Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're creepy!
Whoa, that is creepy and weird.

Not to change the subject, but does anybody know what CDPR has on tap for after patch 1.2 comes out? I know next gen console versions will be updated, but what about after that? I hope they do not go down some multiplayer/PvP route, but instead integrate what should have been in release that was discovered to have been removed.

Maybe we will know something more by the end of a month when they will present updated strategy for CDP capital group.

But again, no one knows what was removed and why so its pointless to ask to bring it back. I`m sure 1.2 will not fix everything so we can expect further updates in this year. When we will have DLC and how many its unknown and I`m sure even they dont know it for sure so dont expect any strict dates.

Whoa, that is creepy and weird.

Not to change the subject, but does anybody know what CDPR has on tap for after patch 1.2 comes out? I know next gen console versions will be updated, but what about after that? I hope they do not go down some multiplayer/PvP route, but instead integrate what should have been in release that was discovered to have been removed.

All we know is there are free DLCs and a free next-gen upgrade coming for consoles. That's literally all that is known since that's all CDPR has shared. Any information you find anywhere else is guesswork.

1615651700617.png

Of course, we can safely assume there will be hotfixes and patch(es) in between patch 1.2 and 2022 too.

personally; I deserve it.

Yeah, no. There is one helluva game there that I got 400 hours out of and my bro is at 300 hours, just loving it. I think your comment though does speak to the mindset of many who cannot enjoy what they have but must complain about what they do not. Entitlement.
Post automatically merged:

All we know is there are free DLCs and a free next-gen upgrade coming for consoles. That's literally all that is known since that's all CDPR has shared. Any information you find anywhere else is guesswork.

View attachment 11194375

Of course, we can safely assume there will be hotfixes and patch(es) in between patch 1.2 and 2022 too.

See? Right there.... it says "Police chases!!!".

I don't get why people get so salty when I suggest some issue should be fixed in next patch.

Like... you don't want the game to be fixed or something?

I don't get why people get so salty when I suggest some issue should be fixed in next patch.

"Universally expected..."
"...foolish to delay that workaround any longer."

Hyperbole around one single item that many do not care about, creating overhype for one single item so you will then rail "they didn't fix the police chases like they said they would!!"

See how that works? You seem to keep missing it.

I went back a page and saw your skirmish with @Mountain2000. Which answered my earlier post to him. Moderators are probably about to put an end to this as it seems to be getting out of hand.

Far from me to get involved in that skirmish but I think you're going off from the wrong assumption with this post.

The majority acknowledges there are serious issues with the game and want to see them fixed. Problems arise when discussing what should take priority. I want a decent police AI in-game too, which would mean the police chases you when wanted and them not shooting you because you stepped too close to them amongst other things, but it's not a priority to me. There are things I consider much more important to be fixed and that's where it all becomes very subjective.

Furthermore, what anyone might consider as very easy to fix might not be so easy to fix at all.

Bottom line, we don't know what is in the patch. We might all be extremely surprised with the fixes.

Last edited:
I truly hope I'm wrong but given the recent history I'd replace "surprised" with "disappointed".

Depends on what you expect from the patch.

I'm only expecting general performance/stability improvements and bug fixes. That on top of what seems to be a relatively big patch, I don't think I will.

I'd like to see more but I don't expect more. I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment over things I have absolutely no control over and can't influence in any way :shrug:

Depends on what you expect from the patch.

Honestly I don't expect anything at all. Fix some bugs, add some more new bugs, usual stuff ))
I think they'll give more priority to last gen consoles stability/performance fixes.

What I mean is that there might be many people disappointed by the patch.

For me _personally_ the number one immersion-breaking problem is the general NPC AI and police AI (aka cops spawning behind your back). If they'd fix that - it would be very nice. I'd start my third playthrough (nomad) right away. But I don't think this will be fixed ever as they already said that they are "happy" with the AI ...

Whenever they gave a statement they were ambiguous so as not to commit.

That does not equal, in any way, to them saying they think they're "happy" with the AI.

To be candid, I asked that question but I'm pretty sure I know the answer to it. That's the apology video where Marcin says they're happy about the PC version. A statement which constantly gets extrapolated by a certain subset of the community as "they think there is nothing wrong with the game".

They have good reasons to be happy about it but being happy about a product does not mean you do not understand the faults in it and how they might need correction.

That does not equal, in any way, to them saying they think they're "happy" with the AI.

To be candid, I asked that question but I'm pretty sure I know the answer to it. That's the apology video where Marcin says they're happy about the PC version. A statement which constantly gets extrapolated by a certain subset of the community as "they think there is nothing wrong with the game".

They have good reasons to be happy about it but being happy about a product does not mean you do not understand the faults in it and how they might need correction.

I agree with you, that's the way it is

They do not give any statement about it, in a part of what they communicated that it is considered an error / something to improve.
Even so, I would not consider anything they said to be stored in long-term memory.
Luckily they did not delete all the Interviews/Q&A about the content of the game on their official channel.

Hyperbole around one single item that many do not care about,
You'd be surprised to see how many people do care about that feature missing.
The game got universally trashed because of it.

I still stand on what I said, if they don't do any fix for the police spawn mechanism and chases, it's going to ruin them in public eye.

Especially after advertising it's going to be numerous updates and fixes. If all we're going to end up getting is just some "well we fixed this issue with the crucifixion quest line where Bill tells you to slow down, even if you already have stopped the vehicle.", it's going to bring up so much ridicule and completely destroy all their credibility.

And it's already been shown many times how modders were able to add these police chases. They really didn't need more than adding the car and getting them to chase them (using very likely game's own police chase algorithm). If it really has taken them 3 months and they can't put those police on the road, even when they started working on NUMEROUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS, they severely have miscalculated their priorities.

It's going to be a meme at that point when CDPR promises "fixes", all we get is some squeaky tweaks that nobody even addressed.

There's going to be meme -pictures of a puzzle with missing pieces, and on the right, same exact picture with polished corners and the text will be "We've done it, we fixed the game."

It has to be huge, it's their own words that are on trial by now.

We need a working police, fixes on disappearing cars and citizens and many other noticeable issues that people have complained about.

Their entire company's public perception rests on the coming 2 weeks or whenever the patch will roll out.

I'm still amazed how it's taken them so long to fix it, like they have already everything to do it (police car models, chase logic, spawning cars in distance), but they just chose not to.

It's like their management is like beyond bad... or there must have been some serious problem that we weren't aware about.

Like even I could do a script out of scratch to make a dot to chase my mouse cursor over an HTML5 canvas.
(copy the code in text file and rename it to end with ".html", you're welcome.

Code:
<html>
<canvas id="canvas" width="1200" height="600" style="border:1px solid #d3d3d3;" />
<script>
var canvas=document.getElementById("canvas"),ctx=canvas.getContext("2d"),cl=canvas.getBoundingClientRect(),w=canvas.width,h=canvas.height,c={x:0,y:0,ax:0,ay:0},m={x:0,y:0},s=.01;canvas.addEventListener("mousemove",function(t){m.x=t.clientX-cl.left,m.y=t.clientY-cl.top}),setInterval(function(){let t=Math.sqrt(m.x**2+m.y**2);t>3&&(c.ax+=(m.x-c.x)*s/t,c.ay+=(m.y-c.y)*s/t),c.x+=c.ax,c.y+=c.ay,ctx.fillStyle="#FFF",ctx.fillRect(0,0,w,h),ctx.fillStyle="#000",ctx.beginPath(),ctx.arc(c.x,c.y,10,0,2*Math.PI,!0),ctx.fillStyle="#00FF00",ctx.fill(),ctx.lineWidth=2,ctx.strokeStyle="#000",ctx.stroke()},5);
</script>
</html>

Took me like 1 hour to type that script, 90% which isn't even the core logic of chasing.
How long can it take to create a fix for dropping cars in the distance?

Last edited:
Might be a little bit off-topic, but did they ever said "sandbox"? I mean, there is a difference between open-world and sandbox... GTA is sandbox type and then you put some story on it and some linear missions, while I think that the game philosophy here is story,mechanics (I know, some people not happy with them),RPG elements (I know some people argue,we have another thread). What I meant is that in one approach you build a gaming engine for "freedom"-limited, but...- in the other the open-world is designed just as hub for linking the pieces and unfortunately I think that people think about open-world=sandbox.
Is why I think that the patch will focus to improve old gen stuff (trying to convince Sony), stability issues,graphical glitches, broken scripts and maybe some general enemy AI improvements (sometimes they seem to work fine, sometimes they seem to be dumb) that ripples between platforms. Police chase system, might be bonus track (or not).

I mean no offense by this post.

I just googled this and found multiple sites giving the exact lines needed to pull this off. My knowledge of scripting is limited at best and I could achieve this by copy/pasting these lines and be done within 10 minutes.

Now, I'm going to assume you're posting this in good faith and actually wrote this from scratch.

I think you're seeing this as a much simpler problem than it actually is. This isn't a simple "getting X to chase Y" situation. It's fixing an AI that's mostly broken. It's pathfinding. It's interaction with other, complex, systems. It's probably a whole lot of other things I know nothing about and wouldn't claim to know about.

To me, it seems much more complicated than you seem to think. I might be wrong and maybe I'm just posting some drivel here but my understanding from friends (with actual technical proficiency in the domain) and my limited knowledge (gained through Oblivion modding) points to things being much more difficult to fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom