New Ending (SPOILER ALERT)

+
Nah bro. This ending sucks. I know 2077 isn't about "happy endings" and all, but I'm the type of guy who gets WAY TOO emotionally invested. I got spoiled on the ending, and I gotta say, it kinda soured my excitement a bit. I wanted something happier. V gets to live, but loses two years of his life and everyone else (besides Vik) moves on. Judy moves to Pittsburgh and gets married, River was forced to sell out secrets to pay for Randy's treatment and refuses to see you outta self-shame, Kerry is too busy for you, and Panam doesn't even answer you (and Mitch says in a post-credit scene that Panam has a deep grudge because she trusted V and he disappeared). Nah, I'll stick with the original Nomad ending.

I sure hope that once CDPR makes the Cyberpunk sequel, and if they choose to continue V's story, make the new Phantom Liberty ending NON-CANON. Plus, V is useless in that ending anyway. Can't work as a merc as his body rejects all combat implants. Make the Nomad ending canon and set the sequel in a different city! Seeing other cities in 2077's cyberized world would be quite interesting. Plus, I'm biased. Panam became one of my favorite video-game characters EVER (her personality and loyalty is just 10/10) and V loses her and everyone else.

Lemme take a break and play the game later. Regardless, I won't be choosing the new ending anyways. xD

I think it's a fantastic ending really.

You get to live out your life as a data analyst for the NUSA and without the violence of a street merc. You can also build new relationships.

Yeah, Judy got married. Good for her. Happy ending.

River sold out to save Randy? Good for him. Fuck the NCPD.

Would I have preferred for V to combine endings with "Never Fade Away" and save themselves? Yes. But you get to live out a long happy life in peace.

So? Wouldn't your lover be by your damn side when you wake up? That's how relationships work. Your partner doesn't just up and leave because you're in a goddamn coma.

I mean they do if you disappear to a blacksite run in a foreign country.

V would be a real selfish asshole if they expected their loved ones to wait while they vanished to an uncertain fate.

I have one ending in mind, and it is quite vivid as my imagination permits.

V is successful at the Crystal Palace raid, wakes up in a bionic body, one just like Adam Smasher had, and gets out in the city to rule like Adam Smasher would without `saka leash around his neck.

Given enough time, I might create / mod-in a vid to showcase it. I found a perfect retrowave song to be the cover.
Meanwhile, mere words will make due.

I mean they do if you disappear to a blacksite run in a foreign country.

V would be a real selfish asshole if they expected their loved ones to wait while they vanished to an uncertain fate.
V should have been able to call them like they could in The Devil ending. This is bullshit. So in order for V to 'survive', they have to be alone? I just wanted an ending where V gets to live with Kerry, even if it meant him being unable to merc or use cyberware. I sincerely hope that the sequel has V in it. I would prefer another game with my character finding a cure that doesn't involve giving up their found fam/friends/lover.

Besides, for what it is worth now that the DLC is out, I haven't made my mind up just yet — but, with some likelihood, my V would just enter the dogtown with guns blazing and cleanse it of any life, including the president. Then, kick the door on her way out, and hang the sign 'Closed'. I wonder how that is going to check out against the actual gameplay freedom that the game offers.

V should have been able to call them like they could in The Devil ending. This is bullshit. So in order for V to 'survive', they have to be alone? I just wanted an ending where V gets to live with Kerry, even if it meant him being unable to merc or use cyberware. I sincerely hope that the sequel has V in it. I would prefer another game with my character finding a cure that doesn't involve giving up their found fam/friends/lover.

I mean, do you think V won't be able to make friends in their extended life or repair old relationships? I feel like people have a weird reaction to this ending.

I felt it was very hopeful. They've left behind Night City.

Besides, for what it is worth now that the DLC is out, I haven't made my mind up just yet — but, with some likelihood, my V would just enter the dogtown with guns blazing and cleanse it of any life, including the president. Then, kick the door on her way out, and hang the sign 'Closed'. I wonder how that is going to check out against the actual gameplay freedom that the game offers.

I mean, you don't have to side with the NUSA.

You can choose Songbird over Myers. It's just no one seems to want to "David her Lucy."

And I mean NO ONE.

I mean, you don't have to side with the NUSA.

You can choose Songbird over Myers. It's just no one seems to want to "David her Lucy."

And I mean NO ONE.
Still no commitments.

The tune I briefly expressed was along the lines of siding with no one 'cept as their death archangel.

And why? The same reason Saka Tower and the Crystal Palace get raided. For funsies. Bozo Ozob would approve.

Yea had a feeling the endings would be crap. They removed any and all reason to bother with love interests. I won't be buying this dlc until its in the bargin bin for a very reduced price.
The gameplay is good from what I've seen, but as I said before 2.0 if the ending isnt a happy ending where V gets to live their lives with their love interest then there is no point in bothering with this dlc.

Yea had a feeling the endings would be crap. They removed any and all reason to bother with love interests. I won't be buying this dlc until its in the bargin bin for a very reduced price.
The gameplay is good from what I've seen, but as I said before 2.0 if the ending isnt a happy ending where V gets to live their lives with their love interest then there is no point in bothering with this dlc.

I feel like the ending is exceptionally well done and probably the best. I feel like any ending without any consequence would be trash.

My first play through of PL, which i just finished few hours ago, was played from a simple perspective.

SB was the Client and V protected her to the end, and i thought it was pretty decent albeit felt cheesy having watched that anime

Having read the comments here i may just stick to this ending for PL, i don't mind everyone moving on, i just can't picture any of my V's as a desk worker :") 😂😂 i'll need to see it for myself though to see if it's as cringe as it sounds, luckily I'm playing through it again the now an i was planning on going i assume the Reed route anyhow.

Right!?

I'm surprised they made an ending where V survives at all. Yet, here we are and people are still complaining. People wanted a fairy tale ending apparently which would have been so out of place.
My only big problem is that Johnny has to be destroyed, and I like him enough to not let him fade away.
The positive side of the story is that there are ways to really save V, so I prefer Don't Fear the Reaper ending where V probably will have a chance to find a cure.

Top Bottom