Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
You guys should give these settings a try. This guy detailed and benchmarked every setting. Some like the shadows one actually fixes glitchy shadows by turning it down. Very interesting!

20210127080732_1.jpg

// Settings in this area //

Graph Setting: 3070 w/ GSync on 1440p

RT Ultra - 60
RT Medium - 70/75
Ultra - 65
High - 75
Medium - 95
Low - 115/120

I personal play on High (Blur etc. off, ofc), RTX off, DLSS balanced (115 - 120 in this scencery).. i prefer Perfomance over "Shiny".

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    60 KB · Views: 143
I switched motherboard from Gigabyte X370 K7 to Asus WS X570 and all issues with performace are gone. The only change is the motherboard, the same Windows installation, the same drivers and max fps are happening now. I have no clue why my old board issued Cyberpunk or Cyberpunk issued my old motherboard and as there is no other software change ... I am going to play, hey hou ..

Hi, I just wanted to say that capping FPS at 360 helped me getting rid of high CPU temperatures when launching the game.

There are two ways of capping FPS:
  • in-game, 240 max
  • via GPU control panel
In Nvidia Control Panel I've set the maximum FPS to 360, and it had the same result as capping at 240 or 120 FPS in-game.
My maximum CPU temp went down from 91°C to 86°C. (Up to 90° is totally fine for Ryzen 5000 series.)

System: Ryzen 9 5950X ; RTX 3090 ; x570 Gigabyte ; Win10
Settings: 1440p RT_Ultra ; no mods ; BIOS: PBO enabled, everything on Auto
Post automatically merged:

Lol. My performance basically matches yours at best :ROFLMAO:
[2080 ti VS 2070s]
Got a mail from the tech service.
Let me know via PM if this issue still occurs for you, so I can give them your mail address.
I got a new video card so I won't be able to do comparisons.

Last edited:
When I start playing I get massive FPS drops and it almost seems like that my PC is going to crash. These happen every few minutes and usually they disappear after like 10 minutes of playing and then it's smooth. Has anyone else suffered from these kind of FPS drops? Apart from them the game runs fine and I get +60FPS at 1080p with medium-high settings.

Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16
Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB @1850Mhz
The game is installed on WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME

You guys should give these settings a try. This guy detailed and benchmarked every setting. Some like the shadows one actually fixes glitchy shadows by turning it down. Very interesting!

The settings in this guide helped my performance alot. The fps is higher, but not consistent 100% of the time. I have, almost everywhere, between 55 and 60 fps. In busy areas, it will drop to the 40's.

My specs are:
i5 7600
GTX 1070
16gb ram
running the game on a HDD

GPU and CPU usage is almost the same actually, both are being used at about 70-90%.

At the moment, performance-wise, I can say that for myself, I have little to complain about, but there is room for improvement on CDPR's part.

With my RTX 3070 (Ryzen 5 5600X CPU) the Nvidia driver release as of 1/27 improved performance greatly.

With the driver before this, I could only run at 60 fps for a few minutes before the game would start to get choppy at 45-50 fps, and then never get out of this state until exit-to-menu, load-latest save. With the latest driver update it's running smoothly at 60fps almost all the time, and if it ever drops a few frames, it now no longer gets stuck in that state.

My settings are GeForce Experience recommended, except:
Resolution : 1440p instead of 2160p
Ray-traced lighting: Medium instead of Off.

If I run recommended settings, fps unfortunately drops to 50 fps which does not look good on a fixed 60fps HDTV.

About to give up on playing this game. No matter what settings I pick, from lowest resolution, everything turned off, to max settings (which is says I should be able to use), I get constant 17 FPS. I truly don't understand what's going on.

I have a strange fps drops on half for a second in random places with no reason. This only ocures when only rt reflections are on, not shadows and lighting. I find out if I set local shadows of, AO of or turn rt lighting on medium, problem disappear. I want to play all maxed out, only with rt reflections, but cant due to this strange fps drops. Did someone have the same issue. Im on 8700k, rtx2080, 32gb, ssd m2, 1440p, g-sync.

Guys sorry for bad english, i used automatic translator.

Regarding the problem of the incomprehensible FPS limit that I had.

It is expressed it is that, regardless of the graphics settings, the computer outputs a fixed range of the number of frames.
For me, for example, it was in the range of 60-80. Who has a weaker system-the numbers are different, but the essence is the same: you put LOW FHD RTX OFF, and the screen has the same plus or minus 70 frames as with ALL ULTRA QHD RTX ON

Well:

On the Internet, i find place where gathered gamers with same trouble/

All the "sufferers" began to throw detailed configurations of computers, and noticed that all the computers have components from asus. As a result of numerous experiments, it was experimentally established that the problem lies in an application from Asus called AI suite. This thing is used to facilitate the installation of all drivers and utilities for asus hardware. Installing this application causes such an incomprehensible glitch in CP2077.
In other games, there is no such effect, so we can say that the hands from ars grows in CDPR (but this is not for sure).

[important] To make everything work correctly, it is not enough to simply delete the application from the computer. It only helps to reinstall Windows for a clean one, or reinstall Windows with saving applications using the Microsoft MediaCreationTool utility.
After" burning out " the ai suite, the game begins to respond normally to the graphics settings.

By the way, once again I am convinced that the perception is primarily affected by FPS, and not the quality of settings.
At fps 100+, the game is played much deeper than at 60, despite the lack of rtx.
Reflections in puddles are certainly good, but there is usually no time to look at them, and smoothness (read naturalness) it's always with you.

gl all

I'm still having very bad stuttering. Now the whole game is an unplayable diashow.

Here's my FPS graph. As you can see, my FPS is over 60, then it's zero, then it's over 60 again and then it's zero. This goes on and on forever. I've reinstalled the game twice, tried different GPU drivers and there are't any issues with any other games. What can I do?

nimetön.png

Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz
16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16
Sapphire Pulse RX 5700
The game is installed in to NVME SSD

Last edited:
I'm still having very bad stuttering. Now the whole game is an unplayable diashow.

Here's my FPS graph. As you can see, my FPS is over 60, then it's zero, then it's over 60 again and then it's zero. This goes on and on forever. I've reinstalled the game twice, tried different GPU drivers and there are't any issues with any other games. What can I do?

View attachment 11168693

Intel i7 9700K 5Ghz
16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16
RX 5700
The game is installed in to NVME SSD

try some stress tests for your hardware, and check temps.

I'm currently experiencing random system reboots, without a crash report.
I will try to flash the bios tomorrow. In the mean time:
What could it be? Anyone has an idea?
[...]
Edit: The Bios Update fixed it.
5950x ; 3090 ; 4x8 ddr4 3600
smt disabled ; pbo enabled
max temps: gpu 76*C ; cpu 89*C
Gigabyte x570 aorus xtreme
1500w psu
samsung ssd
windows 10

Last edited:
I used to play the game on my laptop:
ASUS ROG STRIX G512LV
INTEL CORE I7-10750H,
RAM 16 GB,
SSD 512 GB,
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX2060, 6 GB GDDR6

And was getting on high/ultra setting from 55 to 80 fps without issues. I came back home and recently update my cpu to Ryzen 5 5600x. My video card is Asus GTX 1070

I decided to install the game and test out my new CPU, but the game is unplayable. My CPU usage is around 20%, my ram usage is around 50% and my GPU sits at 0-5 % usage. The game runs the same with around 30-40 dps on low,medium,high and ultra, there is no difference in CPU usage or GPU usage.

I used to play the game on my laptop:
ASUS ROG STRIX G512LV
INTEL CORE I7-10750H,
RAM 16 GB,
SSD 512 GB,
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX2060, 6 GB GDDR6

And was getting on high/ultra setting from 55 to 80 fps without issues. I came back home and recently update my cpu to Ryzen 5 5600x. My video card is Asus GTX 1070

I decided to install the game and test out my new CPU, but the game is unplayable. My CPU usage is around 20%, my ram usage is around 50% and my GPU sits at 0-5 % usage. The game runs the same with around 30-40 dps on low,medium,high and ultra, there is no difference in CPU usage or GPU usage.
Check your CPU power plan in the windows settings and set it to high performance.
If that didn't help, uninstall ASUS AI Suite 3. If it can't be removed, restore Windows from a system restore point where ASUS AI Suite isn't installed.

Just installed the 1.2 update, and the game still won't properly use my GPU. Game's chugging along at about 25-27 FPS at it's highest, but usually in the 17-24 range.

With my RTX 3070 (Ryzen 5 5600X CPU) the Nvidia driver release as of 1/27 improved performance greatly.

With the driver before this, I could only run at 60 fps for a few minutes before the game would start to get choppy at 45-50 fps, and then never get out of this state until exit-to-menu, load-latest save. With the latest driver update it's running smoothly at 60fps almost all the time, and if it ever drops a few frames, it now no longer gets stuck in that state.

My settings are GeForce Experience recommended, except:
Resolution : 1440p instead of 2160p
Ray-traced lighting: Medium instead of Off.

If I run recommended settings, fps unfortunately drops to 50 fps which does not look good on a fixed 60fps HDTV.
I'm getting the same experience. It seems to happen more often when I enter into combat, which is the worst time for FPS drops...

Low Performance with 1070ti, intel 4790K and 16g ram

I am having Low Performance with 1070ti, intel 4790K and 16g ram. I can barley get 30 FPS on the lowest settings. Any suggestions?

What speed is the Ram? I got a 4790K 16gb ram and a 5700 "XT" and it runs at mostly 60+, first let me say the CPU is utterly inadequate for anything more than Low-Medium, it just doesn't have the IPC, the 1070Ti is also not exactly a fast card at this point.

Top Bottom