Patch 1.23

+
Worst thing about the patch is that PS5 owners ( including myself ) are facing huge graphic , npc density downgrade just for the PS4 owners to be able to play. This is ridiculous. Objects are popping up even more now , and it's all blurry. Just release the PS5 version for god sake ! How difficult it is to release the patch which would make textures more sharp , better drawing distance and less texture popping on PS5 ??!!
Not just PS5 owners, also PC owners received the same treatment, regarding the graphic downgrade, which it doesn't make any sense from a technical perspective.

Basically we all experience worse visuals because the PS4 could not run the game properly. Yeah, 7 months of constant downgrade, yet many are happy with the game in the current state. Standards are out of the window for AAA games it seems.

Last edited:
The only standard that almost every game studio and publisher seems to follow is to release unfinished and unpolished games.
Unless spending 10+ years for create/develop a game (and even, nothing sure), I'm not sure it will get better in the future (bigger, more complex, more problems).
There is a better chance that players will find/encounter a problem when there are 10 million of them playing than someone among the 100 or so testers .(PS:random numbers)

The only standard that almost every game studio and publisher seems to follow is to release unfinished and unpolished games.
kind of amusing that you point out the lack of polish since they claimed to have spent a year polishing this thing....

most Sony exclusives and Nintendo games are polished until they are almost perfect at launch. Other AAA games are polished enough and get patched a little after launch. Many titles by smaller developers (granted, they have less realistic graphics) eg Hades, Subnautica etc. get polished in Early Access until they are really great.

It's really mostly Bethesda, Ubi, EA that have been regularly dropping the ball when it comes to quality for the last years. But they are so big and publish so many games that they make it look as if releasing unfinished bugfests has become the norm and is to be expected as a normal part of modern video games...

thats because the true next gen version isnt out. You play the ps4 version on your ps5. to play ps5 version with less downgrades you have to wait for next gen version.
What about the PC version? It seems we're playing the base PS4 version as well.
Post automatically merged:

Not just PS5 owners, also PC owners received the same treatment, regarding the graphic downgrade, which it doesn't make any sense from a technical perspective.

But it does make sense from an ease of implementation standpoint. Making one change to the entire system is easier than making several for each platform, or adding the UI elements for a slider plus the backend code to adjust the settings based on that slider.

This is not an excuse, and I think they should be doing thing right rather than fast, but it does make some technical sense. And no doubt they are under pressure to "get it done" even if it's not ideal.

But it does make sense from an ease of implementation standpoint. Making one change to the entire system is easier than making several for each platform, or adding the UI elements for a slider plus the backend code to adjust the settings based on that slider.

This is not an excuse, and I think they should be doing thing right rather than fast, but it does make some technical sense. And no doubt they are under pressure to "get it done" even if it's not ideal.
Yea this is what i figure is going on. It would also help with stability i guess reducing the load of the game on all PCs so they get nice reduced crashes charts. Its quite common that they downgrade across the board when they do downgrade. even more powerfull pc can have trouble running this game without crashes every now and then and that doesnt look good in the charts i guess :D

Just a funny joke: "version 1.23? More like version 0.23" Remember how CDPR said back in April 2020 that the game is done and you can play it from beginning to the end? And the rest of the time till release, which was scheduled for September 2020, will be spent on bugfixing? :D

There is a really good news article on PC Gamer, commenting on the latest patch. Link below.

I hope it is still relevant to the subject which is "patch 1.23", which is comments and opinions about the patch?

Thing is, the game has run just fine on my system since the first hotfix.
I've been spending this entire time waiting for them to actually make good on their advertising, putting back in the cut content, so much of which was the actual draw for me.

Hell, even just a ride-the-monorail-in-first-person-real-time DLC would have been nice.

I can see now that this is a forlorn hope: CDPR has no intention of putting out the free DLC on the roadmap or they'd be giving us details. Something to look forward to.
I'd love to believe they really do intend to make CP2077 be a good game, as opposed to a tech demo that got too big for its britches, but at this point, I simply have zero confidence that this will ever be anything but a lackluster dumpster fire that was released way too early in development.

All right, enough with the PC vs. consoles. Platform wars are not welcome, nor are they on topic.

Rudeness and disrespect also not welcome, as per the forum rules.

Posts deleted.

Ok cool... DLC when?

I decided to stay one step behind on the patches.

I would not have patched at all after the first hotfix as I was doing great (no visual bugs and no broken quests) on my Win 7 PC. The only reason I allowed the patches after the hot fix was because of the DLC and for any future mod (new mods almost always require and up to date game).

At this point, if I could wave a magic wand I would have wanted the DLC before any more patching so I could just play it all with my smooth experience off the hot fix only set up.

One can dream. :(

a few patches later and I am now getting visual glitch's within 3 hours after starting a new game! However I just upgraded to win 10 a month ago so It is possible it is the OS fault or a combination of the stupid OS and the way the game is coded. All I know is I had a perfect game for 150 hours (main quest and all Corpo side quest 100% completed and 100 of the 200 hidden gems) on the hotfix and win 7.

Last edited:
So the Many Ways To Skin a Cat gig is finally fixed.

I'm guessing we're still stuck with the glitched out holographic sights then though because there doesn't seem to be a mention of that in the fix list unless anybody can correct me?

Top Bottom