Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
Thanks chooms! Yeah that post is basically everything ive ever considered about arizona dlc possibility from the beginning.

Even if there's choices you can make, CDPR still has their overall goal for the game and where they want the story to go. Everything points to arizona/panam ;)
You are welcome sis. See you all in Arizona!

And congrats on the 4000th post Zing!
1614970917935.png

Ohh yesss I'm not alone! I think the end we ran away to Arizona with Panam is the closest to being happy. The one DLC may come on top of that and it may end with a definite happy or sad ending (I mean, with our decisions). Alt is saying to V "V has last six months, for dying". I think a DLC should definitely come about this.

Ohh yesss I'm not alone! I think the end we ran away to Arizona with Panam is the closest to being happy. The one DLC may come on top of that and it may end with a definite happy or sad ending (I mean, with our decisions). Alt is saying to V "V has last six months, for dying". I think a DLC should definitely come about this.
Welcome to the family @Lerenax! :howdy: :
You can spend that waiting time here with us

And as always - chooms raise your brosephs!
photomode_13012021_082445.png

Thanks chooms! Yeah that post is basically everything ive ever considered about arizona dlc possibility from the beginning.

Even if there's choices you can make, CDPR still has their overall goal for the game and where they want the story to go. Everything points to arizona/panam ;)
Bravo zing post 4000 is yours :)

Panam welcomes a new family member
photomode_28022021_094523.jpg

Bravo zing post 4000 is yours :)

Panam welcomes a new family member
View attachment 11190430

oh wow I didn't even notice :D YAY!!
end of the first week is almost here. 1.5-3 weeks to go till 1.2, hang in there everyone! gonna take my contest entry photo after work today :ok:
Let's celebrate that milestone for this thread - campfire in the camp is ready and also Panam is waiting for everyone :howdy:

photomode_04032021_220612.png

photomode_06032021_004954.png

so here is my picture I chose for the photo contest, only mod used was camera plugin to change time of day.

I chose this moment to depict the intensity of their relationship because this is one of the few moments panam showed V her vulnerability. Whether you were just a friend or had just become her lover, she passionately asks you to join her family. The strength of that emotion is written all over her face as she waits for your reply. She looks a little anxious as she offers this rare gift to you. Cuz we know, it's easier to gain a cobra's trust than an Aldecaldo's. :)

It just really stood out to me so here it is :D

Last edited:
Hi guys and girls, how's your day going?
I am just before the last mission from Panam (not counting the ending) and I am very sad about it :sad::giveup:
While waiting for a call from Pam, I am doing all the side missions. I'm going through the city...
photomode_06032021_155904.jpg

and guess what song started on the radio...
I wanted one thing right now... that in the seat next to me...
photomode_06032021_160110.jpg

My beloved Panam was seated :sad::cry:
I feel like this now...
photomode_24022021_123300.jpg

photomode_24022021_123353.jpg

Sorry for such a sad post, I had to talk myself out somewhere

Hi guys and girls, how's your day going?
I am just before the last mission from Panam (not counting the ending) and I am very sad about it :sad::giveup:
While waiting for a call from Pam, I am doing all the side missions. I'm going through the city...
View attachment 11190970
and guess what song started on the radio...
I wanted one thing right now... that in the seat next to me...
View attachment 11190973
My beloved Panam was seated :sad::cry:
I feel like this now...
View attachment 11190976
View attachment 11190979
Sorry for such a sad post, I had to talk myself out somewhere
So I was not the only one who gets this song today while driving around the city...

I realized edited photos aren't allowed for this competition. Here's the raw image straight from Cyberpunk 2077 using an in-game filter.

20210106195939_2.jpg

It's a miracle I've been able to resist re-playing Cyberpunk 2077 after seeing the great images you folks have posted. I hope there'll be another competition in the future. Next playthrough I'll absolutely go all out with Photomode as the images I've posted are just crappy Steam screenshots from my January playthrough.

Wow, 200 Pages, 150K+ Views... great. Love this Thread, always a pleasure reading your storys, ideas and background infos about the aldecaldos, badlands and of course : panam ^^ . Keep it up and thx for the excellent entertainment here in this thread ! Have a nice Weekend !

Thank you my Choom, we will continue to have fun near the campfire. Do not hesitate to celebrate with us. :beer:

phew! okay I woke up earlier than usual today so here is my essay expanding on these points! Buckle in, I'll take you for a nice, looooong... read ;)

firstly, about these two points in combination.
1)Which is the only character we didn't learn any personal backstory facts about? Panam.
4)Only character who gets an ending? Panam

Compared to the other 3 love interests, Panam as a person is shrouded in mystery. The only kind of 'fleshing out' of her character we get is through past experiences with other characters, like Mitch's cowboy story, or her talking about Scorpion's plans while riding to the gas station. She doesn't share any details about her past, her parents, how she came to be with the aldecaldos. On the other hand, we learn a TON about Kerry's history with samurai and johnny, Judy's childhood and grandparents, and River's parents and his sister. Why would they hide all of Panam's personal details?

We should consider cdpr's goals for quest progression from both a romantic and non romantic point of view.
Even though this is technically an open world, multiple ending choice based game, it's clear that cdpr has weighted each ending differently. The mood of each ending, the tarot cards, and especially the dialogue during these endings as well prods the player along down certain paths.

Regarding Panam, I think they omitted a lot of her personal details because she's part of one of the major endings and most likely content moving forward. They wanted the main focus to be on the sense of belonging and community of the aldecaldos without your romance with Panam taking center stage. Sure, you can be with her, but just in case you didn't want to, there was also effort made to ensure that there was some part of you that cared about the aldecaldos just because of who they are, and not because you're blindly following Panam. Her sidequest progression consistently focuses on the clan, not just because thats how she is, but because cdpr wanted to give us the chance to care about the clan's wellbeing on our own as well. Panam is an extremely honourable person, and always talks about helping you in return or being indebted to you:

-"you helped me with nash, you helped me with mitch. By my mind I owe you a favour"
-after night on the farm and (maybe)kiss "and remember, I'm indebted."

After all is said and done, there's multiple instances of her showing that she is a good person, and through the side quests you do with her you see that the aldecaldos are good people too. Saul thanks you multiple times for freeing him, Mitch asks you to partake in scorpion's funeral because he's grateful to you, and at the end of queen of the highway all 3 of these characters mitch/saul/panam emphasize multiple times that they will have your back if you need it. Especially as you're walking towards the bar with Panam, where she says "so you can count on the Aldecaldos, always" V says "I'll keep that in mind." So CDPR is dropping massive hints here that maybe they can help you out in the future.

For anyone who has bothered to see her quest line through to the end, by this point there is some degree of personal player investment in the clan. Again as you talk at the bar after the panzer mission, Panam will fervently ask you "stay in camp. Join us." because at this stage they already see you as part of the family, especially her. The fact that CDPR made it so we can only turn her down with the choices given in this conversation is another design tactic. When power is taken out of our hands, when we're unable to say what we really want to say, that only makes the feeling of what we want, stronger. This action, coupled with further instance of Panam saying she and the entire clan will help, that saul wasn't kidding (right before you can possibly kiss her) can be the final nudge to get players to pick her ending. And the entire very wholesome family jacket presentation scene serves as our reward for making this choice.

So they made Panam's character more of a window into the world of the clan, to show that nomads who have a terrible rep as shitty road pirates actually don't deserve what's said about them. She guides us through getting to know the clan better, with a fantastic personality that makes her an interesting character, but not too much personal detail that she will distract us from seeing what cdpr wants us to see.

Going back to the beginning of this point, we learn about the past of every other character in this game. Why is that? Because their pasts are the basis for the resolution of their character arcs, which begin and END within the main story, before meeting Hanako. After sharing his memories of playing in the band with johnny and letting johnny's words get to him, Kerry finds his own path to walk in his career. After losing his own parents as a child and going through possibly losing his nephew, River learns to make time for his family. After losing evelyn, and having her plans fail, and reminiscing with you about her grandparents during the dive at the lake, Judy realizes her place isn't in this city. But what about Panam? We haven't had this equation of [personal past issues -> relevant solution] happen yet. It's all been about the clan. When CDPR confirmed that leaving with the nomads would be an optional ending, that inevitably extends the relevance of the nomads past the end of the game. By association, this also extends panam's relevance past the end of the game. In true cliffhanger style, they would want to keep us hooked to her character, and the textbook way to do that is to reveal next to nothing about her in the base game. Aldecaldos expansion incoming :)

On the topic of extending relevance, this leads me to the other 2 points.

2)which is the only character who had multiple instances where we thought she might have died (ricochet wound, mikoshi drill)? Panam
3)Only romance scene interruption? Panam

In one of the earlier points, I mentioned that when we as players are made to feel powerless, it only strengthens our feelings of what we wanted to do but were prevented from doing. This tactic is used multiple times during Panam's quest line, with their effect lasting only a few seconds at a time, but at very impactful moments. The first instance is when she gets shot.

After getting nash, there is a lot of possible dialogue with Panam to build rapport, and get to know her a little better. This serves as a bonding period before the events that follow. This is still an early point in the quest line. Let's go with the worst case scenario, that the player doesn't really care about Panam at all, or finds her annoying. Keep in mind that during the time she gets shot,
control is taken away from us. We are jacked into her turret, but it's jammed and we can't do anything but watch while she tries to fix it, can't do anything but watch the exact moment she gets injured and we see blood spatter across the roof of the truck.

For someone who doesn't really care about Panam, or just sees her as a means to an end, at the very least, there is concern for her wellbeing only in regards to how it would affect the mission. For people like us who care about her, this can be quite shocking,
especially when we are locked out of actively helping her. I personally remember my jaw dropping when she got shot. I thought, "oh my god, I asked her to help me get hellman and she got shot trying to help me. Is she going to die from this?" This instance gives us a taste of thinking about what it would be like to lose panam. This fear of loss is an artificial way to significantly increase how much we care about her safety.

It happens again during the final mission, while inside the drill trying to get to mikoshi. You as the player are locked into position while Panam is on the other side of the room, tweaking the controls.
Again, we can only watch as the room begins to shake, and panam starts to lose her balance over and over. It is impossible to go over and help her. Note that also during this time, after everything crashes, and we are calling out to her, we still cannot go over to check on her. The silence as she doesn't respond to you drags on, creating this sense of expecting the worst.

So that's two times Panam has been put in mortal peril and gotten out of it. Why? to invest in her character further. To make us care about her and heighten our fear of losing her again. You know who else has been put in mortal peril twice? Mitch.

Mitch was held at gunpoint by the kang tao soldier. He wanted you at scorpion's funeral because he wanted you to know how grateful he was that you helped save his life. We didn't know much about mitch at this point, but this scorpion funeral quest showed us players how mitch will keep his word to a friend, no matter what is asked of him or what anyone thinks (remember that during this quest, V can comment multiple times on how weird this is, and why they're doing this. Mitch will be very determined and not let any of what V says prevent him from fulfilling his best friend's final wish.) Second, Mitch chooses to ride the panzer solo to go help carol and Cassidy, even at the risk of frying his brain. Panam's commentary on this choice makes it sound like a death sentence, and during all of our first playthroughs of this scene, how many of us thought this would be the last time we saw him?

But both Panam and Mitch survived in the end. As we know, Teddy and Bob died during the final mission. They were two NPCs who were more background than the rest. Cassidy was given his own mini shooting challenge, and Carol helped you with dakota and talking to alt. Bob got a very small kidney transplant side gig mission, and teddy got next to nothing. Compared to these NPCs dying, what if Mitch had died? he became the next most important aldecaldo to the players after panam. It would have been a lot more poetically tragic if he died. But he didn't. (thank god she didnt, but) what if PANAM had died? it would have been fitting in the cyberpunk genre, that you can't have everything you want... V got his freedom, but lost a best friend/lover. But they both had 100 lbs of plot armour each. Why? Aldecaldo expansion, that's why :) But also because CDPR wanted us to keep in mind everything the clan was going through for us. So that when we got to that
final choice of entering cyberspace or going back to our bodies, everything we've been through with the aldecaldos, plus almost losing panam not once but TWICE during her trying to help you, would sit at the back of our minds.

I think the final point I will make is one I've made before, but for the sake of not leaving anything out, this is about the
voicemail messages.

If you were just a friend to panam and chose the star ending, you won't get an ending voicemail from her at all, after everything you guys have been through. If you romanced her, you will get a voicemail of her shrouded in darkness, while she talks about the difficulties of being chief, but also how much being with you means to her. Why?

You don't get anything from Panam as a friend because the only relevant thing you'd be able to talk about is where you are now, in Arizona, which would be a spoiler. As a lover, the situation is thus: you guys are currently separated from each other by a sandstorm, which prevents progress in your arizona trip and therefore gives them an excuse not to talk about your current locations. They use this point to build on not just the physical separation, but the emotional one as Panam is facing more responsibilities that take up her time. In this best outcome scenario (star ending, panam romanced) why would she send us a bittersweet message like this? It's to set up an obstacle that she and V will have to work around together in the future. I suspect that over the course of any expansion we get, Panam and V will have to rekindle or strengthen the bond between them as part of the obstacles we face. This also opens up the opportunity to romance any newly introduced characters if there are any by choosing not to rekindle the relationship with panam at all.

In addition, making the rest of the video be about Panam sharing her feelings about V to him will shield her from having to talk about Arizona. Not long after, she gets cut off by Mitch and has to go. Very vague, but what else would capture our interest more than lack of details? :)

if you made it to the end, wow thanks for reading the whole thing!!

See you in Arizona chooms

View attachment 11190313

What an excellent message! I didn't answer immediately because I wanted to take the time to sit down and read it properly.

I generally share your analysis, it's very relevant! I really like the way you detail the process of attachment to Aldecaldos and Panam.

On the last point, concerning the extension to the last post and the projections for future extensions, I still have to think about it but I'll give you an answer on the Thread a little later.

Thanks, it's a great analysis!

Little thought to V who has 550 Maxdoc in his inventory but lets Panam inject himself with an outdated one. (n)

Always listen to your heart. I always find good advice in this thread
Happy_Panam.png

Thank my Choomba. A real family. :beer:

Like a soul in pain. As I understand you my Choom, the subscription to the Trauma must be increased.

Welcome ! Don't hesitate to come and celebrate the upcoming release of the Arizona extension (I write extension because the content is supposed to be more important than a DLC :D).

It's a miracle I've been able to resist re-playing Cyberpunk 2077 after seeing the great images you folks have posted. I hope there'll be another competition in the future. Next playthrough I'll absolutely go all out with Photomode as the images I've posted are just crappy Steam screenshots from my January playthrough.

Yes a miracle. Beware these are potential signs of Cyberpsychosis. :p
The images I've seen scrolling on the Thread are all beautiful.

There will be other competitions and animations. We are starting to discuss this with MrBill. We also started to create a discord "Panam Gang". This may be useful in the future.

=====================================

Of course, the Panam Debt must be paid even on Sunday:
photomode_07032021_105030.png

Top Bottom