Parkour

+
Whats your opinion on parkour in night city ? Do you think there will be some? I hope not, I personnaly think it doesnt make much sense. Why would someone do that. Nobody does that. Anyway, i was just wondering what you guys think about it. The blade climbing in the demo isnt parkour in my opinion. I just hate the idea of parkour in this Game. It just doesnt make sensé why someone would do that

sorry if my post doesnt make much sensé and thanks in advance !

Are we talking flashy jumps and flips with running or actively navigating an environment with obstacles from point A to point B in an efficient manner? I ask because the first concept is like sport fighting and calling it martial arts. I'm not sure how one could be confused about the purpose of the second concept.

I seriously doubt parkour will be nearly as prevalent or detailed as some around here desire/think in CP2077.

AFAIK they confirmed wall-running and high mobility abilities. You can also scale walls with the Mantis Blades, but other than that no ones really sure.

I just hope that V´s movements are fluid , it's really frustrating when your character doesn't keep up with you.

Guest 4310777

I doubt actual parkour will be in the game. I'm sure many of the augmentations will give you super human physical abilities; increased running speed and jumping distance, wall running, lifting and throwing heavy objects, punching through walls, etc.. it's going to be awesome

The motion sickness and anti-FPP crowd would hate that.

FPP movement, like in Mirrors Edge, can be disorienting but it really is amazing once you get used to it! I hope that Cyberpunk 2077 can pull off something like in Mirrors Edge.

There will be players who will definitely do it. It can be forced on the Witcher 3 so I highly doubt no one is interested in doing it especially in an urban environment. I'm not talking about flips and tricks. You don't need Watch Dogs or Dying Light level of flashiness in order to parkour/free run. Whether or not parkour is "doable" in a sandbox will depend on the environment/obstacle design.

Wall running, vaulting and slides were said to be confirmed.. double jumps were mentioned in some articles(which makes no sense). All you need now is a playground for momentum. If done deliberately, you should be able to do it in some parts of the map *cough*Novigrad/Beauclair rooftops*cough*. But unless some creative quest designer has decided to make use of these systems for quests(e.g. back alley chase sequence), these systems are most likely just tools so whether or not you're going to play with those systems in the sandbox should depend on your preferences. People with motion sickness(or you just want to take a stroll and absorb the details)should be able to do it at their own pace while Dishonored ninjas should be able to.. well.. turn V into a ninja.

Last edited:
The motion sickness and anti-FPP crowd would hate that.

FPP movement, like in Mirrors Edge, can be disorienting but it really is amazing once you get used to it! I hope that Cyberpunk 2077 can pull off something like in Mirrors Edge.
I think a good crisp free running/parkour system like in Mirrors Edge would be AMAZING with augments increasing speed, jumping distance/height, etc. On the other hand, if they want to add in the free running with just having a "parkour" button ala watch dogs 2 I'd rather not have it at all, that is one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had in gaming.

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
You don't need watch dogs or dying light level of flashiness in order to parkour. Whether or not parkour is "doable" in a sandbox will depend on the environment/obstacle design.

Wall running and slides were said to be confirmed.. double jumps too(which makes no sense). Vaulting is inevitable. All you need now is a playground for momentum. If done deliberately, you should be able to do it in some parts of the map *cough*Novigrad/Beauclair rooftops*cough*. But unless some creative quest designer has decided to make use of these systems for quests(e.g. back alley chase sequence), these systems are most likely just tools so whether or not you're going to play with them them in the sandbox should depend on your preferences. People with motion sickness(or you just want to take a stroll and absorb the details)should be able to do it at their own pace while Dishonored ninjas should be able to.. well.. turn V into a ninja.
Wait, how does double jump make no sense ?

I doubt actual parkour will be in the game. I'm sure many of the augmentations will give you super human physical abilities; increased running speed and jumping distance, wall running, lifting and throwing heavy objects, punching through walls, etc.. it's going to be awesome
I mean from the cyberpunk 2020 info you wont become a Superman . ''The popular myth about cyberlimbs is that they enable their owners to perform all kinds of superheroic feats. To a point, it's true; cyberlimbs can be designed with boosted strength and speed, using synthetic muscle fibers and silicon chips. What you won't find are people running at 200 miles an hour, bending steel bars with their hands or throwing Volkswagens around. Why can't you go around lifting cars and punching down walls like the cyborgs in the comics? Simple physiology. The replacement limb must be able to work in concert with the remaining "meat" parts of the body.''

Wait, how does double jump make no sense ?
Okay, sure maybe there's a crazy augment for that. But given the realism they're going for in this game.. how is it going to make sense at the start?

Last edited:
bending steel bars with their hands or throwing Volkswagens around. Why can't you go around lifting cars and punching down walls like the cyborgs in the comics? Simple physiology. The replacement limb must be able to work in concert with the remaining "meat" parts of the body.''

Wasn't it reported in the demo that V's companion, Jakie, lifted a car and turned it into a shield? Well that certainly sounded like sumthin'..

Wasn't it reported in the demo that V's companion, Jakie, lifted a car and turned it into a shield? Well that certainly sounded like sumthin'..
i mean, it makes sense if you lift the car from the front. Not all of the car

Last edited:
Top Bottom