Patch 2.01

+
Ouch. Time to disable those automatic updates. Broke so many things, invisible items... etc. etc. I wish there was an option to return to 2.0.
If you're playing the game on PC from GOG Galaxy, there is the option to upgrade back to 2.0 in Galaxy.

After manually installing latest redmod and verifying the game again it downloaded about 20 gb and then it could install/update via galaxy.

Patch 2.01 for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty is being rolled out on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It fixes the most common issues players have encountered and improves overall performance on all platforms, especially in Dogtown.

For details, check out the list of changes below:

Phantom Liberty-specific
  • Balls to the Wall - When talking to Paco, repeating the blue dialogue option from the Corpo lifepath will no longer block progress.
  • Dog Eat Dog - Fixed an issue where it was possible to earn multiple Relic points by triggering the first meeting with Songbird more than once.
  • Firestarter - Fixed an issue that could cause V to get stuck in the wall or roof after performing a Finisher on Kurt Hansen.
Moving Heat
  • Fixed an issue that could cause all traffic to disappear after completing the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where triggering combat in the garage in specific scenarios could cause various disruptions to quest flow.
  • New Person, Same Old Mistakes - Fixed an issue where the gate to Bill's hot dog stand was closed.
Somewhat Damaged
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from scanning the Neural Network system.
  • Various fixes for devices in the bunker.
  • The Killing Moon - Fixed an issue that caused the doors leading to the shuttle to not open.
You Know My Name
  • Fixed an issue where V could remain connected to the sniper nest, blocking quest progress, after repeatedly switching cameras at the end of the sequence.
  • Reed will now wear his party outfit during the dialogue with Songbird.
  • Addressed an issue where some phone calls necessary to continue the main story began with a delay.
  • Various visual fixes for animations, lighting, scenes, VFX, and more.
  • Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
Quests & Open World
  • Automatic Love - The distortion effect caused by talking to Johnny and selecting a specific dialogue option at the end of the quest will no longer persist on the screen.
  • Ghost Town - Fixed an issue where the quest could get stuck on the "Defeat Nash and his people" objective if the game was saved during combat prior to Update 2.0.
Gig: Breaking News
  • Fixed an issue where Ted Fox's car didn't spawn.
  • Fixed an issue where the gig wouldn't trigger after approaching the quest area.
  • Gig: Going-Away Party - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to get in the car with Flavio because it spawned underground.
  • Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away - Fixed an issue where the Militech SUV spawned underground.
Killing in the Name
  • Fixed an issue where leaving the quest unfinished could block clue scanning, preventing the player from progressing in many quests.
  • Fixed an issue where the Bartmoss Collective website wasn't visible in some cases.
  • Playing for Time - Fixed an issue where healing and radio icons disappeared from the HUD after the car chase with Takemura.
  • Space Oddity - Fixed an issue where the quest didn't activate if the location was approached prior to Update 2.0.
The Heist
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn't present in front of the Afterlife.
  • Fixed an issue where, when riding the elevator to the 42nd floor with low FPS, V could fall through the floor and die.
  • The Prophet's Song - Fixed an issue where completing the quest could cause the police system to turn a blind eye to V's crimes.
  • The Ripperdoc - Fixed an issue where, if the player got into the driver's seat from the passenger seat, Jackie would return to the noodle stand and refuse to drive to the ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue where NCPD Scanner Hustles could remain uncompleted even after looting the necessary containers.
  • Fixed an issue where some Iconic weapons wouldn't appear on wall of the Stash in V's apartment.
  • Lowered the value of the Attribute check required to enter the area where the Thermal Katana can be looted.
Gameplay
  • Made it possible to properly switch to Arm cyberware by cycling through weapons.
  • Addressed an issue that could cause V to become invulnerable to all damage.
  • A wrecked NCPD cruiser without wheels won't be patrolling the streets of Night City anymore.
  • Fixed an issue where some obsolete mods in the Inventory and Stash weren't properly exchanged for a new weapon mod.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons obtained pre-Update 2.0 could have a Tier that's too high when compared to the player's level.
  • Removed various obsolete Crafting Specs.
  • Disassembling a Budget Arms Slaught-O-Matic will now give 1 crafting component.
PC-specific
  • Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing on keyboard and mouse.
  • Players unable to get achievements due to an issue that prevented Phantom Liberty achievements from unlocking on PC before a backend fix implemented on the day of the release will have them retroactively unlocked on GOG and Steam after loading a save from that playthrough. For the Epic Games Store, the issue is still under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue where, after installing Update 2.0 but not the expansion on GOG, a pop-up saying "Phantom Liberty downloaded - please return to the main menu to access new content" could appear in the in-game menu.
  • Improved image quality of DLSS Ray Reconstruction in the Ultra Performance setting.
Console-specific
  • Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix saves corrupted before the update.
  • Fixed an issue where launching the game without an internet connection would prompt the player to log into GOG My Rewards again.
Miscellaneous
  • Various crash fixes on PC and consoles.
  • Vehicle radio volume has been adjusted so it's no longer too quiet compared to other sounds in the game. If you've turned down the volume of other sounds in order to better hear the radio, you may want to re-adjust the volume before you continue playing.
  • Added sounds for the Basilisk that were missing.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could earn an infinite score in Trauma Drama by shooting at enemies dropping from a helicopter repeatedly.
  • Growl FM and Dark Star websites will now be visible when playing without Phantom Liberty.
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the internet didn't result in an error message being displayed in My Rewards and Cross Progression tabs.
  • The song History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation will now be disabled when the "Disable Copyrighted Music" option is turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where hair didn't cast shadows when Ray Tracing was enabled.
  • Players who pre-ordered Phantom Liberty but didn't get the Quadra Sport R-7 "Vigilante" will now receive it.
  • Several improvements and changes to Ukrainian localization, including fixes for lines where the translation lost its original meaning.
REDmod
  • Fixed an issue where tweak mods would not compile in REDmod.
  • Added Phantom Liberty support to REDmod.
Hey, chooms! Please remember that these are just the highlights. There are more improvements and fixes in this patch, so check them out for yourself in the game!
just a heads up I am on PC. as much as I feel joy with this game getting a update. finding it lose it while trying to install which could just be my internet or something but finding out all of my saves my reduction on cyberware which is hard capping my cyberware at 177 but sits at 185 because my cards i am guessing skill cards to reduce the cost on them or increase my capacity are gone suddenly and my arms cyberware being dropped from 5+ down to 1 to 2 on saves back to back definitely killing my joy. turning my currently 29 hour save to garbage. hope it gets fix soon because I dont think I am the only one
20231005151523_1.jpg

Last edited:
DUDE WTF I AM SERIOUSLY SCARED SHITLESS EVERY TIME YOU GUYS UPDATE. More than half my weapons that I worked so hard to get tier 5 and in the skins I like are all randomly ranked all over the place and crap now!! Every update it's like you give with one hand while taking with the other. I'm so bummed. It's so pointless to play when you never know if one day it will update and progress will just be gone. And it's random in every save in one a gun will tier 5 and another save the same gun will be tier 4 and in another it'll be tier 3. And it's like that with all my weapons even in my stash I essentially have to find a save with some weapons I really like that are lucky to be tier 5 still and then start all over. I'm screwed because how the hell are you ever going to be able to fix this? This sucks so bad I was liking Phantom Liberty but I don't like playing games where progressing is pointless. Can't you just find it in your hearts to not take away things we worked hard for just once? Please? I bet the whole not finding any cyberware capacity shards bug isn't even fixed either. I've been playing since day one I bought the game at midnight when it came out and have been getting screwed and dealt with bugs for 3 years. But this...this was just the straw that broke the camels back. I'm so bummed I spent money on the stupid DLC I need to work on getting a refund. Seriously every weapon all of the ones I had saved too. If it was that stupid patch note that said something about having weapons that were a higher level than you well that's just bs for me cause I'm max level so why do you send out a half ass patch instead of one that only applies to those people.

Last edited:
REMINDER:

Post your bugs through the SUPPORT site; posting it here does not guarantee that it gets SEEN.

You have to click through a few pages but keep going through menus until you see *contact us*.

Problem is that the support site only lets you report visual bugs and not all bugs are visual in nature, so there does not appear to be a way to report non-visual arbitrary bugs, or bugs that can not be described in a way that is visual in nature. So people have no choice but to either make a YouTube video to show the bugs or post in forums and get a lot of "me toos" until the volume is big enough to make waves.

