Open PTR feedback

+
And lastly, and I'll gladly admit this might just be a "get used to it" thing, but the hand limit feels incredibly restraining.

May not be a "get used to it" thing either, it is rumored to be one of the most common complains from the closed PTR and as we can see till now, it does seem to take away a lot that makes Gwent what it is.

I think either drawing 3 cards or the handlimit or both should be changed, wonder what's their stance on it.

Hi CDPR,
I really enjoy the changes you've made to the game. However, I have run into a few things that I think are not intended and/or are bugs.
First Calanthir: His ability just spawn a 1 power unit - is it intended for the unit to not trigger its deploy ability? 5 point gold seems weak
Then the Mahakam Volunteers: My opponent played them in the ranged row and the ability to summon a copy still triggered even though it says Melee.
The new Witcher card - Ivo of Belhaven: I wasnt able to damage any enemy. It seems his tooltip is missing range as I was able to damage the melee row and not the ranged row.
That's all I can think of right now. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the full release.

Hi,
I have been trying to play some friendly matches but sadly there is a problem where the invitation is autocancelled or after having selected decks it just enters an infinite loop

Just downladed Open PTR, but as I start the game I can't see any of the main menu "buttons" and graphics (apart from the corner small icons).

Also no cards are visible, neither in loading screens or in decks.

Anyone has similar problems?
Came to report this exact same problem. Guess I won't be playing this PTR. I really hope this is fixed by Homecoming's release!

Screen before mulliga(the one that presents leaders)n is EXTREMELY laggy,game pretty much killes Pc during these 3 seconds.Any sound,any background activity starts to scream\tear during this 3 sec window.Not the greatest pc but other than that game runs just fine.

Frankly quite boring. I played 6/7 matches but due to limit on bronze, 25 min cards & bad mulligan system synergies are almost dead as you either failed to get proper cards or mostly control opp. will destroy most of your key cards.

Abilities are looking boring specially on golds & I am really missing silver cards :)

Hi CDPR,
When I play "Wild Hunt Hound" or "Wild Hunt Navigator" the sound of these cards is too loud.

Last edited:
The whole "order" thing is making life difficult for this old man! Yes, it is partly just a matter of me not used to the interface yet, but I don't always see those blue "+1" on a card. There is a BIG learning curve for us folks used to Gwent. (I've been playing since roughly January/February.) I guess the same is true for all of us.

Also like others, I've had issues with disconnects and having to leave the game altogether.

Sweers is OP:
"Deal 0 dmg and increase the dmg for every card revealed by 0" :)

Yeah but his ability works, it's just the tooltip that's bugged. Every reveal is meant to increase the damage by 1, regardless of whether he's in hand or in the deck :D And it does

I actually made a fun little reveal deck with Calveit and have been trying it out since the PTR opened. The problem is that I picked almost everything with reveal synergy and still don't have enough spots, or I can't control the randomness. Arbalests and Spotters and Recruits reveal randomly and I never seem to be getting what I want. I included NG knights to increase the odds of revealing a higher unit on my end, still nothing.

Standard bearers are crap. They should boost by 3 when revealed at least, though a better change would be that they are STR 5 without the deploy ability and just the Reveal synergy.

I get the feeling Reveal is meant to be combined with tactics to decrease the potential units you can reveal, but I haven't tried that yet.

All in all, I am enjoying the PTR so far, but it's pretty complex, sometimes fairly random and there is no clear archetype anywhere.

So far 4 major bugs/features:
1) Vigefortz - after burning own unit, top unit from the deck is played on a random row, this row is often has no ability for a card.
2) After playing a card "End turn" button stays inactive. After roping random card in your hand is discarded and opponent gets his turn. Occured 3 times today. - update: that was me being a fool and forgeting Leader does not count as a card LUL.
3) After my turn non of us gets a turn. Fortfeit does not work - only Alt+F4.
4) Mangonel - shoots regardless of who has revealed a card me or my opponent.

Last edited:
Some of my oppinion:

1. Speed of the game during the match is too slow.
2. Lack of dag and drop.
3. Abilities of cards looks almost the same to each other.
4. Slow battle preview screen.
5. Bugged abilities. Lyrian Landsknecht deal 1 dmg in situation, when he should 4.
6. Animated cards are slow.
7. You don't know how many cards left in your deck.
8. Icon's of rows on the left is hard to see on the battlefield.
9. Movement of camera, makes hard to concentrate on your crards during enemy turn.

... I'm disappointed by how much messier the game seems now...
Exactly.

I've been playing since CB and the playboard has NEVER been so counterintuitive. Even when I played my first game in the online version of Gwent almost two years ago (!?) I didn't felt so lost to where to look on the board, what to look on the board to get the information I need and what to do with that said information.

The "End Turn" button is... out there. Good luck figuring out what you need to do with it most of the time. I get why you should hit it after every turn, but it's so... MESSY. Before the design was synchronized - numbers where placed at places when you intuitively knew what they refer to. End Turn button was big, with distinct colors indicating who's turn it is and when to click to end it. Points for each next to that same row, the total number of points, big and clear right next to them...

I am sorry if I sound rude, but I spend so many hours with this game and now I feel really, really bad about it. It had so much more potential, I had so much fun with it... what the hell did you did with its vision? Why did you had to kill its atmosphere?

I feel more like playing against the AI of the current Gwent than... this.

The 10 card limit combined with drawing 6 cards per game is killing the strategic complexity of the game (card advantage, tempo, point leads, etc.)

And stop screwing with the coin. Just make it 2 out of 3. Magic figured that out years ago:

"103.2. After the decks have been shuffled, the players determine which one of them will choose who takes the first turn. In the first game of a match (including a single-game match), the players may use any mutually agreeable method (flipping a coin, rolling dice, etc.) to do so. In a match of several games, the loser of the previous game chooses who takes the first turn. If the previous game was a draw, the player who made the choice in that game makes the choice in this game. The player chosen to take the first turn is the starting player. The game’s default turn order begins with the starting player and proceeds clockwise. "

Adda have mans voice versus Filavandrel.
SHupe has no ability.
balance card sometimes have white border.

When Scoiatel's Explosive Trap(?) kills a unit, it triggers the enemy Arachas Queen's passive even though that passive is only suppossed to apply when the monster player kills their own unit.

Top Bottom