Please allow us to reset our attribute points after 1.5 patch

+
As I understand it the reason that you can't reset attribute points is because they also affect dialogue choices and therefore story branches in the game. So if you were to allow players to reallocate then some would just max-min for combat and redistribute for their preferred dialogues.

I think one of the Devs (can't remember if it was Sasko or Weber) explained that it would be game breaking because of the way the engine keeps track of your options and decisions.

i am coming to terms with the new system. while it slows down my movement with the sniper i am using it just fine. i just need to adjust my distance and get a clear map of my targets before i fire my first shot. not really crippling but it does force me to think more and change up my game play.

This new patch only affected 1 weapon i use and i am sure others were hit harder, if they do adjust it to were you get a 1 time reset i would understand why, changing the requirements have locked a lot of players from using the things they could previously use

Hello. Got into 1.5 and noticed that it says I have spent 9 perk points and have 106 still left. Well I didn't spend any points yet and it shows no place the 9 have been allocated.

In previous versions of rhe game I believed it allow you to find a few additional perk points out in the wild.

Is it because of this I don't have these 9 now? On Xbox X.
I have more than 20 perkpoints that are in hiatus (wtf). And my build is done for since I cannot reallocate the attributes.
also my clothes are level 50 now? while my character is level 49

I deleted CP2077 from my Xbox because I won’t spend so many hours again just that they break it again in a future patch.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have more than 20 perkpoints that are in hiatus (wtf). And my build is done for since I cannot reallocate the attributes.
also my clothes are level 50 now? while my character is level 49

I deleted CP2077 from my Xbox because I won’t spend so many hours again just that they break it again in a future patch.
These points, I didn't verify, but these "points" are not points that were removed from the skills trees (those that you earned by level up crafting, cool, quick hack, blades,...) So if they were "removed" from the skill trees, there also were removed from your total perk points (but not sure, it require to count each point to earn in each skill trees before and after 1.5)
But if you uninstall the game, I suppose you don't care ;)

These points, I didn't verify, but these "points" are not points that were removed from the skills trees (those that you earned by level up crafting, cool, quick hack, blades,...) So if they were "removed" from the skill trees, there also were removed from your total perk points (but not sure, it require to count each point to earn in each skill trees before and after 1.5)
But if you uninstall the game, I suppose you don't care ;)
Well counting is pretty tedious since you get points for levelling up the different attributes. I only noticed that I Could spec less perks (if I recall correctly). All just speculation since I cannot go back in version (Xbox Series X here)
Also respec won’t help me since I cannot use my armor any more.
I care a lot since I payed full price on release and now over a year later (with game costing a fraction) I wanted to play another playthrough and tried my old save first. But when they break my char now, I think they will break it again in a future patch.

Last edited:
Well counting is pretty tedious since you get points for levelling up the different attributes. And I don’t remember where I got the shards. I only noticed that I Could spec less perks (if I recall correctly). All just speculation since I cannot go back in version (Xbox Series X here)
Also respec won’t help me since I cannot use my armor any more.

I care a lot since I payed full price on release and now over a year later (with game costing a fraction) I wanted to play another playthrough and tried my old save first. But when they break my char now, I think they will break it again in a future patch.
Post automatically merged:

Well counting is pretty tedious since you get points for levelling up the different attributes. I only noticed that I Could spec less perks (if I recall correctly). All just speculation since I cannot go back in version.

I care a lot since I payed full price on release and now 2 I wanted to play another playthrough and tried my old save first. But when they break my char now, I think they will break it again in a future patch.
Ok, also on Series X, but I deleted all my saves before starting freshly in 1.5 (but I suppose that all my characters would had the same "reset").
But it's the very first time since the release where the changes are so "deep" that it require a "reset". I suppose it won't happen again for a very long while (and as far as I can say, this changes are quite welcome) ;)

Ok, also on Series X, but I deleted all my saves before starting freshly in 1.5 (but I suppose that all my characters would had the same "reset").
But it's the very first time since the release where the changes are so "deep" that it require a "reset". I suppose it won't happen again for a very long while (and as far as I can say, this changes are quite welcome) ;)
Dunno. Never heard of any rpg that broke the build with an update. So maybe the same comes around next time they do a major patch. I am too tired to try.
Also i don’t like to loose progress. The game was a problem child from start to finish

Dunno. Never heard of any rpg that broke the build with an update. So maybe the same comes around next time they do a major patch. I am too tired to try
I don't know for RPG (but maybe none have required/introduced a deep changes like that).
But I play few games where updates required to scraps saves/progressions ;)

Edit : I take a look on some perks, and values/bonus have changed, so even without the reset, most probably builds were "broken" or didn't work as before (so it would require a paid reset anyway)

As I understand it the reason that you can't reset attribute points is because they also affect dialogue choices and therefore story branches in the game. So if you were to allow players to reallocate then some would just max-min for combat and redistribute for their preferred dialogues.

I think one of the Devs (can't remember if it was Sasko or Weber) explained that it would be game breaking because of the way the engine keeps track of your options and decisions.
You could use a mod that let you reset your attributes prior to this and from where I've seen and been told it's not game breaking

for PC user, download save manager on cyberpunk2077 nexus and set the attribute/skill as you prefer.....it's a cheat? yes, but even change suddenly the balance of the game preventing you to use weapons that you normally used before (!) is a cheat 🙄:rolleyes:

for PC user, download save manager on cyberpunk2077 nexus and set the attribute/skill as you prefer.....it's a cheat? yes, but even change suddenly the balance of the game preventing you to use weapons that you normally used before (!) is a cheat 🙄:rolleyes:
I don't know how I feel about this, I noticed last night that carnage and the defender now require body 10, in the weapon description it says "to be most effective" or something like that, I didn't try them because I have an assault rifle build, but I will later. Does it mean you can't use them at all below 10 body or that they are just less accurate?

For the defender I could kinda see how a my 50kg V could struggle to swing it around so it makes sense that it would be less effective. I was able to pick up a heavy machine gun though...... So if you can't use the others it seems a bit weird.

I don't know how I feel about this, I noticed last night that carnage and the defender now require body 10, in the weapon description it says "to be most effective" or something like that, I didn't try them because I have an assault rifle build, but I will later. Does it mean you can't use them at all below 10 body or that they are just less accurate?

For the defender I could kinda see how a my 50kg V could struggle to swing it around so it makes sense that it would be less effective. I was able to pick up a heavy machine gun though...... So if you can't use the others it seems a bit weird.
I'm not sure either. There's always been level requirements on weapons and clothes. Have they just adjusted them? Or is the link to attributes a new thing (I know it was there for forcing doors etc but can't remember if it was put on weapons)? I've started a new play-through and have picked up Defender, like you say it says 'full potential at Body 10', but it's locked completely at the moment (I'm Level 6, Body 6).

Afraid my V's are all a bit disposable and I'm quite happy to start a new play-through - it feels like a nicely refreshed game TBH, with different perks, clothing mods working differently and more, and actually I didn't want to continue with the character I had. But I can totally understand how it feels to be part-way through with a fully-equipped V who suddenly can't use their gear. Your character has been changed underneath you.

Nope you can use them.
They are less accurate and they have a huge recoil. In short if you use a grad without the body requirement, you will see the sky after each shot :D
Not too serious on a grad (sniper), but on Defender, not so cool and difficult to aim while keep shoting.

Nope you can use them.
They are less accurate and they have a huge recoil. In short if you use a grad without the body requirement, you will see the sky after each shot :D
Not too serious on a grad (sniper), but on Defender, not so cool and difficult to aim while keep shoting.
So I see from the web, Defender used to need Body 6, so it's been bumped up a little. Still locked for me.

I'm not sure either. There's always been level requirements on weapons and clothes. Have they just adjusted them? Or is the link to attributes a new thing (I know it was there for forcing doors etc but can't remember if it was put on weapons)? I've started a new play-through and have picked up Defender, like you say it says 'full potential at Body 10', but it's locked completely at the moment (I'm Level 6, Body 6).

Afraid my V's are all a bit disposable and I'm quite happy to start a new play-through - it feels like a nicely refreshed game TBH, with different perks, clothing mods working differently and more, and actually I didn't want to continue with the character I had. But I can totally understand how it feels to be part-way through with a fully-equipped V who suddenly can't use their gear. Your character has been changed underneath you.

Oh no that is a bit different, the equipment was liked to street cred & levels before. I'm surprised at the body requirements being so high though, I was doing the pick up when I collected the defender and none of my stats are anywhere near 10 at this point, I think my character is something like level 6.

I like the idea of the stat changing the effectiveness but not the total gating, maybe that's coming later?

Is a bit disjointed though, there was a heavy machine gun to pick up in the
rescue, which I don't remember before, why can I use that but not the defender!

Nope you can use them.
Hadn't seen this

Oh no that is a bit different, the equipment was liked to street cred & levels before. I'm surprised at the body requirements being so high though, I was doing the pick up when I collected the defender and none of my stats are anywhere near 10 at this point, I think my character is something like level 6.

I like the idea of the stat changing the effectiveness but not the total gating, maybe that's coming later?

Is a bit disjointed though, there was a heavy machine gun to pick up in the
rescue, which I don't remember before, why can I use that but not the defender!

Hadn't seen this
Always have body 5 at max (Brendan requirement). But it didn't stop me to use Overwatch, Comrade Hammer and few other ones anyway.
The recoil is insane, it's not really accurate, but it work (not at full potential indeed) :)

Edit : It was like that since release, if they only increase the Body requirement, it's the same but it need higher Body.

Top Bottom