Patch 1.62 — Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode

+
would love to get some AA options instead of a ray-tracing update that i can't even use in the first place.
in some areas it's fine but in others it's actually impairing my vision.
i don't think it's just the AA but i had to play around with the graphical settings for an solid hour just so the game stops giving me bad vision and headaches.
never did i experience this before with any other game.

also would be cool if fixes...well fix things.
still got cars spawning half burried in the ground.
saw two cars stuck "inside each other" in a scripted ride.
got at least one drone from which i couldn't pick up the loot.

i thought that's all fixed?!

don't get me wrong, i'm happy for those who want such updates and can use them.
but i would be much more happy if those resources would go into new content as well as real fixes.

congrats pc player (if it works... like it should) - shared feelings for the console crew. - anything we can expect to get exclusively? uhm well just loud thinking nvm - see you at 1.7 hopefully...

a 20 GB update for something very few ppl can even use is meh.
im on a slow 3g connection with datacap and this means i wont be able to play until next months mobile billing period. =I
why not make this optional?

Anyone getting a bug where photomode outputs 0 bytes empty files? Can't find any fix so far. RT overdrive settings don't seem to impact it, happens regardless since the patch.

Nobody asked for this. Except for Nvidia and Intel, most likely. Please expand the game with more content instead of being a marketing puppet for hardware brands. A customer revenue stream is more sustainable than a hardware manufacturer one. What if Intel quits the GPU market and Nvidia finds a new toy to promote how shiny surfaces get in game?

I did. And I don’t even have the hardware to enjoy it - BUT I’m looking forward to one day upgrading my PC so I can. I can STILL enjoy the game on my rust bucket of a PC now, which is unaffected by this, and the prospect of future playthroughs are even more exciting to me, knowing that there’s a version of this game waiting to be enjoyed once I upgrade.

Personally, I generally love and support when science and technology is pushed forward and this case is no exception. Path tracing is a really interesting concept and if this preview helps us learn more and improves lighting for future games I’m all for it. The preview is basically a really cool tech experiment that people can try out if they want, but it’s not mandatory to enjoy the game.

I personally am quite happy that they're improving the game visually and making it future-proof with all the breakthrough tech, as they always have even with Witcher 1 and 2 and 3.

It's one of the most visually and artistically stimulating games out there and can't wait to see what more is there to come. So cheers, keep up the great work and support!

I was walking around the city and enjoying the overdrive visuals and then I ran across this building rooftop that brought me back down to earth.

Yeesh.

The salt levels need to be reduced greatly y'all...this update definitely doesn't affect my system. Can't even do the screenshot improvement. But I'm not mad about it. A little irked that mods must be updated, but I've had to do that with every patch so it's not a big deal. For those whose systems are able to run the new tech, have fun! It still looks great on my end, even without the new toys.

Um, my dude, MOST MODS BREAK with patches. It's the nature of the beast. It's gonna do the same thing with 1.7. The good news is that it's a wee bit faster for the modders to update their mods. Be patient.
Exactly my point, 1.7 is the update we are asking for, and we expect the mods to break for that, its not like we don´t know they`ll break, this update breaks the mods without new content for only the high end users, as a PR stunt update for the GPU makers that does nothing for most players, except break the mods

Exactly my point, 1.7 is the update we are asking for, and we expect the mods to break for that, its not like we don´t know they`ll break, this update breaks the mods without new content for only the high end users, as a PR stunt update for the GPU makers that does nothing for most players, except break the mods
It isn't worth being salty about though. No matter what, whether a patch will benefit you or not, a new game version means the mods must be updated to that version. Like I get it, I want the next patch as much as the next dude. I'm itching to do another playthrough so I can bring that OC into the expansion naturally. The waiting is torturous, but being mad at it and getting salty benefits no one. It just makes the whole 'toxic gamers' imagery that most non-gamers have of gamers seem more true than it actually is.

Thank you for the update. I look forward to getting my hands on it any minute now.

Nobody asked for this.
I did. Several of us did actually, but especially the developers. Shadowless Neon? That's no good. People criticize even some of it's graphical short comings (rightfully so) and this addresses them. You could play it in a few years if you start saving today.
yeah u might but not the rest 99.7% of player base
1681218411522.png
I have a 4080 and run an ultrawide 1440p monitor, so not sure if I am going to be able to take advantage of this or not given that a 3090 can only handle 1080p at 30fps...
Frame Gen should pick up any slack. Everything I've seen shows the 4080 dumping on the 3090 even without Frame Gen. Let us know in the thread how it performs.
Seems like people in here are just getting annoyed for the sake of being annoyed.
Yeah. I've spoken, and will continue to speak, my criticisms in passing conversation here, but anything that makes the games better is welcome.

since mods arent their official product they objectively could give a flying f*ck about "your" issue with them... and that comes from a console player who also is sad to get nothing here and now. but blaming them to crash mods is hilerious they couldnt care less. - modders will update them mostprob in the next few days if not hrs. so chill dude... pls.

It's like I said on reddit: nice update, path tracing definitely looks like a nice technology, but unfortunately global illumination is still broken on AMD when ray traced lighting is turned on (even on psycho). The contrast is way too high in general, especially during daytime, and certain textures do not handle illumination (or lack thereof) well at all.

See:
I have an RX6700 that can otherwise run everything smoothly on 1440p. I use no mods and no reshade.

Any change to official files will break mods.

It should not come as a surprise to anyone. It's been true since day one and will always be true. It's been true of almost every mod for every moddable game ever.

Don't update or don't mod your game if updates breaking your mods annoy you. It's really that simple. There is really no reason to get angry.

More stuff is getting added to the game, the fact you can't benefit from it is your problem and I say that as someone who isn't benefiting from this patch. The fact CDPR is doing this when most publishers would have abandoned the game after it's dreadful launch is to be celebrated, even if it benefits so few of us.

Thanks for this update! I was looking forward to RT Overdrive since the very first presentation with DLSS3. I have paused my playthrough for the time being and now i can enjoy Night City in a...well...new light XD

CET not working. Thank you for a no new content PR bs mod-breaking update nobody asked for
CET is not a modding tool that is supported by CDPR, nor will it ever be. As to my knowledge, it hooks the game's executable and there is nothing CDPR can to to avoid this issue.

a 20 GB update for something very few ppl can even use is meh.
im on a slow 3g connection with datacap and this means i wont be able to play until next months mobile billing period. =I
why not make this optional?
Isn't every PC patch optional?

Juan, Its not like you would benefit from mods themselves while others cant - so how hypercritical is your claim if you step back and think about it for a second?

Top Bottom