Platform Discussion Thread

+

Which API do you think CP 2077 will use?

• Total voters
Where would i even start? Wine-install GOG under linux? What's the basic rundown of what needs to be done?
* sudo apt-get install proton?
* wine gog-installer.exe?
* wine gog -> install 2077?
* proton -> 2077 main executable?
I believe the way you would phrase this question is:

"Hi! I'm brand new to Linux. Never used it before. Do you have a guide or something that can get me started?"

Nah, it's been my main platform for over a decade. Thing is most cross-platform stuff either just works or require individual approach. GOG obviously doesn't just work.. so i'm looking either for 2077 specific how-to or just the general steps people have taken to get it running.

I'm not using GOG Galaxy client, but I'm using lgogdownloader for updating the game.

You can try installing it in Wine using downloadable installers as well.

Also, note that you need Wine esync / fsync for better performance. It's apparently pretty criticial for CP2077 and as well TW3 in DX12 mode.
Post automatically merged:

The way to use lgogdownloader to fetch the game with updates:

Code:
cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c
lgogdownloader --galaxy-platform w --galaxy-delete-orphans --subdir-galaxy-install "cyberpunk_2077" --galaxy-install 1423049311

Notes:

* $WINEPREFIX is where you set up your Wine prefix location for the game)
* 1423049311 is GOG game id (see https://www.gogdb.org/product/1423049311).

The way I launch the game is using my own custom script set up.

Also, if you want a relatively easy way to manage and launch the game, you can try Lutris:

Also, you obviously need vkd3d-proton in addition to regular Wine. Not sure if you are familiar with that in general or not, but it was good to mention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom