Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how console limitations are the excuse for this game's shortcomings. I seem to recall GTA 4 & 5 having perfectly fine traffic system, police chases were an actual feature and not script based cutscenes akin to Virtua Cop, not to mention their physics and level of detail were leagues ahead - and it was all done within confinements of PS3 and X360. Hell, I'm pretty sure I saw better AI when I played the very first Half-Life on my Pentium II back in 1999.
Crowds and vehicles changing models or disappearing altogether when looking away is something I never thought I'd see again in an open world game - it bothered me even in 2003's Vice City.

Sure, graphics may be affected by hardware's capabilities, but CP2077 is not that groundbreaking visually to begin with. There are many last gen games that are arguably prettier and they work reasonably well on consoles.
I guess the story is alright, but I doubt it requires latest PC to be fleshed out.

The best examples of this about AI opponents just look at Last of us on PS3 (which is very limited hardware compared to a PS4 Pro or PS5 or xbox X so don't blame consoles. Also look at Farcry for opponent AI or hell even Uncharted: Drake series even in first AI is better. They are not open world BUT there is a lot of fighting going on in CP also that is not open world but confined in a closed map and the AI is still worse. Almost all open world games most fighting is done in a smaller map area it is just that you do not load into the map but run there but it is still almost same as game like uncharted or farcry.

I will be impressed if they manage to fix traffic, performance, missions bugging out at phone calls/level us/looting windows scrolling/street cred updates and so on.

About the loot scrolling please look at the Mass Effect games how they show updates if you upgrade a lot of things at once, so you have some kind of visual showing how many more there are and if you get a quest item/update or something that is put first in queue and not last so that will update before showing the rest of changes.

I hate the loot scrolling not knowing if it will take 10 seconds or 5 minutes or if there is 30 left or 5 left. Very annoying.

So is there any news on how this is progressing? Are they able to actually work on the patch or still shut out? Still aiming for March? Does the rest of the road map still hold or is that shifting?

The communication they have with the community is in need of major improvement. Where's the weekly update? Bad news, good news, no news...when it's just radio silence they allow things to spiral further out of hand.

/
So is there any news on how this is progressing? Are they able to actually work on the patch or still shut out? Still aiming for March? Does the rest of the road map still hold or is that shifting?

The communication they have with the community is in need of major improvement. Where's the weekly update? Bad news, good news, no news...when it's just radio silence they allow things to spiral further out of hand.
I am hoping that when they send 1.2 off to be certified by the console companies and platforms that they will update us and not wait until release day.

It's just...be transparent and proactive. It's honestly not a tough ask.:shrug:
I am willing to wait until they finish the patch. I don't need a play-by-play on how things are going while they are working on it. When they release the patch to the consoles for certification, then they know what they are patching and I hope they tell us. We'll see how "transparent" they are. In my experience, it is a monumental ask. :)

Hopefully there will be a fix for the constant crashing every 1 minute. Don't rush...please. Take your time.

The communication they have with the community is in need of major improvement. Where's the weekly update? Bad news, good news, no news...when it's just radio silence
Absolutely right, they need to communicate more with the players about their plans for Cyberpunk 2077.Now people are beginning to speculate and suspect bad things, and because of this, problems happen. "Solve problems before they happen "(q)
Post automatically merged:

Actually, if February is anything to go by they'll tell us if they can't deliver again... On March 31st
any informational interaction with the players brings understanding, if the developers need time - no problem, take as much as you need, but when people see the information, it means they understand that they are working on the game and expanding, improving it.Even if it is March or April, no problem, take your time, as long as this expectation is justified.These guys have our full support - the developers, not the bosses

Last edited:
This topic seems to be going off the deep end.
Its only march 5 now, 1 week after we could have received the patch, which we were told was delayed due to recent issues to second half of march. And now flares rise setting fire to 'do we even ever get it' sentiment.
Just have some patience, good sirs and madams ;)

How can THIS spiral further out of hand o_O? I bet they (CDPR) wait now for Gamers to forget about the desaster. It would cost them so much money to repair the Game to the level were Gamers trust them again, that this would be a minus deal for the company... Just forget this Game and move on. I am just here to check if any of that prommisses made in the "Our commitment to Quality" video comes true. And to be honnest it doesn't look very good.

Well, personally, I've moved on... or rather back... to ESO (and soon ME Legendary). I'm keeping an eye on the Twitter account for updates, but even when it arrives, good luck getting my attention back again. I certainly won't spend more money on it's DLC, even if they do fix it.

This topic seems to be going off the deep end.
Its only march 5 now, 1 week after we could have received the patch, which we were told was delayed due to recent issues to second half of march. And now flares rise setting fire to 'do we even ever get it' sentiment.
Just have some patience, good sirs and madams ;)

It's unfortunate but the complete lack of communication contributes greatly to that.

As of a few days ago, progress on the patch was halted for good reason. As far as we know, this could still very be the case. I have no doubt they want to get on the patch as soon as possible but without any communication, of course people are going to speculate.

A simple - we can get back to work! (or something along those lines) would go a long way to alleviate the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom