in round 3 becausa of the hand limit. So, because of the hand limit I completely lost my 2 card advantage for a simple dry pass, it was pretty annoying and unfair, hope you find a solution for this.

Note: English is not my primmary language, sorry for any mistakes in the text

I like new grapchis, new UI elements and the inclusion of Artifacts. However I miss important things in this new Homecoming:

1- Tactical thinning cards. Right now is very hard for every class to have access to thinning cards ( a lot of combinations no more possible), if you add the factor that 2nd and 3rd round you get 3 extra cards without the ability to swap cards, at the end all is based on RNG (the player who draw the better value cards win) instead of skill

2- Class Identity. For Scoia'tael for example: They are the best class if you want to play spell cards, there is a iconic card "Nature's Gift" which allows you to play every spell you got in your deck... You also can spawn a spell twice, have bronze which will thin the deck playing spells from your deck and so on... Also you can play "Swap" mechanic cards, or you could go to move/damage units
With Nortem Realms you could go machines, or armour tactics or soldier/buff tactic. This was the identity of class, there were different possibilities to build a deck with and now they are gone.

3- Versatile cards. A good example for this is KEIRA METZ, which could spawn Althor's Thunder, Thunderbolt, or Archas Venom. This kind of cards are incredible because allows you to play differently depending on what you need.
So right now for example, if you pick a card that remove and artifact but your opponent doesn't play any artifact you have a dead card, same happen with Clear Skies now, which is a dead and useless card if your opponent doesn't play any weather. Limit almost every cards to two options depending if you play them in melee or range I think is worst than before. Having 3 or 4 options to choose using strong cards will allow you to do deep plays.

Also there are a few unbalanced cards. For instance, Isengrim's Council for 11 cost, imo is one of the worst value cards in the game. Because you play a 11 cost card with no body in the table and add a random card which can be a 4 cost.... If you compare with Avallach: Sage for 12 cost you get a 2 body, and the ability of choose whatever Artifact better suits you. Then we have a 6 cost card "Prince Villem" which put a 2 body spy on your enemy table, but let you play a random gold. I think Isengrim's Council should let you choose any ELV in your deck, instead of choosing a random... or putting a body like 2 and has the ability to "Choose a Bronze ELV, or Spawn a random gold ELV"

All the best

I tried restarting my pc aswell but nothing changed, all cards are still locked.
You tried opening GoG > go to Gwent > More > Manage Installation > Verify/Repair?

This usually works. If it is not some sort of a general bug.

You tried opening GoG > go to Gwent > More > Manage Installation > Verify/Repair?

This usually works. If it is not some sort of a general bug.

Well, since at least 3 people are having the same problem, I'd say it's a bug. But I'll try nonetheless. Even though I did already reinstall the PTR.

Top Bottom