PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"You're telling me you don't have a video game or ten somewhere in all that hardware?" Asks Gremlin. "Better to wait, besides, I think Mouse would have to dragged out if we wanted to leave."
"Hey guys, why not take advantage when ya can?" Says Mouse.

(( With that we'll pause to allow new players to arrive after the place officially opens at 10:30. ))

This was going to be an experience. If there was one thing that Setsuna looked forward to, it was taste-testing all the exotic foods of America. It was still a melting pot, right? That meant that all types could be found here, including foreign foods...like Italian food! He had to see it for himself, so it wasn't soon before he found himself running to Beppo's Trattoria. Gotta beat the rush, right?

(( Well, I think we've waited long enough, so ... Action! ))

The manager opens the front door of the restaurant, they're open for the day.
Then comes over to your table to personally take your orders.

Last edited:
Soldowner;n10006541 said:
Setsuna thinks about it for a moment, and eventually decides "What does the house recommend?"
(( Might wanna backtrack a bit on your post Soldowner, you're still outside on the street. :rolleyes: You might find entering the restaurant before you try to order will work a bit better. It's Hernando's team, who's already inside, the manager is approaching. ))

Suhiira;n10006961 said:
(( Might wanna backtrack a bit on your post Soldowner, you're still outside on the street. :rolleyes: You might find entering the restaurant before you try to order will work a bit better. It's Hernando's team, who's already inside, the manager is approaching. ))

(Whoopsie. Fixed. Like it never even happened!)

Hernando thinks he might recognize the person who just entered and was seated to too far from your team, far enough away he won't be able to overhear quiet conversation tho.

Unfortunately the restaurant doesn't have a "breakfast" menu (might be why they open at 10:30).
"What may I get for you?" Asks the manager?

Chita goes for lasagna, Gremlin for tortellini, and Mouse ... Mouse can't make up his mind ... the manager looks at Hernando.

As this is happening another waiter arrives with a basket of bread dripping in butter, a bottle of wine, and four glasses.

Hernando first impulse is to ask a pizza, but he doesn't want to appear (too much) a lowlife, so he decides for a "spaghetti a la carbonarra" (whatever it is).
"Now this is life. A job well done and after, a good meal." He starts recalling about a certain musician... But it's all very blurred, like if it was months ago...

Mouse finally decides on chicken parmesan.

Setsuna gets seated not to far from the only other customers ... wait ... they were in here before the doors opened ...
He's fairly sure he recognizes one of them too, someone he spoke with just the other day at a video arcade.

Setsuna's waiter arrives to take his order.

Last edited:
Sesuna wasn't aware of all things Italian, but there'd been something that caught his eye he was willing to test out. "What's a...Rizotto? I'd like that, please." He recognizes that he's talked to one of the other customers before, so he smiles and waves to Hernando, but that's it.

(( No need to wait for me on this sort of thing. One character does or says something another responds to the post. ))

Hernando smiles and waves back but thinks about what are the odds that a random musician he met sometime before will come to this restaurant AFTER he completed the mission? He eats quickly and then says to his companions. "There is a guy a know there, I'm just saying hi to him".

"Can I join you?".

Setsuna smiles gently, nodding without hesitation. "Hai, mochiron (Yes, of course.) If you'd like." Setsuna remembers introducing himself briefly, but does so again formally. "I don't think we've been properly introduced. Setsuna Muramasa, hajimemashite (nice to meet you)."

Hernando sits
"I'm Hernando, nice to meet you again. I remember vaguely you were trying to find a place to play. Did you have any luck?"

"Atashi wa sono yōna un ga nai (I've had no such luck)..." Sora shakes his head. "It can't just be any venue. It's gotta be big! Hakuryu-san knows that."

(( Maybe stick to English even between characters. Hernando doesn't speak Japanese, so unless Setsuna is going to say everything twice (once in Japanese, and again in English) it's kinda pointless. ))

(( BTW ... before I forget (again) Hernando earned himself 10 IP, not bad for a measly two days of character time. Needless to say given the PBEM format of the game things you could do in 5 minutes tabletop take a couple days, or more, so it'll feel like you're not getting much XP. Just try to keep in mind "character time" not "real-life time". ))

Last edited:
Top Bottom