Patch 1.23

+
First of all, thanks for this amazing game.
With my PC setting the game run really smoothly since its launch.

Originaly, the only bugs I have noticed was a missing pair of tight on a npc, cars that drive on the sidewalk, hitting objects and drivers unable to overtake another car.

The games suffer from many problems cited by many people here like:
  • super omniscient police officer with teleportation super powers
  • npc walk on stair railing with their brain off, hence they don't run away if a gunfight styart while they are on the stair

But, in my case, since the patch 1.2, I have noticed some little problem that make the experience less attractive than in the original release of the game.
Now, even with the crowd slider set at maximum, the crowd is sparse.
The most sad think, is that for a city like nightcity:
  • the traffic is really really sparse
  • drivers going from left to right in their lane.
  • cars pops with their stop light just in front of you (since 1.23).
  • sometime cars on a lane is stop because of a cars stoped for no reason (maybe fixed since 1.23...)
  • drivers don't have learn how to overtake another cars even when their are parked on the sidewalk.
  • npc cars stop if you are too near their rear without touching it
  • sometime the advertising board's images stay in low resolution even if you are near
  • some advertising board have multiple publicities flickering

I mean I'm happy with the game because nothing for me it's game-breaking despite several annoying bugs (I want to loot everything! :sad:, I don't want to use mods to delete the ugly grey lines in V body).

I don't give up, I'm eager for new content and bug fixes. Keep the good work!

Im still stuck with the quest "Last Login" where i cant deposit the LAPTOP to the DROP POINT. This is the only quest that I need to complete to finally get the Platinum Trophy! I was waiting for the fix for months already and i cant sell my physical copy of the game because of it, I was hoping it would fix it this patch, please fix it soon!

Thanks!

I just noticed something really strange.
I had a character ready for the patch (in the garage, in the nomad path) and loading this save in 1.23, I had a lot of small "visual" problems. Like the exhaust of the Galena with really weird effects (normally it is entirely chrome, while there I had plenty of shadow/black effects...). The same for the car door.
I redid a character (just to have a brand new one), and there, all the problems were gone.

I hope loading a previous save on a 1.23 game doesn't always do that, that would be a shame :(

I noticed some weird shadows and missing reflections when i tested out 1.23. Dunno if its RTX releated or something else. Worked fine if i moved a bit more too the right. Example:

Attachments

• photomode_18062021_103528_resultat.jpg
    photomode_18062021_103528_resultat.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 110
Sorry, but the changelog of patch 1.23 feels really disappointing for me. :( I gave up my first and only playthrough after Patch 1.20/1.21 and 100+ hours or so since so many of the game's mechanics are broken. E. g. several perks simply don't work and I am not getting any quickhacks from access points, neiher rare, epic or legendary ones. So I am not talking about not existing stuff like police chases and train rides or any AI improvments, but things that are already in the game and simply do not work. :rolleyes:

I am playing on a "current gen" PC (GTX 3080, Ryzen 5900) and experienced lots of GFX downgrades from the initial release in December 2020. Unfortunately, from my perspective only very minor improvements have been introduced on PC with the patches 1.1x, 1.2x and also 1.23. Obviously, console performance and stability, especially "old" gen PS4/XB1, has been prioritized in development since launch for well known reasons. With CP2077 returning to the PSN next week, I desperately hope that fixing game mechanics and bringing back GFX quality to the PC will receive the needed attention from CDPR.

Honestly, I'm a fanboy of CDPR since Witcher 1, but CP2077 is a huge disappointment and even got worse on current gen PCs with the patches up to 1.23. If CDPR can't come up with substantial improvements on PC soon, they will have a very hard time to convince me to spend money on any future products they make. So good luck CDPR, fingers crossed. :shrug:

its the same old thing that been seen throughout the history of gaming Console gets the focus PC gets the scraps which is funny considering that without PC games would not really exist

Worst thing about the patch is that PS5 owners ( including myself ) are facing huge graphic , npc density downgrade just for the PS4 owners to be able to play. This is ridiculous. Objects are popping up even more now , and it's all blurry. Just release the PS5 version for god sake ! How difficult it is to release the patch which would make textures more sharp , better drawing distance and less texture popping on PS5 ??!!

