Option/Toggle to hide objective markers/vendor icons/other symbols in the HUD

+
Just googled for option to disable all that HUD markers.
It's just impossible to record cool battle scene with all that icons on top of the massacre.
Now I need to google "How to remove moving object from video", and there are no good options for these right now.

The fact that there are so many other HUD elements that can be turned off and this isn't one of them is truly baffling. I quit after launch and recently started playing again. But this issue alone has caused me to quit a second time until it's fixed.

Yeah, kinda hard to navigate via signs when they load in a half second before you pass them. I agree, if everything was working the way it's supposed to the signs and actual design of the city would be navigable. However with the last gen nerfing of LODs this is not currently doable.

It's just impossible to record cool battle scene with all that icons on top of the massacre.
I have been using a paid mod that is advertised as being for free roam camera, but one of the features is disabling all the HUD. I haven't compared it to the mod previously mentioned.
Its by Otis_Inf on patreon

The fact that it wasn't an option from the start makes me feel like the wrong people are in charge of the wrong areas at CDPR. Such a basic feature for immersion; look at Horizon: Zero Dawn or even the comparatively tiny The Outer Worlds by Obsidian (who were independent at the time of development) for an example of how to do your HUD options. Or maybe even look at the options that The Witcher 3 had!

I'm still holding out hope for a patch though.

I wish the custom of doing this had never caught on. I can still remember the number of complaints that swarmed the feedback for Morrowind when it came out. People complaining in tidal waves that they had no idea what to do or where to go for the very first quest in the game...despite one of the first characters you speak to telling the player where to go and who to talk to, and a character you meet moments later giving the player step-by-step directions on exactly how to get there.

Give it 5 more years to until Oblivion's release...and every game under the sun included a constantly displayed mini-map with dotted line showing you where to go, a compass somewhere on the main screen with huge quest marker icons, a glowing path to follow in-game, and a huge ! icon over the entrance to whatever "secret" entrance your character was supposedly "trying to find". :LOL:

I get that sometimes games can be a little unclear, or there might be a gap in the info a character is given, so having a way of activating something like these neon breadcrumb trails to follow is useful, but I'd still rather have it on-demand.

I think a button we tap to activate a temporary overlay that highlights points of interest or makes the icons appear for a few seconds then fade away would make games much more immersive. If a player wants the help, it's there. If not, we just never tap the button.

I think a button we tap to activate a temporary overlay that highlights points of interest or makes the icons appear for a few seconds then fade away would make games much more immersive. If a player wants the help, it's there. If not, we just never tap the button.
I would love that. While playing in Cyberpunk without quest objective markers altogether would be a bit too difficult, since we sometimes need to find a small object in a vast environment (like a datashard for example), having a chance to show them only temporarily would be a very elegant solution. I'd maybe add a chance to optionally turn off loot icons (which I personally don't like from the very start in CP) and shop / other indicators that show on screen. Maybe just one button to enable / disable the whole hud would work, with an option to make it show in combat and other gameplay - sensitive moments?

I would love that. While playing in Cyberpunk without quest objective markers altogether would be a bit too difficult, since we sometimes need to find a small object in a vast environment (like a datashard for example), having a chance to show them only temporarily would be a very elegant solution. I'd maybe add a chance to optionally turn off loot icons (which I personally don't like from the very start in CP) and shop / other indicators that show on screen. Maybe just one button to enable / disable the whole hud would work, with an option to make it show in combat and other gameplay - sensitive moments?
It's something that I've always thought of since the spell in either Oblivion or Skyrim that created a glowing trail to your destination. It would last only for a limited time, then fade away. What I loved is that it was there if I wanted it. If not, it wasn't cluttering up my view of the world.

I'm an aesthetic nut. I dislike games that "overlay" things on the visual picture. To that end, though, weirdly, I wasn't bothered in the least by the way CP2077 worked by default. Trails and quest markers were one of the first things I disabled in TW3...but for whatever reason, when I saw the quest markers for the first time in Cyberpunk, I was like, "Oh! That's not that intrusive at all. Blends right in!"

Maybe it's just the color scheme they used. Still, I'd rather have it all off or toggle-able.

Maybe it's just the color scheme they used. Still, I'd rather have it all off or toggle-able.
Or maybe it's less shocking in the midst of neon lights and all the city stuff than in a forest or in the middle of nature. Because a "big" yellow icon with the quest's name under, that could be aweful in middle of Toussaint for example :)

About 15 patches later and one stiil has to resort to mods for the true immersive experience.

Top Bottom