Can you guys fix the bug for auto fixer quest not showing up on the map and in game , I only did one quest and I haven't seen anymore other than that great update 🔥💯💯💯

Problem is that the support site only lets you report visual bugs and not all bugs are visual in nature
Nope, there are a bunch of sections and if there isn't one you looking for, just pick up a close one ;)
(between technical/gameplay, there are quite a few^^)

DUDE WTF I AM SERIOUSLY SCARED SHITLESS EVERY TIME YOU GUYS UPDATE. More than half my weapons that I worked so hard to get tier 5 and in the skins I like are all randomly ranked down and fucking crap now!! Why do you do this to us. Every update it's like you give with one hand while taking with the other. I'm so pissed I'm done with this game. It's so pointless to play when you never know if one day you guys will update it and nerf all our progress. This sucks so bad I was liking Phantom Liberty but I don't like playing games where progressing is pointless. Can't you just find it in your hearts to not take away things we worked hard for just once? Please? I bet the whole not finding any cyberware capacity shards bug isn't even fixed either. I've been playing since day one I bought the game at midnight when it came out and have been getting screwed and dealt with bugs for 3 years. But this...this was just the straw that broke the camels back. I'm so bummed I spent money on the stupid DLC I need to work on getting a refund. Seriously every weapon all of the ones I had saved too. If it was that stupid patch note that said something about having weapons that were a higher level than you well that's just bs cause I'm max level so why do you send out a half ass patch instead of one that only applies to those people.
Wow, how did you spend three years playing this very mediocre game? I bought it on release and dropped it after a few hours. Then I decided to give it another try when 2.0 came out and I was actually having fun. Sure it's a mid game but it's decent. And now the awesome they/them developers managed to break the game with 2.01. I'm just crashing trying to launch the game.

Somehow my game is far more buggy than before on ps5. Same as others, lost my tier 5+ mantis blades, got them knocked down to tier 2. Run This Town quest had me stuck where I couldn't access character menu after completing it. Can we get a boost to cyberware capacity since we still can't find them anywhere?

Well... here we are, again.

bug2.jpg

bug1.jpg

EDIT: This is absolutely un-goddamn-acceptable. Erebus is gone.. I had it in my hands, it's now completely gone from the game. Why? How the hell do nearly all of the icons for items and equipment(including cyberware) suddenly disappear?

You have to get the game in working order at some point. You have to.
Blaming 'da engine' isn't good enough by any stretch of the imagination. You built the damn thing, you should know better than anyone how to wrangle it.

It's also apparent CDPR still suffers the botched internal communications which landed them in hot water all those years ago, as their community manager confirmed several fixes that aren't present.

Get it together, guys. Please.

Last edited:
Are you guys looking into the bug where shards arnt applying to max cyberware capacity.

the bug causes you to have over max cyberware, meaning if you try to upgrade something you have equipped, it will unequip it and say you dont have enough cyberware to re equip it.
Post automatically merged:

Fix the bugged cyberware capacity and the additional stat % addition from perks being bugged too.
pleassseeee fix this, its so bad. i literally am forced to not upgrade to tier 5+ because it will leave me with less cyberware equipped

My biggest gripe with the game is that stats don't properly display. Please make it so that your stats actually reflect the perks you've chosen, as well as special effects on weapons/cyberware. My crit chance on the stat screen has NEVER reflected my actual crit chance in the game and it's very difficult to know what my bonuses are without memorizing every piece of gear I have.

That was genuinely funny, though. :LOL:
That's one bug I wish wasn't fixed.

These wrecked police cars would have been great for the coming Halloween.

Also for technical issues involving autosaves for Desktop PC using Steam:

" Please perform a clean installation of the game. Carefully follow all the steps below.
  1. Backup your save files. If possible, transfer them to an external device (for example, flash drive).
    Saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
  2. Disable Steam Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077.
  3. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077.
  4. Go to your Steam directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common is default).
  5. Remove:
    • Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
    • REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  6. Restart your PC.
  7. Install Cyberpunk 2077 again on an SSD. Do not install any mods.
    If you are installing the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed, to ensure that the game won't be blocked by Windows permissions settings, make sure to install it on the drive root and not nested in some folders. Example path after installation: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
  8. Run Steam as administrator and see if the issue persists.
  9. If it's fixed, copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
  10. Re-enable Steam Cloud if you want. "

Well done
But please fix the bug where the xp boost vanishes after you pick up a shard
And the skill requirement for the brendan quest is too high on kon.

idk if it’s been included here w the crash fix but esp during the last few missions w songbird my game keeps crashing whenever i fight the enemies w a katana but when i hack or use guns it doesn’t.
Same here. Had no issues with 2.0 update but 3 crashes right away when using knives.

It is disheartening to look forward to a patch, only to have those expectations betrayed. When patches only fix some of the bugs the patch notes claim, when nerfs take priority over fixes, and when the patch introduces many more new bugs than it fixes... Well, what's the point?

Anyway, I've decided that 2.0 and Phantom Liberty aren't worth the frustration. I'm going to uninstall, and reinstall 1.63.
Maybe I'll take another look at 2.X in a year or two. Maybe 2.63 will be good?

Top Bottom