Open PTR server is now live

+
I'm just going to say that Ciri aat anything less, whether it's 24 or 2 is a nerf, hard stop. G.Igni isn't an argument at all... it's one card, R3 which means it's up to CA whether you get to use it or not anyways. all things being equal a 50% hit rate isn't good. if you are getting less than tha because of CA against you, it's useless to rely on anyways, and if you're getting CA in your favor more frequently you equavilent chance to match it's single card value with 2 of yours.
That's not to mention other removal options like scorch. can't run scorch buecause it'll hit you? congrats, stop worrying about the opponents single high value card. whooty-doo it can be played to it's own row, that means everything else is crammed together and how often do you end matches where the opponent dropped less than 50pt on field R3? even viper/aclhemy can manage that and it's damage heavy. the only times you usually don't see heavy R3 points is when someone tried to bleed the other R2... and possibly failed. if it was you that was bled, or you failed a bleed G.igni was never gonna hit anyways, and if it was your doing the bleeding or the oponent failing one, your CA means you're already in better shape.
and if your opponent is putting out more swing than you without Ciri? Then G.igni should have plentiful other targets, and you've got more problems than just her.

Void_Singer;n10422182 said:
I'm just going to say that Ciri aat anything less, whether it's 24 or 2 is a nerf, hard stop. G.Igni isn't an argument at all... it's one card, R3 which means it's up to CA whether you get to use it or not anyways. all things being equal a 50% hit rate isn't good. if you are getting less than tha because of CA against you, it's useless to rely on anyways, and if you're getting CA in your favor more frequently you equavilent chance to match it's single card value with 2 of yours.
That's not to mention other removal options like scorch. can't run scorch buecause it'll hit you? congrats, stop worrying about the opponents single high value card. whooty-doo it can be played to it's own row, that means everything else is crammed together and how often do you end matches where the opponent dropped less than 50pt on field R3? even viper/aclhemy can manage that and it's damage heavy. the only times you usually don't see heavy R3 points is when someone tried to bleed the other R2... and possibly failed. if it was you that was bled, or you failed a bleed G.igni was never gonna hit anyways, and if it was your doing the bleeding or the oponent failing one, your CA means you're already in better shape.
and if your opponent is putting out more swing than you without Ciri? Then G.igni should have plentiful other targets, and you've got more problems than just her.

Well said.
However, I would advice Gwent design team to create cards that do not have over X value, even when situational. I think golds should be thought out so, that the point swing is very rare to get over 30.
As someone said before you Ithilline can deal swing 40 points on long run, and that is just stupid.
Yes Nova is "big finisher" but I dont hear anyone complaining about Hjalmar for example, Bringing Nova down some is certainly good thing, but Nova hardly is the most OP card there is, If you lost to nova deck, you lost because CA or because you did not have counter play for any big cards. This meta is very fun for monsters who tend to get big units in r3 and see 3-5 scorches in a row, while at the same time enemy racks points on table.....

Ciri nova is a deck build card like shupe, for that reason (and only that reason,) I feel like there is plenty of strategy and setup involved in her use. Especially when you consider there is no guarantee that you will draw this card or be able to play it as the last card played. I would also point out that sihil (one of my most used cards) can easily top 30 points in value, (and cannot be countered.) The problem with golds is not that they are too powerful, it is that they are not consistently powerful enough. Igni can be a dead card, yen lightning and triss butterfly can be killed in 1 round (not to mention ciri return.) I could go on, but the truth is we need every faction to have access to 30+ golds with multiple functions (like sihil) so everyone can compete with the ST super golds and the cursed bear super golds (and have true deck diversity.) Does anyone think dwarves would have been so commonly exploited if they didn't have 3 or 4 30+ point faction specific golds in their deck. Also 20+ silver needs to become the average as well. This makes sense if you want bronze cards to be around 10 point averages (as the developers seem inclined to do.) Ciri nova isn't the problem, the problem is monsters, NR and NG all lack faction specific golds worth around 25-30+ and SC has too many OP silver and gold.

Ciri nova is actually very rarely used, in high ranked and in pro lader she is totally garbage and last 100 games didn't saw here even once so no idea why you complaining

Btw, any new cards in the ptr? I am curious (especially with new season and patch being delayed by however long it ends up being delayed.)

Kingoko;n10425392 said:
Ciri nova is actually very rarely used, in high ranked and in pro lader she is totally garbage and last 100 games didn't saw here even once so no idea why you complaining
I saw quite some Ciri:Nova the last few days, finishing around #350; Mostly used with Radovid or Eithné. I am saying she is not underused at all - she is still a neutral card.

Wonderboy8700;n10425302 said:
Ciri nova is a deck build card like shupe[.] [...]
The cost it takes is too low in my view. I don't mind Ciri:Nova tho.

Wonderboy8700;n10425302 said:
Ciri nova isn't the problem, the problem is monsters, NR and NG all lack faction specific golds worth around 25-30+ and SC has too many OP silver and gold.
That's a valid argument. The across faction balancing is pretty weak these days.

TweetyLeaf;n10424112 said:
[...]Yes Nova is "big finisher" but I dont hear anyone complaining about Hjalmar for example[.] [...]
Please explain me, how in gods name is Hjalmar problematic/overpowered.
Hjalmar got plenty of counterplay and first of all needs at least 2 rounds or a second card to gain points. He is a 9 strength play at first (Lord of Undvik being 5 strength if my memeory serves) - 11 at the PTR (Hjalmar having 16 strength). There is not a single damage over time that deals 5 damage to a chosen unit, thus you wont get the 24/26 (-5 from the Lord of Undvik) instantaneously.
1 example how to boost Hjalmar in 2 turns.
Play Hjalmar - 9 points
Play Brokvar Archer - 11 points + 10.
30 points in 2 turns, with a fairly slow initial play, where is the issue???
Shall I explain that you can simply lock Hjalmar, schorch him or whatever on top of that?

Just for the record, Tibor Eggebracht isn't an issue either.

TV_JayArr;n10432182 said:
Please explain me, how in gods name is Hjalmar problematic/overpowered.

I never claimed he was, please read again, sorry if my english ain't good enough so people understand my point. I take you like to play Skellige?

TweetyLeaf;n10433002 said:
I never claimed he was, please read again, sorry if my english ain't good enough so people understand my point. I take you like to play Skellige?
ut I dont hear anyone complaining about Hjalmar[.]
Pretty much sounds like doing so if you just refered to the Ciri: Nova complaint. If that wasn't the intention, don't mind my response to you.

Ps. Yes I like (playing) Skellige, don't know why that is relevant for my post tho.

TV_JayArr;n10433272 said:
Pretty much sounds like doing so if you just refered to the Ciri: Nova complaint. If that wasn't the intention, don't mind my response to you.

Ps. Yes I like (playing) Skellige, don't know why that is relevant for my post tho.

My point was that I am not against nova, the point nerf is okay, I believe its good thing for the game. That said, I would be fine if they haven't nerfed nova.
I try to elaborate (just woke up, please stay with me).

The game has other big finishers also, I was trying to say that for example hjalmar can be used as second last card and combo him to 26 with for example clan hunter.
bronze+gold combo that is 32 points. I am perfectly fine with that.

What I was trying to say, is that Nova is about getting CA as Void_Singer explained. I believe people just take loosing a game to nova hard, because no matter how many points there are and when they lose they go like "oh my god, again nova finisher" even tho the nova player won the game with 15 points...

It's people's perception and it's fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The real problem in my humble opinion is playing the same card over and over again and the huge point (over 30) swing cards that do not need setup (Ithilline), for example chaining scorch 3-5 times while at the same time putting points on the table, chaining 4-5 dwarven skirmishers on the table etc. I much rather have variety and options to use the same card as 2-3 different ways in your deck.
Example about enjoyable play would be slyzard to rotfiend -> slyzard to barbegazi -> consume rotfiend. Thats not hard combo or something, but its very different from playing 3 no-brain Dirmishers.

I'm still waiting on this month's PTR, especially if end of season is the 28th. The reason being, if it doesn't exist, we can't expect changes beyond a few points up and down. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from design

Top Bottom