Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
Not gonna lie I was NOT a fan of Panam on a first play though (ok, ok hold off your torches :D ). A change of heart is an awesome thing, hear me out. I found her to be really annoying. And the fact that it was almost impossible to ignore her and that demanding tone! almost went through game trying to ignore all her missions (but ofc ended up doing them anyway). At the same time it was fun to get into all sorts of trouble with (because of) her.
And so sheerly because of her attitude completely missed out on how utterly endearing Panam's relentlessness and determination is. Her, trying to live up to other people's standards and not seeing that she's much more capable already. Being independent and not afraid of taking fate into her hands, and actually get things done, but in the end still needing a sense of belonging and being a leader that she is.
photomode_10072021_121651.png

phew, had to! Here's a nice pic of Panam, if you still consider burning me at the stake. :D

Not gonna lie I was NOT a fan of Panam on a first play though (ok, ok hold off your torches :D ). A change of heart is an awesome thing, hear me out. I found her to be really annoying. And the fact that it was almost impossible to ignore her and that demanding tone! almost went through game trying to ignore all her missions (but ofc ended up doing them anyway). At the same time it was fun to get into all sorts of trouble with (because of) her.
And so sheerly because of her attitude completely missed out on how utterly endearing Panam's relentlessness and determination is. Her, trying to live up to other people's standards and not seeing that she's much more capable already. Being independent and not afraid of taking fate into her hands, and actually get things done, but in the end still needing a sense of belonging and being a leader that she is.
View attachment 11235109
phew, had to! Here's a nice pic of Panam, if you still consider burning me at the stake. :D

There's a difference between "not being a fan of" because of the reason and "hating her" without the reason. I'm not gonna burn you... for now ;)

She's how she is - as you said mentioned - because she had to survive on her own in a new environment which was the Night City - so she had to be independent and not afraid of taking fate into her hands.

Also, she always wanted the best for the clan. Saul saw only one option - making a deal with corpos (Biotechnica) - in return for the food tech basically, Aldecaldos could turn into hired guns. The second option that Saul might see was joining the SnakeNation.
Both of them result in losing the independence of the clan. And the Aldecaldo family is the oldest true nomad family in Cyberpunk lore, always know for its independence. There's also the dialog in Riders of the Storm (Nomad lifepath specific) where V mentions that independence was always the key for Aldeclados.
So in conflicts with Saul, Panam was always at the heart of the Aldecaldo principles - and she was defending it with her words, actions, and heart. It's another point where you see her relentlessness and determination.

Was thinking to write something similar about Judy, but on the contrary AFTER playing through a couple of endings, but then probably would need to pack my bags and delta asap through the back door of this forum :LOL:
One must always think, is how you act that matters, even if the action is an inaction, as long you don't force your ideas upon others, think you must.

I think i said it on the discord, i liked all the characters, they are very humane in a world were humanity is dim and scripted.

@stndn , as one should ;)

Hey chooms, this may have been brought up before but it's been awhile so I thought I would mention it. Who here would like to see Panam with her dreads down just for a moment in the expansions? Just to see how she would look, and for V (us) to have a chance to comment on it. Like maybe Panam is just getting ready for the day and she hasn't gotten her hair up yet the way she likes ( that we all like too, let's be honest). I think it would be a unique moment and another bonding moment for Panam and V.
4a0csm6rcq561.jpg

Hey chooms, this may have been brought up before but it's been awhile so I thought I would mention it. Who here would like to see Panam with her dreads down just for a moment in the expansions? Just to see how she would look, and for V (us) to have a chance to comment on it. Like maybe Panam is just getting ready for the day and she hasn't gotten her hair up yet the way she likes ( that we all like too, let's be honest). I think it would be a unique moment and another bonding moment for Panam and V.
View attachment 11236624
I'm 100% with this idea. To add up Vincent could even help Panam with or just look at her when she's getting her hair ready- that would make that moment even more unique.

Top Bottom