Philippa's Base Strength is too High

+
Philippa's Base Strength is too High

So, someone used it against me today, i was Northern Realms, and she was more a benefit to me than an issue. Buffed the units she did reduce right up with thunderbolt and won the round. Reduce her to like 8 or 6 strength.

I think you meant "phillipa too weak" right?

And yes, they should reduce her strength to pre-nerf levels or make her loyal/disloyal again. Like many pointed out on the occasion, only 2 of the 3 nerfs would suffice and they eventually will have to bring her to that level.

Laveley;n7227320 said:
I think you meant "phillipa too weak" right?

And yes, they should reduce her strength to pre-nerf levels or make her loyal/disloyal again. Like many pointed out on the occasion, only 2 of the 3 nerfs would suffice and they eventually will have to bring her to that level.

Too strong as in the enemy benefits more from her than the one using her. Keep her as disloyal and reduce her strength to 6 or 8.

DirkAustin;n7227780 said:
Too strong as in the enemy benefits more from her than the one using her. Keep her as disloyal and reduce her strength to 6 or 8.

Oh i get it, you are saying her base strength is too high. Yes, i agree with you.

Laveley;n7227850 said:
Oh i get it, you are saying her base strength is too high. Yes, i agree with you.

That's because you are using her in early stages of the game. I lost a round just because of her. Use her in the correct situation.

Phillipa is a tough card to balance because there is no limit on how many points she can destroy.
Compare here to say, radovid or triss, they will never do more than 8 or 4 damage, whislt Phillipa can go up to 200 and more in the right circumstances.

She is just situational atm, which is bad for a gold card, but at the same time there is no limit on her damage, making her really strong in the right situation.
(basicly, she is a "good weather nuke" a weapon of mass destruction which only works when the sun is out).

Don't get me wrong, i love Phillipa even as she is now (makes for a great combo with radovid) but at the same time i can see that for her power she is diffecult to balance.

I think at some point, they gonna change her power to -2 to every unit on the row while removing any buff's and change her base strenght and disloyal/loyal attrubutes accordingly.

Last edited:
Zarok47;n7233290 said:
Phillipa is a tough card to balance because there is no limit on how many points she can destroy.
Compare here to say, radovid or triss, they will never do more than 8 or 4 damage, whislt Phillipa can go up to 200 and more in the right circumstances.

She is just situational atm, which is bad for a gold card, but at the same time there is no limit on her damage, making her really strong in the right situation.
(basicly, she is a "good weather nuke" a weapon of mass destruction which only works when the sun is out).

Don't get me wrong, i love Phillipa even as she is now (makes for a great combo with radovid) but at the same time i can see that for her power she is diffecult to balance.

I think at some point, they gonna change her power to -2 to every unit on the row while removing any buff's and change her base strenght and disloyal/loyal attrubutes accordingly.

True. Your suggestion will make her more suitable for most of situation, but Phillipa wont be a "game changer" after those modifications.

Yep, before the patch it was too strong, now it's harmful more often than not. Dropped her off the deck for now.

Incidentally, Philippa was one of the 3 legendary choices from my keg last night. Remembering all discussions surrounding her and her uncertain future, I decided to pass on her. Welcome Borkh Three Jackdaws!

I think the real problem is, that she is nothing more than a gold weather card, no, even worse, as weather doesn't add strenght to your opponent.

psyde3p;n7233970 said:
I think the real problem is, that she is nothing more than a gold weather card, no, even worse, as weather doesn't add strenght to your opponent.

Weather effects can be cancelled with Clear Sky, Philippa is permanent. Meaning in certain situations she is better. But that doesn't mean she is worth a gold slot or the legendary status. Making her silver could be a good improvement.

4RM3D;n7234260 said:
Weather effects can be cancelled with Clear Sky, Philippa is permanent. Meaning in certain situations she is better. But that doesn't mean she is worth a gold slot or the legendary status. Making her silver could be a good improvement.

I would not say Philippa is permanent but more like she requires a specific card, and only 1 copy of it is allowed, which is a direct counter to her; D-bomb.
reducing to 1 but not removing stuff is bad play unless it is the last card played.

DirkAustin;n7226760 said:
So, someone used it against me today, i was Northern Realms, and she was more a benefit to me than an issue. Buffed the units she did reduce right up with thunderbolt and won the round. Reduce her to like 8 or 6 strength.

I think its hilarious that you want to further nerf a deck that has been nerfed more than any of the other decks. Philippa already got nerfed, stennis got nerfed, field medics got nerfed twice, priscilla got nerfed, dandelion got nerfed, all of the medic cards like shani, nenneke, bloody baron got nerfed. The siege card that removes 2 strength got nerfed. Promote strategy got nerfed. The only good strategy left is control. They can't nerf this deck any more or it will be completely useless.

DirkAustin;n7226760 said:

lets say the person did not have Philippa, do you think that would have affect the outcome? since you are able to recover frmo the lost of points and beat him/her in that round, she did not cause much dmg to you and Philippa made hardly any difference. You also did not provide information on how much str she took away from you (net strength after considering her srength) which makes judgment on her power in your case - subjective.

Astavious;n7234430 said:
I would not say Philippa is permanent but more like she requires a specific card, and only 1 copy of it is allowed, which is a direct counter to her; D-bomb.
reducing to 1 but not removing stuff is bad play unless it is the last card played.

Ah yes, forgot about that. Regardless, being a golden legendary is still not worth it.

gamingdevil800;n7234450 said:
I think its hilarious that you want to further nerf a deck that has been nerfed more than any of the other decks. Philippa already got nerfed, stennis got nerfed, field medics got nerfed twice, priscilla got nerfed, dandelion got nerfed, all of the medic cards like shani, nenneke, bloody baron got nerfed. The siege card that removes 2 strength got nerfed. Promote strategy got nerfed. The only good strategy left is control. They can't nerf this deck any more or it will be completely useless.

Reducing a disloyal unit's power results in it being better :)

Title does seem a little misleading, although it is 100% accurate

What? Where did he talk about nerfing her? Reducing her STR is a buff, cause she's disloyal so she gives less STR to the enemy.

Astavious;n7234460 said:
lets say the person did not have Philippa, do you think that would have affect the outcome? since you are able to recover frmo the lost of points and beat him/her in that round, she did not cause much dmg to you and Philippa made hardly any difference. You also did not provide information on how much str she took away from you (net strength after considering her srength) which makes judgment on her power in your case - subjective.

It would have made a big difference since she gave me only a small boost but a boost nonetheless to win the round. I was thankful for having her, being Northern Realms. I would have lost if it was a weather effect instead of her and probably even if she just were a 6 or 8. I dont remember the numbers, but it cut it really close.

Did you actually read my posts or just react to the thread title? Because its not a nerf, its a buff as others already said. And all the things you mentioned had to be fixed, if you think they were balanced then why are we even here for?

Snfonseka;n7232850 said:
That's because you are using her in early stages of the game. I lost a round just because of her. Use her in the correct situation.

Problem is against many decks, this correct situation may never come, all control deck comes into mind. And playing gold that is good only in some situation and only against some strategies is very, very bad idea. They should make her back to be loyal / disloyal, or they could reduce her base power more or make her affect gold again. But I think first option will be best to make her more balanced against different decks, other options make her maybe too powerful against some strategies but still pretty bad against control.

Top Bottom