at this point, I won't touch the game again until the next gen version comes out. But I feel we are at a crucial point right now. The game will be soon back on the PS4 store, which seemed to have been CDPR's number one priority for months. So what is next? Can we get some information about the next-gen upgrade plese? About the free DLC and expansions. About if some of the content-related problems (crafting, aborted quests, meningless perks, meaningless strret cred system, meaningless interactions, lack of real choices etc=) will ever be adressed? Isn't this the right time to finally come clean and tell us what to expect in the next months?

Worst thing about the patch is that PS5 owners ( including myself ) are facing huge graphic , npc density downgrade just for the PS4 owners to be able to play. This is ridiculous. Objects are popping up even more now , and it's all blurry. Just release the PS5 version for god sake ! How difficult it is to release the patch which would make textures more sharp , better drawing distance and less texture popping on PS5 ??!!
Seriously, do you realize that you are playing a PS4 version on your PS5 ?
(same for XBSX and XB1)
It is therefore normal that you undergo all the changes made for PS4 players, it's a version for them...

So now that I no longer have any interest in the game I can finally play it past "the hunt". Yes I could have finished it without the audio, but after the 3 previous missions being bugged it was the straw that broke the camel's back. You guys should have waited another 1.5 to 2 years like your developers informed you but you got greedy and end up like any other publisher.

You are just another publisher now.
Post automatically merged:

so I guess I will have to wait for another patch till I am able finally to get rid of all markers and icons in the environment.....or another? or another after the another after the another? ..........
Yeah, it's endless, even when your bug is fixed you will find another. with each update I get a little further before reaching another broken section. The regulars here can dislike this all they want, but this game NEEDED another 2 years in development.

And I got the "good" experience on a high end PC. So sorry for everyone else.

Last edited:
I get that. But how long are we going to wait until the PS5/XBX version will be released ?
I don't really remember, but if I'm right, it wasn't until the end of 2021 (or third quarter at least).
Me on XBSX, I'm already happy to play it and especially not to have any performance issue at all (the graphics are not great, but it does not crash, no lag, no FPS drop, ultra fast loading and save,...). In short, I'm clearly not the most to be pitied :)

I appreciate the efforts to patch this game, but so far very little seems to have changed, at least on PC. I have noticed very little different from the initial release through all the patches. The changes I have noticed are generally negative, with lower LOD and pop-ins that were not present in the release version.

I used to be able to see sharp billboards and ads out to the distance, but since 1.1x They have become a blurry mess, sometimes even when standing right under them. NPCs started materializing in front of me or if I turned around with patch 1.2, and that is still the case in 1.23. Maybe ads and/or NPCs priority got lowered in the game engine, but on my RTX 3080 there was no problem at all with LOD until the patches started. And the texture and light source pop in seems to get worse with each patch. I'm sure this is to make consoles playable, but really there needs to be a slider so the player can balance this.

AI has of course been the primary issue with this game, but these LOD and pop in problems are a close second IMO. As I said I do appreciate the efforts, and hopefully there are more impressive changes waiting in the wings. But for now I find the patches up through 1.23 to be a bit underwhelming and causing more issues than solved, visually on the PC at least.

Last edited:
Seriously, do you realize that you are playing a PS4 version on your PS5 ?
(same for XBSX and XB1)
It is therefore normal that you undergo all the changes made for PS4 players, it's a version for them...
Normal - yes. Satisfactory - hell no.

thats because the true next gen version isnt out. You play the ps4 version on your ps5. to play ps5 version with less downgrades you have to wait for next gen version.

Is there something new added to the game (to allow me think more seriously about play no. 5 in Night City) with patch 1.23? I had many hours (PC - 650+ hours) of fun with this game so far and look forward for time when I will play it again ... however it would be nice to have some new content (at least little) in the game. :)

I read there is functioning now cataresist, but have it any affect on play?

Last edited:
Top Bottom