PC vs. Consoles

+
PC vs. Consoles

I got a Wii already, should I have a PS3 also?I only really want to play Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear Solid 4, nothing else, is it worth the money still?

Just wait for Assassin's Creed to be released on PC... It should be released Q1 2008. Play something else in the meantime. Not worth buying a console just to play one game, and you need to support the PC front :p

Personally PCs are the best systems available.But I do own most of the consoles, old and new. I'd recommend an XBOX 360, as it's cheaper and has a much better range of games. However you'd miss out on MGS4 and FFXIII. The rest of the PS3 games are mostly rehashes, not much new. Assassin's Creed is on the 360, the PS3 and the PC. So you've just got to decide whether the PS3 exclusives are worth paying $800AU for or not (or however much it costs for you). I haven't got the PS3, there's literally nothing interesting out on it (yet) that I can't play on the PC or 360.Don't buy a console for the brand name. They are all capable machines. Buy for the games. Study the upcoming release charts, find which system has the most games that you're interested in, then go for that one. You could always hire the other console if it has games you want to play, if they're short enough to finish in a few days ie. not FFXIII.

I think PS3 is so good.. offers FREE multiplayer, good games ( You didnt mention UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE) and blue ray which is better than crapy hd dvdIt is good purchase if u ask me..

and khalan.. you dont know a damn thing, you're saying crap like the only games there are on ps3 are mgs and ff.. bullshit.. and you pay for xbox and then what? end? and what about xbox live? scums are taking money for everything..

Now now.. MT was being sarcastic, no need to get all bent out of shape.Besides, we all know that the PC > all. Without the PC, there wouldn't be any console games!

Fragil3 said:
and khalan.. you dont know a damn thing, you're saying crap like the only games there are on ps3 are mgs and ff.. bullshit.. and you pay for xbox and then what? end? and what about xbox live? scums are taking money for everything..
Sorry, I should of said for me. I have about 10 of my 360 games that are 360 exclusive and great games. I have a PS2, I've looked at the PS3 library when I was considering buying one, there's just nothing there besides what I mentioned to interest me. That doesn't mean that it's the same for everyone. That's why I told him to check the upcoming games and pick a system that has the best games for him. Oh, and Lair looked good, but scored less than I'd hoped. I use the PC for multiplayer, so that's not an issue for me, but if it is for others they should look at the PS3.

ok sorry for that.. nevermind.. ps3, 360.. who cares.. all ppl know whats the best gaming platform ;)

Into the flames I go ::)I myself Like playing on my pc the resion for that will be given.way back when yes the old days when we had rock for consoles yep talking about the old Magnabox and I fogot what where the other ;)think there where maybe at best 2 or 3 kinds of consoles then.but now we have a lot more diffent and better consloes out there I did think of buying one but wich one would I chose ??? they all have veary nice game that a given in my mind.For me I rather use the pc for me in time I would say maybe 6 out of 10 are ported to pc there not always as good as maybe it would look on a consloe but it give me a bit biger broad to pick form rather then being locked into playing only one consloe.Hell I would love to have played gods of war or some of the others that are only conole I just srug it off

lol everyone guessed :D yeah PC rocks, i've read an artiticle that consoles users were mostly around 25 yo. Now its changing and consoles are used by even younger gamers.. so it's like a dumbing down fun with no deph in it.. mostly of course thats not always like that but you know what i mean don't u?

Fragil3: No problem, I should have worded it better.I still remember when I was younger and I traded my PC in and bought a console (PS1 I think). Worst mistake in gaming that I ever made. I missed my PC, bought another one as soon as I had the money.The PCs greatest strength is versatility, and with newer parts, they are much more powerful. And if I want to play RTS or FPS games, PC is so much simpler to use. And then there are the mods.On my consoles I can play games, watch movies, listen to music. I've probably missed something.On my PC I can do all of the above, and browse the internet, do 2D and 3D graphics, wordprocessing, emulation (Commodore 64 amongst others :D), use or create mods, program apps and games, watch live TV etc. Oh, and they have the largest library of games by far.But I still own five consoles, games like Assassin's Creed suit a console better with the control scheme etc. Of course I can run it on PC when it comes out and hook my 360 controller up, but if I'm not getting any advantage over the console version, I might as well play on the 360 where it doesn't use any HDD space. 1TB of HDDs and they're all full :) And Fight Night Round 3 might be a bit difficult with a mouse and keyboard.If you want the full console experience it almost costs as much as a new PC anyway. In the end it's just down to the games we want to play, and whether it's only gaming that you want to do.

I prefer to have my PC over a console any time.Consoles have the big disadvantage that you need from each console company one of their consoles.That makes in the end how many consoles? 4 - 6 ?And then also the old ones, because the new ones can't play all the old games ... and all you can do with those daddle-boxes is playing, listening MP3s and watching Movies... yeah cool. My PC can do that, and also allows me access to the internet without a silly interface-enforcement and pre-set websites I can visit...Plus, consoles tend to have country-codes. Sure you can bypass that somehow - yet its much more fuss than simply having a PC.So you start stacking your consoles... and they are even worse than a laptop - out of date very quickly compared to the advancements of PC-components.Suma Sumarum - a PC is a multipurpose toy and tool. You can communitcate with it, you can play games, you can work over scanned pictures/photes with software like photoshop, you can listen music, you can write stories and so on...A console is in my opinion only a solution for someone who has no money, or too much money and room to buy every new console that comes and also keep the old ones, or stubbornly refuses to run a commonly used operating system that is known to run most games, just because of some technological-religious ideology.Consoles are not bad, but I don't want for each game a new console... and not all games run on the same consoles... I just say competition ...Plus they are simply too limited in what they can do!

Top Bottom