Person in distress in velen no key bug

+
Just to let everyone know, the bug has been fixed!
I logged on after downloading the patch and went to the person in distress' location, the cage was opened and I talked to the merchant, grabbed my final cards and boom I completed the achievement...

Last edited:
i'm at work right now. exciting news. can anyone else confirm this? I may go home tonight and finally finish my first playthrough!

Can't express my gratitude to the whole CDPR team. Thank you for giving me my platinum after so many hours of exciting gameplay. Waiting patiently for NG+ to start this epic game once again. Thank you, thank you!!!

Attachments

• Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
    Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 54
I was able to free the merchant before the patch, but het never appeared in Claywich and after the patch he still doesn't. I need to more Gwent cards to get them all and he sells them (or he should if he was present in the game) :(

Still no merchant in Claywich, 1.08 didn't fix shit. My merchant was free but he never arrived at Claywich. How hard is it to drag and drop that merchant in town so we can all buy our cards.

---------- Updated at 06:25 PM ----------

And no, I'm not going to spend 200+ hours again on a new game because CDPR can't get their shit together and release a working product. I'ts almost 4 months now, Im getting so sick of this.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue as well.

Still no merchant in Claywich, 1.08 didn't fix shit. My merchant was free but he never arrived at Claywich. How hard is it to drag and drop that merchant in town so we can all buy our cards.

---------- Updated at 06:25 PM ----------

And no, I'm not going to spend 200+ hours again on a new game because CDPR can't get their shit together and release a working product. I'ts almost 4 months now, Im getting so sick of this.

Still after 1.08 no bandits or key

Even before 1.08 I arrived to the person in distress and the bandits were to high of a level for me to fight. After gaining a few levels I returned to that location and discovered that the bandits disappeared completely! I was to far ahead in story progression to reload back to that point in time. After reading on forums that many other people had this problem, I was hoping with 1.08 that this would be fixed but it has not for me; especially since this problem affects trophy progression. After already sinking 100+ hours into w3 and going for a one clear 100% trophy run, I most certainly do not want to restart my progression (what if I restart and the problem persists?). Please patch (and patch it right!) this so the merchant so some of us can enjoy on of the most integral parts of the game (and one of my favorite aspects of w3.).
-this is on ps4

I honestly have no idea. I went to the location, freed the bandit, meditated for a few days and he popped up in claywich...

Hello, same problem on European PS4 version. In my version of the bug, the first time (once upon a loooong time), no merchant in the cage but bandits and the key... But the key not worked in the empty cage. After a time, I returned in this zone, and merchant appeared but not interaction was possible, and bandits who respawned had no key on them.

After patch 1.08, my merchant's still in his adorable cage, without possibility to let it go... It seems I have a "bandit's key" in my inventory (in Quest Objects) but it does nothing. When I'm approching the cage, I have the option to "open" the door (or talk to him), but nothing happens when I press my button X. I hoped so much that the new patch correct this when I read the notes but not... It's really frustrating now, 3 months that I see him behind his bars, like a monkey in a zoo ! :upset:
Why CD Projekt no wants simply "teleport" him in the next town, or give his damn cards to an another regular merchant, to FINALLY end this comedy ??? It's cool to avoid this bug to newcomers, it would be better to correct it too when it already triggered in a game...
Ca devient vraiment un gag de répétition à la Max Pecas...

EDIT : I join a short clip to show this version of the bug.

Last edited:

Guest 3844483

Hi guys,

i am still waiting for a fix. Why is it not possible to let the merchant just appear in Claywich????
I freed him before the patch but he never arrived there. Or please make the cards available elswere. This is really annoying!!!

I have the same problem. The key is nowhere to be found.
Do I gotta start over a 4th time for these 5 cards?

Any chance this weeks patch will fix that shit?
I havent been able to complete my deck as well. Having some strange issues... but Im not sure if i know how many cards I have left to find. I found a list of gwent cards here (gwent cards list). Can anybody tell me is this a good source? Im also waiting for some bug fixes, or at least hopping it will be fixed. THX...

I had an issue with the Claywich merchant after doing the quests in an "out of order" way.

On my way back from the Crones, I picked up the Foglet contract, cleared the drowner nest and then headed back towards Crow's Perch via the boat and bandit camp.
I had not done the other 'tasks' on the road to Claywich, so after successfully killing the bandits and freeing the merchant he unspawned when I rode ahead to deal with the en-route quests that pop up.
Bridge bandits (talked away) ~ also the drowner spawn didn't happen, because I still had the claywich and boatmaker's mini-quests uncompleted.

I couldn't find the merchant again so headed to Claywich, where he wasn't immediately visible (nighttime arrival). I meditated till just after dawn, then had a merchant I couldn't interact with on his spot outside his hut. It wasn't a problem to get him active though, I just meditated (using friendly hud) until he disappeared (around 9am), then walked off into the village. He then respawned and became visible on the minimap and could be interacted with.

Previously, with a clear road, I have been able to ride with him all the way back to Claywich, and to then immediately interact with him, so this was "new and interesting". I

Top Bottom