Playing Dice?

+
Playing Dice?

Hello,

It's been a long time since I've played dice in TW1 and so I've basically forgotten how to play.

Maybe somebody could refresh my memory on what I'm trying to get with the dice. Is it like poker, where I want to get like 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 6 of the same, or 3 of the same and 2 of the same etc?

Also, I seem to have a problem rolling the dice, in one game all the dice rolled out of the board, and so no dice were put on my slot after the roll, no foul message, nothing, the game went on as usual other than I had no dice to reroll. Should this happen?

It seems the only way that I can 'roll' the dice is to simply drop them from my virtual hand, else I lose at least a couple of them off the board, this seems strange to me that they are rolling out of the playing field and I'm not getting to at least keep what ever it rolls.

Thanks

All dices that goes off the board becomes "dead" you should always be cautious when you throw. You can throw a little bit, but keep the mouse movement when throwing relatively slow.

It's the following order to get pot from worst to best.

Highest dice (Example, 6,3,1,4,2)
One Pair (Example, 3,3,4,1,5)
Two Pair (Example, 3,3,4,4,6)
Three of a kind (3,3,3,4,6)
A low straight (1-5)
A high straight (2-6)
Full house (Example, 3,3,3,4,4)
Four of a Kind (Example, 3,3,3,3,4)
Five of a kind (Example, 3,3,3,3,3)

Meaning, if you have three of a kind and your opponent two pair, you will win. If both people have three of a kind the person with the strongest three of a kind will win the pot.

Kuplo said:
Hello,

It's been a long time since I've played dice in TW1 and so I've basically forgotten how to play.

Maybe somebody could refresh my memory on what I'm trying to get with the dice. Is it like poker, where I want to get like 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 6 of the same, or 3 of the same and 2 of the same etc?

Also, I seem to have a problem rolling the dice, in one game all the dice rolled out of the board, and so no dice were put on my slot after the roll, no foul message, nothing, the game went on as usual other than I had no dice to reroll. Should this happen?

It seems the only way that I can 'roll' the dice is to simply drop them from my virtual hand, else I lose at least a couple of them off the board, this seems strange to me that they are rolling out of the playing field and I'm not getting to at least keep what ever it rolls.

Thanks

Yes, it's basically like poker.
It goes:
highest die
one pair
two pair
three of a kind
straight 1-5
straight 2-6
full house (3 of a kind + a pair)
four of a kind
five of a kind
The full house mechanic is different though, and I couldn't quite figure out how the winner is determined if both players have different full houses - it's not like in poker, I think it's the first one to have it wins or something.

The rolling is fine. Try to move your cursor slowly when holding the LMB and you shouldn't have trouble with dice flying off and poking bystanders' eyes out. :)

Edit: Ninja'd by seconds

Aaden said:
The full house mechanic is different though, and I couldn't quite figure out how the winner is determined if both players have different full houses - it's not like in poker, I think it's the first one to have it wins or something.
Edit: Ninja'd by seconds
A full house should follow the logic that the person who have the strongest Three pair will win, if both are equal it will be decided on the second pair.

If you are upset about it, I can remove my topic to your liking.

Juuuhan said:
A full house should follow the logic that the person who have the strongest Three pair will win, if both are equal it will be decided on the second pair.

If you are upset about it, I can remove my topic to your liking.
No, no, I'm not upset, just kidding. ;)

And you're right about the full house - but it does NOT function that way. That's what's so irritating about it.

Yeah, the full house rule that the game uses is the higher pair or triplet wins.

Thus 6-6-1-1-1 beats 5-5-5-4-4, even though it would be the other way around IRL.

Top Bottom