Patch Notes 10.8

+
Renfri nerf is a good thing. But why couldn't she be like this in the beginning? Why make an obviously broken card?
With new scenarios' buff I may give them another try. But I foresee a lot of balancing for them. Maybe one-two year, as it was with the original scenarios.

This patch is quite OK. They put some thoughts into it and fixed a lot of little things.
Of course, we still want more (Onslaught is far too strong and dumb, some love for Wolf Pack and all the old cards,...).

Renfri is clearly nerfed but seems still playable and strong. The wide punish change is welcome because it was crazy. I like the fact that you have to do a little work now to kill high units (curse of wrath 8 instead of 10).

So, it appears that the Doomed on Renfri doesn't change anything for NG.

They can still copy it a bunch of times after its put in the other player's graveyard, right?

Treasure Huntress hello? why this change?

The card itself was already bad balanced.

If you use your coins in another thing its 7 for 5.

You dont use the coins in another thing, its 4 for 5 with the abillity to gain one coin (or, in case, give this abillity to another card) per turn.

How many engines you can gain one point per turn? A lot of it.

The other coins you spend you are trading 3 possible points to have another engine giving you one point per turn, wich means, you need at least 3 turns to take it back. Otherwise, the only cards that beneficts for going coins are the expensive townsfolks and bincy.

So with the hoard 7, in a hidden cache deck you could acelerate all the processo since it was hoard 5. Now its hoard 7 (in HC) and you can only give one infuse per turn.

REALLY CDPR?

I tried more than 20 diferrent hidden cache decks to make that playable (not using the poison golden neckker netdecker everyone wwas using) and its really hard to let your engines survive this remove meta. And now, what you guys do? Turn even more dificult to use engines decks, and dont change the remove/control decks (yes, onslaught untouched)

Nerf to knickers seems bad. It used to be at 8, was barely used, at 7 it got use but it wasn't ubiquitous until Renfri. Now the card is really specialized again.

That said, the buffs to certain archetypes is really good, but if I had to guess it will be NG who comes out on top this meta.

To be fair the bug with the card not banishing itself if it bounces with Doomed is fixed, so the Cat spam decks either mass purify their own row (and defender) or they disappear.
It wasn't a bug. It was simply the way replay has always worked. First the card is reset and then it is removed from the field and replayed. All replay cards worked like this long before Sir Scratch-A-Lot was ever released. In other words it wasn't a bug, it was a feature of the replay ability. Sir Scratch-A-Lot simply magnified why this was problematic. CDPR simply changed the order so that with replay first the card is removed, which banishes it from the match.

You can remove the doomed tag from all three units summoned from the graveyard by Witches' Sabbath by playing Spring Equinox on the row so Sir Scratch-A-Lot still has plenty of value in a Thrive deck that uses the Arachas Queen/Witches' Sabbath/Alissa Henson dynamic

This looks like a hotfix for Renfri and Cat spam but not a patch.
Still no Draft change, no introduction of other playable modes, no buffs for underperforming cards and (almost) no nerfs for SK pirates.
Disappointed

NOT ENOUGH. DISAPPOINTED.

SK pirate nerf??
NY + Shril Balance?

I am genuinely confused.
How can those be the only changes after 1 month of playing 10.6
I played about 50 hours of Gwent past month and I can think of 30 different ways to improve this game to MAXIMIZE creativity and MINIMIZE repeatability. Play a few hours and it becomes apparent only a few types of decks can win in Pro league due to some major card/fraction synergy abuses.....

Some cards are just not balanced... I hope the next one is better!

Renfri should've been nerfed even more, Scenarios - especially new NGs got a buff? Wat?
Doesn't look too bad though, still Renfri is OP imho and I just hope it keeps people playing Renfri-Meta in 90% of matches.

10.8 Patch notes:
Weeping Willow - Ability changed to:
Harmony.
Order (Melee): Boost self by the number of unique primary categories among units you control.
Deploy (Ranged): Poison an enemy unit.

It looks like Weeping Willow did not get changed the right way. In game it still says both melee and ranged abilities are on deploy.

Untitled.png

Nerf to knickers seems bad. It used to be at 8, was barely used, at 7 it got use but it wasn't ubiquitous until Renfri. Now the card is really specialized again.

That said, the buffs to certain archetypes is really good, but if I had to guess it will be NG who comes out on top this meta.
And why is it NG?

I did! I swear it was on deploy before. My screenshot was just after the update but it seems the card is correct now.

Weeping Willow's in-game description now matches the patch notes but it now seems to have zeal. You can immediately click the melee order in the same turn after playing it. I saw it on a stream and tested it myself.

Was Weeping Willow supposed to have zeal?

Last edited:
New tags :
- Bandit for a bunch of elves (and also elves token) and a few other Scoia Tael (Pavko)
- Soldier for dwarves, some elves and Saskia
- Warrior on some dwarves, elves and a few other

Some cards got 2 new tags (Toruviel and Yaevinn : Soldier and Bandit)

Did you spot any other ?

Elf spam/Bandit deck is a thing (which is nice), I don't see any use for the Soldier tag or the Warrior tag, for now. Maybe in Draft mode...

Last edited:
Huge nerfs for syndicato
Not only variety, but general power level.
All cards of the same prov should be in a similar range of points and, instead of levelling, we are just witnessing a "buff run". Card is bad? Buff it, random numbers here and there.
Example: if we have 300 cards and 10 of them are broken and out of line, the most efficient and logic action should be to nerf them, not buffing the remaining 290.
Next expansion we are given other 5 ultra broken nonsense cards.
So now we are dealing with 300 powercrept cards ( basically fodder ) and the meta will be completely shaped around new ones. This immensely reduces the variability of ladder and leads to op combos shared by almost all the factions, especially if they are neutrals ( hello kekker, hello aerondight, hello Renfri ).
Expansions should give options, not mandatory deckbuilding.

Repeat over and over.

Renfri is not dead, so i don't like it. Plus, i don't see any changes to Warrit and friends. How is it possible to keep cards that can literally autowin games if opponent has no answers to shuffle his deck? This rng is disgusting.
Why the hell would warrit need change to his ability?? There are a lot of people playing R and if you are tired of them this is decent answer for that. RNG was always disgusting...

Top Bottom