Paid dlc not working

+
Paid dlc not working

I have a physical copy of the witcher 3 on ps4 labeled region all..my psn account is usa.. All free dlc just worked fine.. But once i purchased and downloaded blood and wine dlc it didn't show up on the main menu of the game.. No matter how hard i try from relicensing to redownloading it didn't show up... What makes me worried is that all free dlc worked fine.. So it doesn't seem to ve a region issue... Please i need help..
Notice that i didn't purchase the first dlc hearts of stone and i wonder if it's related so the other dlc won't work unless i install the first one...
Thanks in advance

Expansion packs not appearing in the game.

Hello. I downloaded both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine expansion packs, but only the Hearts of Stone appeared to be installed in the game menu while the latter was "Available Now" even though it appears installed in my PS4 notification screen. The problem didn't stop here, because the Hearts of Stone starting quest had no information in the journal, and the quest name was called "MISSING_QUEST_NAME...". When I tried doing the first quest where you talk to the NPC near the notice board, the cutscene was very fast paced and there was no dialogue audio between Geralt and the NPC. So I went to the PlayStation store and redownloaded Hearts of Stone, but now both expansion packs appear to be "Available Now" in the game menu even though both appear to be installed when I go to "My Add-Ons". To make matters worse, I can no longer load to any of my previous saves because I'm missing the "Hearts of Stone dlc". My game is v1.23, I tried restoring licenses, deactivating and activating again my account as the primary account, but neither worked. I don't think I have any region related problems because all the other free dlcs are successfully installed in the game. It's only these two expansion packs that aren't appearing at all in the game menu's downloadable content. Is there any fix for this asides trying to delete and redownloaded the 19GB update...?

PS: My base game is physical, not digital.

Last edited:
@Isolated10 and @tbone_

Merged these two as they are so similar.

This is weird. Two similar problems at the same time. Could there be something wrong with the PSN store? My only advise is trying to reinstall expansion packs but somehow I get the feeling that it doesn't help. Maybe contacting PlayStation could be a way to go. You can also contact RED support but this smells more of an PS problem now after two cases. But because I don't understand these things, maybe it's better to contact both. CDPR support link is in my post above.

The exact same problem of tbone..
This is weird.. I'm 100% sure it's not region related issue.. All free dlc worked fine..
I've contacted sony support 3 days ago.. No response till now sadly..

The exact same problem of tbone..
This is weird.. I'm 100% sure it's not region related issue.. All free dlc worked fine..
I've contacted sony support 3 days ago.. No response till now sadly..

Well, it might take few days and there was weekend in between. Hope they'll answer soon.

expansion pass problem

i recently bought the expansion pass on the ps4 and downloaded the 2 expansion but it didn't appear in the game neither in the dlc list

@wks12

Moved this to PS4 tech support together with others.

Similar cases have been around lately as you can see. I suggest that you contact to the RED support http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Also contacting PSN store would be a good idea.

And yes, I'm repeating myself a bit :D Sorry about that...

Last edited:
I redownloaded the dlc again... It worked but with many glitches.. The conversations seem to be very fast (it's like when someone rewinds a video) also the frame rates are horrible.. The terrain is also not visible.. I think there's a compatibility issue here

im facing the problem same with u... but just in dlc blood&wine only..
dlc heart of stone no problem... i buy from psn..my psn account is r3.. i dont think so it related with region account..
already submit to cdprojekred this issue..but no response.

Also experiencing such issue with Blood and Wine DLC but on Xbone. Not even going to bother filling a report, since last time i did this they didn't fix any of the problems that i reported.

Sounds to me as if you may need to renew your licenses for the individual packages. Since GOTY was released, perhaps your account doesn't want to pair the old DLC with the new base game version for...whatever reason. Have you tried contacting Sony / Microsoft support?

Same problem here, is there any fix for this. i reinstalled the game like 10 times now and i still can't play what i paid for. Does resetting ps works or not? I don't want to waste alot of time to do something that doesn't work.

N3AL;n8619010 said:
Same problem here, is there any fix for this. i reinstalled the game like 10 times now and i still can't play what i paid for. Does resetting ps works or not? I don't want to waste alot of time to do something that doesn't work.

Some solutions to expansion problems:
  • Try rebuilding the database.
  • Try reinstalling the game with following steps: First install the main game and all free DLCs that you used. Then open the game and close the game. Install the first expansion, open the game and close the game. Then install the second expansion (if you have one) and hopefully it works now.
  • If you have (unplayed) GOTY edition, but your expansions are greyed out on the main menu, try completing the first game tutorials and expansions should work after that.

Last edited:
Hi there... I played through The Witcher 3 ages ago on PC and I wanted to play it again on PS4 because of the 4K patch. I have the very same problem as described above. Tried those two things above. (I have a normal edition.) I love The Witcher 3 and all, it's my fav' game, but this is a joke that even after all those years a problem like that couldn't be solved. I mean it's freaking 2019 already. So what should I do?

Last edited:
Top Bottom