Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
yeah I have a 5950x and 6800xt the game is running not even 15fps ... same problem for days now , no update doing any change ... i tried several things on my computer as well , like old drivers etc , but nope unplayable ...

just 5 minutes ago i was trying to tweak parameters and testing in game ... and noticed something, the game beginning to have the fps attended when approaching the limits of the delimitations of the arena ...(in the desert of example, when the game tells to turn around because there is "nothing for you over there" ... at this moment the game acts normally and they when i go further and the game replaces me then back to 15fps slideshow ... so definitely on more game engine related bug to solve ... if there is still someone at cd project

so after days of searching i finally managed to get my fps back (5950x+6800xt - 4k ultra with fidelity fx from 70 to 100 = 60 fps) ... tested by installing windows on an external drive and it worked ... so i took 2 days to reinstall windows on my main hard drive ... just for this %#* game ... something it didn't like as i changed my gpu from radeon VII to 6800xt somewhere (but it was the only game which had a problem with that ...)

As the title states, the game is completely unplayable on my PC. I was able to play on my wife's laptop while I was traveling but after switching to my PC I've had no luck, it crashes within 2 minutes of play. Does anyone have any tips? This is my setup.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor, 3493 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

As the title states, the game is completely unplayable on my PC. I was able to play on my wife's laptop while I was traveling but after switching to my PC I've had no luck, it crashes within 2 minutes of play. Does anyone have any tips? This is my setup.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor, 3493 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Is your GPU overclocked?
I was constantly crashing with my usual OC. I had to lower it around 20MHz. Not a crash since

Ok so been doing some testing with my 2700X + 3090 running the game off a Crucial 2TB P5 M.2 NVMe drive.

For the longest time I was getting decent frames maxed out but every time I would get into a car and speed down the streets the game would drop below 60 so often and into the 40's this would get bad in highly details city areas where a lot of assets are being called.

regardless of the graphics settings or resolution it would do this all the time. Setting population density to low or mid helped a bit but I found that enabling 'Slow HDD mode' actually helps cut down on major frame dips while driving around the city at high speeds.

Combat itself runs smooth around 70-80 or higher depending on environment being internal or external of buildings.

I'm running on a ryzen 5 2600 and a 2070 and for the past 2 days I have been crashing every 15-30 minutes. Been getting an exception access violation where it says the thread attempted to read inaccessible data. No idea why its happening but it's getting very irritating that I can't really play the game.

good, as a personal experience:
Indeed the game presents some bugs today two days after New Year, until now I had problems with the FPS in locations with very high population density or cars texture after giving many turns to the graphic configuration, I had no idea of what were the reasons for the game to randomly run better in 4k in full screen and other times at 2k in windowed borderless mode, it was crazy, I have a Threadripper + rtx3080, at first you have plenty, if you play RDR2 or any other I am currently playing on the market, you will not have problems in full setttings ... because with this one if?

Beyond those FPS in open spaces, the same thing does not happen again ..... my problem is the SSD, there is a playability option that is "slow hard disk mode" ... I activated it and as a cure, the Stable FPS, rough driving yes, apparently I have been lucky and my vehicle never flew off or buried alive underground as seen in many videos.. but fluid, today after 3 weeks I have been able to play enjoying the physics and movements of the vehicles, the motorcycles are crazy, someone has noticed how the axle of the front wheels rotates one of those .. "things" ?, it seems ff7remake in the part of the dance with the motorcycles.

I bought a new, more modern SSD as it seems to be damaged somehow and now the game is just great, a friend with an rtx 2060 has replaced his HDD with SSD and the problems have simply disappeared ...
The conclusion is the following, it is a very very demanding game with the hardware that launches it, I am a gamer and I consider that it is even a bit too demanding, a simple failure, a piece that does not have the speed of mb / s and the executable will go to waste, failures not only come from a bad configuration, when an application does not have the data it requires when it requires it, it will cause failures that are impossible to predict.

Then there are all these failures, cars that do not brake on a curve, npcs with the right configuration to breathe and move ... more than failures is absence, something that can be corrected with a few months of work by the company, for example the police, It is just sad, but the star system, search, and appearance are there, very similar to titles like GTA V, just need a little more work, teach your sheep to drive and react in other ways than freeze and fall to the ground.

if I stop to see the work done and not the one that remains to be done, this still has no comparison at the game level, you have FO4 yes, or Skyrim, yes ... but after years and years of mods, apparently nobody remembers that when it was launched it was just nice graphics with THE SAME NPCs from the last years, clunky menus, and sad combat system if it had no add-ons ... I would say that even more silly in some situations, for me, this new platform; Although much content such as "just walk simulator" or "date simulator" is missing, which is not part of the final idea, IF need a more refined behavior of the population, a ... finished police, etc ..., it provides to gamers and modders who want to investigate the possibility of something much deeper and more beautiful than what they could create in those other engines, to be able to do it without limitations

Been running this on my 5900x ./ 2070s for about 5 days now. Installed the Hexus mod and haven't had any issues.
Had to fine tune some settings, but it's been flawless.

I have just finished the game with my 980ti ... FPS between 35 and 50 and CPU @80-90% (OC'ed i7-4790k) @1440p. I simply can't understand how you can complain with a 3080 that has almost 3 times the performance of my GPU :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

so after days of searching i finally managed to get my fps back (5950x+6800xt - 4k ultra with fidelity fx from 70 to 100 = 60 fps) ... tested by installing windows on an external drive and it worked ... so i took 2 days to reinstall windows on my main hard drive ... just for this %#* game ... something it didn't like as i changed my gpu from radeon VII to 6800xt somewhere (but it was the only game which had a problem with that ...)

Maybe you shouldn't use a computer if you need 2 days to install windows ;)

Last edited:
Performance degrades quickly for me especially with RTX on and on the market places. When restarting, it is fixed until the performance degrades again...

Anyone else?

Anyone else notice a micro stutter every time you switch a weapon?Like have a frametimegraph up and switch weapons.

Performance degrades quickly for me especially with RTX on and on the market places. When restarting, it is fixed until the performance degrades again...

Anyone else?

Me too! The game is not 100% optimized, and the only solution is to wait for patches. It is not our hardware's fault. I have at least tested it in other games and only in Cyberpunk 2077 it presented this "memory leak" problem.
PUBG and The Witcher 3 don't have this problem.

RTX 3070
Ryzen 7 3700x
16GB 3000mhz (2x8)

I have a 1080ti a 2k 144hz gsync monitor.
i7 4700k, 16gb ram, samsung 860 evo 1tb ssd (regular sata 3.0)
Game seems to be running good, don't know my exact frames but I can't complain at all.
Few bugs here and there but nothing gamebreaking until today ran into a quest npc that is invincible, even though you should be able to kill them to progress through the main storyline.

These are the settings i'm using, everything set to ultra
These are for a NON RTX Nvidia GPU 1000 series and down

Ultra preset then I go through and goto the settings listed below and modify them to these listed below
GAMEPLAY TAB
Crowd density set to Low (this is supposed to be CPU but, I think every bit helps)

VIDEO TAB
vsync>144 (because I have a 144hz monitor)
windowed mode> full screen

GRAPHICS TAB
standard Optimised Settings
Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: High
Local Shadow Quality: High
Cascaded Shadows Range: High
Cascaded Shadows Resolution Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: 1080p Ultra, 1440p High, 4K Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium Max
Dynamic Decals: Ultra
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Low but High if you find the amount of grain distracting.
Subsurface Scattering Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Low (there is barely a difference)
Colour Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: 1080p High. 1440p High, 4K Medium
Level of Detail: High

IF you are running a card that supports RTX here are the settings for the RTX settings, but since I am not I can't use/enable these.

Recommended Ray Tracing Settings
Ray Traced Reflections: On
RayTraced Shadows: Off
Ray Traced Lighting: Medium If that is not enough for you, Turn off reflections - the RT lighting is more important, on balance.
Image Quality Recommendations: 1080p DLSS Quality, 1440p, DLSS Balanced, 4K, DLSS Performance

I got these settings from Digital Foundry i've compared a few and they seem to be the best at keeping frames high and still having the game look great. I do not have a RTX card so I have no idea how those work I just know they are recommended by the same video that gave me the settings I use for my non RTX card and I have no reason to not trust Digital Foundry.

I hope this post helps someone.
Cyberpunk 2077 PC Best Settings: Improve Performance By Up To 35% - With Minimal Impact To Visuals! - YouTube

Ryzen 5 2600 @4,1GHZ
RX Vega 56 @1700MHZ (MSI Air Boost OC Edition)
G.Skill TridentZ 16GB @ 2933mhz
MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Low settings with lowest resolution 10-15 FPS
Ultra settings at FHD 15 FPS (with a GPU power consumption of about 50-70 Watt)
CPU Usage: 40-60 %, GPU Usage: Is going between 10-90 % changing non stop

I tried a diffrent GPU but the problem is keep going.

GJ CDP

I think i am the exception here, i delay to buy the game waiting for the paths, i buy it when the 1.06 arrive.
My specs.
Processor AMD Threadripper 2990wx 32 cores - Using PBO to 300w, no dynamic local mode, can get to 4.0/4.1ghz.
BaseBoard Product MSI MEG x399.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB (2933mhz)
Display Adapter GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 (Just the basic OC that comes from the box)
SSD - 960pro (where the game is) and a 970pro (where win is, both 1tb).
My display is the predator with g-sync on, i put the monitor on 120hz.

My game don´t have a single performance problem, nothing, RTX on and most stuff on ultra, i don´t touch the setting that the game recommend, i just put the people traffic to max, just to see a lot of people walking around, to be honest, the performance on cyberpunk is much better than the performance on hitman2.

To be picky, sometimes, i can see a car loading the texture, going from the LOD 3 to 1, but is just sometimes, i had a problem with the sound, was easy to fix, i have a xonar stx, but the problem was outside their drivers.

Anyone else?
I, but it is not a matter of the rtx, it is the set due to the amount of load to the processor, for when the failure happens it gives the feeling that it is due to the GPU, I with a rayzen 1920x threat reaper, something old is already like 4 years with me, That works in normal mode at 3.5 I do not have enough, thanks to the fact that you mount these processors with a minimum gamer MSI board, I allow myself the luxury of with a simple marker raise or lower the power without having to mess with the unknown voltage, for the Most, which is self-powered, I have gone up to 4.0 (4.1 is "gamemode") and of course the problems disappear, I have also been forced to use an SSD instead of having it installed in an HDD there is the problem with loading textures too.
The point is, if a processor like this that allows you and is designed to fiddle with it and dope it as much as you want (liquid cooling and food =) has problems performing at what points the game is going to drop you 50 npc, when you go at full speed with it car, I do not want to imagine normal processors that are not designed to fiddle with them too much how they will manage, it does not matter if you have an RTX3080 or 90 if the processor is not of the same value ... we are talking about running the game at ALL currently has a lack of optimization, etc.

The only configuration values that are going to change this fr u are not even located in the "graphics" section. You have it in "playability"; slow hard disk mode and population density

played about 80 hours - graphics, after a lot of tinkering, not ideal but playable. SUDDENLY yesterday it has become completely unplayable - like lag beyond, even in the introductory screens.
this was true across all my games, but the rest seem to have come good (eg destiny 2)
anyone else?

Top Bottom