Other RPG games

+
I agree with most of the games already mentioned, but I'm gonna add in Divinity 2: dragon knight saga for an action RPG (similar to two worlds, but I enjoyed it more). In addition to the other recent/upcoming, old school, kickstarted games (project eternity, wasteland 2, torment), I would add divinity: original sin and shadowrun returns. Finally, Legend of Grimrock as a fun Dungeon crawler.

Also, not RPGs, but if you enjoyed dishonored (and don't mind older games) then the thief games are pretty spectacular...also they have a TON of great fan made missions. Which reminds me...so does the original neverwinter nights.

trialus said:
I agree with most of the games already mentioned, but I'm gonna add in Divinity 2: dragon knight saga for an action RPG (similar to two worlds, but I enjoyed it more).

Yes, absolutely agree. Divinity 2 DKS is one of the best RPGs. The rest on my favorites list was already mentioned.

If you are into very old RPGs, try Might & Magic VI-VIII. They are on GOG.

-Demon Soul
-Dark Soul
-Ni no Kuni
-Disgaea
-Folklore
-Resonance of Fate
-Mass Effect 1,2 (best), 3
-Baldur Gates 1,2
-Dragon Age 1+ DLCs
-Elder Scroll

Slicedice808 said:
List of the RPG games I have already played:

Slicedice808 said:
9. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
10. Dishonored
Not RPGs. Especially the latter one.

But anyways. I recommend Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire & Risen 1.

I also recommend looking into the first Fable game. It's more of an action/adventure with light RPG elements but I really liked it back in the day. Great fairy tale atmosphere with a fantastic soundtrack and British humor.

I guess you missed Temple of Elemental Evil the Best Turn-Based Tactical Game.

Visit TOEE GOG and Download it
Visit Co8 download the latest patch and please play it and let others know this amazing game highly underrated!

eskiMoe said:
Not RPGs. Especially the latter one.

But anyways. I recommend Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire & Risen 1.

I also recommend looking into the first Fable game. It's more of an action/adventure with light RPG elements but I really liked it back in the day. Great fairy tale atmosphere with a fantastic soundtrack and British humor.

And be sure to follow that up with Fable 2! Then Disappointment 3, followed by Utter Garbage: The Journey.

Csszr said:
And be sure to follow that up with Fable 2! Then Disappointment 3, followed by Utter Garbage: The Journey.
To be honest, I'd just play the first Fable and leave it at that. It's the only game in the series worth playing.

Thothistox said:
I'm currently playing Gothic 1, it's like Skyrim but done properly (i.e., with C&C and some attempt at actual characters). It's the first open world game I've played that I actually like. I had to remap my buttons to get the controls right though.

I have no idea in what way Gothic is anything like Skyrim or any TES for that matter.
It has swords and wolves, I'll give you that - but otherwise? :confused:

Slicedice808 said:
I bought the Witcher 1 the year it was released, but didn't play it until I finished the Witcher 2 :p/>/>/>/>/> Since then, I have been in love with the RPG genre, especially the Witcher series :)/>/>/>/>/>

Therefore, I want to ask you: What are other RPG games you would recommend and are worth playing?

List of the RPG games I have already played:

1. Skyrim
2. Dragon Age: Origins+"Awakening"
3. Dragon Age 2 (Yuck)
4. Mass Effect 3
5. Game of Thrones
6. Two worlds 2
7. Fallout 3
8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
9. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
10. Dishonored

Thank you :)/>/>/>/>/>

Edit: Most important thing is dialogues and choices. Plus no repetitive combat. Thanks again :)/>/>/>

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) is in my opinion a must. KOTOR 2 was also excellent but was not finished when it shipped so half the story is missing. There are mods and stuff that pull together all the misisng content as the files shipped with the game.

Aaden said:
I have no idea in what way Gothic is anything like Skyrim or any TES for that matter. />
It has swords and wolves, I'll give you that - but otherwise? :confused:/>

Besides the obvious: they're both single-player open world action RPG's, there's also the structure of guilds and opposing camps and associated quests.

In no particular order and some of them are heavily modded:

Fallout NV
Skyrim
Morrowind
Fallout 3
KOTOR
Baldur's Gate 2
NWN
Dragon AGE 1
NOT Dragon Age 2
Planescape
Arcanum
Leisure Suit Larry
Phantasy Star series (Sega Genesis)
Uncharted Waters (Sega Genesis or SNES)
Starflight (Sega Genesis)
Shadowrun (Sega Genesis NOT THE SNES VERSION WHICH SUCKED)
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines
Deus Ex 1 and 3 (2 was OK but easily forgettable)
Final Fantasy series

Some of them I loved at one point but couldn't play today because they are turn based which I simply cannot stand anymore. Still great games and you might get enjoyment out of them.

I started RPGs with Skyrim.
Then tried A LOT of RPGs ( Demos/Trials and so on )
Only liked Skyrim and Fallout.
I only like the Open World ones.
Even TW2 is too closed and tight for my taste. I really hope that the areas from TW3 are wider and dont have those linear paths. ( I know it will be full open world this time, but its still possible that you have those linear paths which are surrounded by bushes/rocks/trees/fences where you cant get through or over)

ATM im looking forward to The Division and TW3 ( really hope it isnt like I descriped it )

If someone knows an RPG with:

Open World like Skyrim
awesome atomsphere
stealthing ( with scriped stealth kill anmiations )
bows
modern graphics
crafting
safehouses
sidequest/missions ( like assassinations/stealing )
mini-games ( card games or that stuff )

PLEASE TELL ME.

IDuB7 said:

Open World like Skyrim
awesome atomsphere
bows
modern graphics
crafting
safehouses

PLEASE TELL ME.
If you just want another Skyrim I'm afraid you have to wait for the next Elder Scrolls game. You could go back and play Morrowind and Oblivion though. The latter looks pretty decent if you mod it.

IDuB7 said:
I started RPGs with Skyrim.
Then tried A LOT of RPGs ( Demos/Trials and so on )
Only liked Skyrim and Fallout.
I only like the Open World ones.
Even TW2 is too closed and tight for my taste. I really hope that the areas from TW3 are wider and dont have those linear paths. ( I know it will be full open world this time, but its still possible that you have those linear paths which are surrounded by bushes/rocks/trees/fences where you cant get through or over)

ATM im looking forward to The Division and TW3 ( really hope it isnt like I descriped it )

Open World like Skyrim
awesome atomsphere
bows
modern graphics
crafting
safehouses

PLEASE TELL ME.

IDuB7 said:
If you just want another Skyrim I'm afraid you have to wait for the next Elder Scrolls game. You could go back and play Morrowind and Oblivion though. The latter looks pretty decent if you mod it.

The former is the far superior game, though. And can be modded to look great as well. Very text heavy, though.

I'd suggest the Gothic series. Their world is not as vast as Skyrim or Fallout (Gothic 1+2, anyways, G3's is pretty damn huge), but they excel in so many aspects - especially atmosphere, living world and feeling of achievement. Graphics might be a problem, though, if you're really that obsessed with state of the art visuals. Risen has more modern graphics, is very much like Gothic, a good game, but not quite as outstanding as Gothic.

P.S.: Stay the hell away from Arcania: Gothic 4, even if it's the most recent and best looking game of the series, putting the name on it is misleading and close to fraud.

Top Bottom