Patch 1.1, when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't learn English yesterday, also that statement was written beforehand. He said second patch will be bigger than the first. It's probably because of Holidays' break developers took, and they will have more time before pushing 1.2 in February.
no matter how long you use english, you still think in your native language... and polish language is quite different to english... believe me, im Slovak, i use english daily in my work (now for 15 years) and while i consider myself to be advanced speaker, sometimes i might say something that i originally thought will have a different meaning.... there are plenty of things i noticed in their inverviews which are meant with different nuance but journalists then jump to conclusions on it...

Saying the 2nd one will be bigger doesn't mean this one will be small. Who knows what they are going or not going to pack into it along with the console updates.

Then you've got to wait another 6 months at the least. The next-gen patch is planned for the 2nd half of 2021.

I think I read somewhere that the next gen patch would be in July
Post automatically merged:

lol, really? because i did not hear anything like that.. plus, people need to realize that this is Polish company with Polish execs and devs... Iwinski, Badowski etc.. they are all not native English speakers... when they talk english, they might sometimes say something they did not really meant as such...

“The first update will be dropping within 10 days,” Iwiński said. The video was released on Jan. 13 at around 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT / 10 p.m. CET. It could mean that the update, labeled Patch 1.1, is going live on “Cyberpunk 2077” sometime next week. Patch 1.2, described as “more significant,” is slated to go live “in the following weeks,”

Last edited:
Fairly certain monorail was cut and isn't coming at any point. Character customisation and UI are unlikely to be improved in 1.1 or 1.2 imo. These patches are mainly going to be optimisation for the console versions, and bug fixes for all versions.
The monorail was never actually in the game, people just assumed it would be since we saw it in the trailer. Atleast that's the official story.

no matter how long you use english, you still think in your native language... and polish language is quite different to english... believe me, im Slovak, i use english daily in my work (now for 15 years) and while i consider myself to be advanced speaker, sometimes i might say something that i originally thought will have a different meaning.... there are plenty of things i noticed in their inverviews which are meant with different nuance but journalists then jump to conclusions on it...
Say that for yourself.
I'm not a native english speaker, don't even live in an english-speaking country, yet I've been using it for many years at a point that sometimes I don't remember many words in portuguese (my native language), but I remember them in english (vice versa also happens). I also sometimes catch myself thinking in english instead of portuguese. So, to each their own.

“The first update will be dropping within 10 days,” Iwiński said. The video was released on Jan. 13 at around 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT / 10 p.m. CET. It could mean that the update, labeled Patch 1.1, is going live on “Cyberpunk 2077” sometime next week.
Sometime next week means it will be more than 10 days. I can bet that there will be a hurricane on social media if patch 1.1 will not go live by the end of Saturday.

So from other manufacturers (like ED - DCS, Blizzard etc.) I am used to announcing patches to the day, Weeks in advance. If CDPR now starts using the deley, deley and ultimately disappointment game even with patches ... I don't know. CDPR is not a two-man operation. What a messy amateur company.

We shouldn't be hasty
But wait and see ... they still have 2 DAYS

So from other manufacturers (like ED - DCS, Blizzard etc.) I am used to announcing patches to the day, Weeks in advance. If CDPR now starts using the deley, deley and ultimately disappointment game even with patches ... I don't know. CDPR is not a two-man operation. What a messy amateur company.

We shouldn't be hasty
But wait and see ... they still have 2 DAYS
To be honest I was expecting patch notes to be released today... but now i'am not so sure.

Saying the 2nd one will be bigger doesn't mean this one will be small. Who knows what they are going or not going to pack into it along with the console updates.

What he means is that this patch will fix quests progression (that nobody is playing) , stability (it will still be the same) and some bugs (t-posing will be 1/3 less if lucky)

Probably some text shard that had typos will be fixed.

Don't count with an AI or NCPD upgrade, the horrible shadows of V (first thing I noticed when I played the game) or even game mechanics. On PS5 you will still have 2 cars on the road, if lucky.

I've got absolutely zero expectations from CDPR atm. It will change nothing.

Don't even go that way :ROFLMAO:

I know it's not good news, but it's the "safe" way to do it. It's one of the unwritten rules of software, don't deploy on Friday. Remember... it can always get worse!

MSFS 2020 released a patch at the end of a Friday and it horribly broke the sim until they all arrived back at work on Monday.

Look.. its not my place to tell you what to do or should do BUT if you are that anxious about a patch i think its better to put the game away and just come back in one year. The thing is, with every patch you gonna get anxious because you want this game to be fixed from your point of view and i get that. I really do but i dont expect much so i just deleted my game and gonna wait for probably 6 months. I love the passion but please dont burnout. Cheers.
Yeah, I agree with this. I've stopped playing all together until the game's actually complete.

I know it's not good news, but it's the "safe" way to do it. It's one of the unwritten rules of software, don't deploy on Friday. Remember... it can always get worse!

MSFS 2020 released a patch at the end of a Friday and it horribly broke the sim until they all arrived back at work on Monday.
They will be destroyed in social media if they will not keep this 10 day deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom