Please Nerf the Nilfgaard - it's way too imbalanced

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what I was referring to, cause it was many things, some of them from years ago. That looks like stating opinions/assumption as facts, again.

You're doing the very thing you're accusing me of. Pot, kettle, black?
And you're resorting to personal attacks, too, so I'm done here.

I don't, and it honestly isn't important for this arument, because it's completely safe to assume that some things in the game were in a broken state at some point and that people complained about it - because this is how competitive balance cycles work in general, not just in this game. Metagame wouldn't even be a term if it weren't the case. So no, I'm not, in fact, doing the same thing.

And the bit about ad hominem and personal attacks? Completely true, I acknowledge it. At least they were direct attacks, and not sly dismissals based on rhetoric you seem to favor. The latter is considerably more haughty and degrading than the former, because it carries a strong undertones of disrespect and perceived superiority. Just for the record - I'm not trying to exculpate myself, I merely point out how your regular line of talking is significantly more offensive.

Anyway, I'm also done here.

I think people can see the intentions of the writer be they sly or more ouvert.

There's no need to end the debate because of personal offense, you're both free to do so anyway.
Everyone sees their "truth" as something valueable, and others arguments can feel "attacking". We can have some rough play and some veiled insults, as long as we don't take it personal or more serious than it is.

Returning to the topic:

For the most part I have no trouble beating Ng, I lose to them sometimes too, but as you can see my biggest foes as an SK main are NR and SC and even the "underpowered" MO:

[Images removed! Please, obfuscate the player's names first]

Those are the olny ranked I played this week at around rank 5. I tend to prefer casual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4368268

I like the fact mill exists (in its current form) that is to say, it plays with very little points.
When you play mill you're playing 4 point expensive bronzes and even golds. Tibor and Vilgefortz are plays with potential and sometimes Cantarella, but that's about it. Two rounding it with any half decent deck (even a card down) should be plausible. I think mill as an archetype should be viable only in a specific meta like the Crach-Lippy list from ages ago that get super greedy. It makes matchups feel unique even if the sequencing is largely foretold.

I encounter mill no more than once every 100 matches and I don't mind when I do. Ironically, of all the current NG lists it's probably the least 'toxic' one and I never thought I'd say that about mill. :coolstory:

Guest 4398794

Many who tries to defend NG, or just thinks the arguments against NG are nonsense, they just simply don't play against them that much to have a proper overview of the NG bs situation in the game. Or they just are already in the pro rank where players tend to play more meme decks , experimenting and such.

If you don't understand the situation the people who complain are in, then just better go do a new account try it out yourself for 2-3 weeks to climb on the ladder, and your personal opinion will quickly change.

The diversity is key to nit be bored . And right now NG overwhelm in the ledder , and really few decks can beat them, even if the NG players are nit good.players.
Post automatically merged:

And the same arguments over and over and over again (repeating them doesn't make them any stronger, quite the opposite), even getting somewhat hostile. This is why those NG hate threads get downvoted; they're all just the same thing posted a hundred times.
And they will be reposted until the changes come.

Just because you don't understand the situation the complainers are in, and you don't have the same amount of frustration towards a faction, it doesn't mean it's not true, and don't need a fix.
Post automatically merged:

The answer is in your own post. If people don't care about it then it's not a strong argument (anymore) as far as effectiveness goes.
Lol. Since when an arguments validity is based on who cares about it or not?

What!? I don't even know where to start... personal attacks, off-topicness, recycled arguments, overall hostility. I thought you'all disliked poison? Yet, I see too much of it flowing through the veins of this thread with a lot of toxicity. This "discussion" has become more broken than Nilfgaard ever was. A lot of bottled up frustration and hate, I sense. When these emotions lead the way, the destination is not going to be pretty. For now, everything has been said and very little new discussion value has been generated.

So, the rules are going to change. When starting a new discussion about Nilfgaard, either make a suggestion on how to improve the faction or talk about specific aspects of said faction (e.g. comparing bronzes). Because these mega-threads aren't helping anyone anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom