Please revise the Leader taunts

+
Someone else raised a topic about toxic game play and I believe these are a part of the reason for it.
I think some of the Leader taunts promote this kind of toxic behaviour. I understand it's a game and all but when a part of the gameplay is a clear mockery of your opponent what do you expect?

CDPR please revise and change the most childish ones. Your target audience is hardly less than 10 year olds and it seems some of the taunts would be enjoyed mostly by that populace and hardcore internet trolls. If you want to insult the opponent's skills at least do it with style.

Someone else raised a topic about toxic game play and I believe these are a part of the reason for it.
I think some of the Leader taunts promote this kind of toxic behaviour. I understand it's a game and all but when a part of the gameplay is a clear mockery of your opponent what do you expect?

CDPR please revise and change the most childish ones. Your target audience is hardly less than 10 year olds and it seems some of the taunts would be enjoyed mostly by that populace and hardcore internet trolls. If you want to insult the opponent's skills at least do it with style.

Any examples? alternatives?

rrc

Forum veteran
When you have 'Ha-ha-ha-ha' and 'Ha-ha-ha, Pathetic' the bar can't really go lower. You can spam ha-ha-ha and waste your oppoenent's time while the counter goes almost to 0. Fun? Not so much.
You can mute your opponent. As for not playing till end timer, you can't avoid such behaviour no matter what.

Then instead I'll be simply waiting the counter to hit 0 without hearing my opponent spamming the hahaha, but he'll still be doing it.
What does it matter if you don't hear it?
You could even be the one laughing, knowing the opponent is trying to annoy you in vain.

rrc

Forum veteran
Yeah I could remove a piece of the game and solve my problem. Then instead I'll be simply waiting the counter to hit 0 without hearing my opponent spamming the hahaha, but he'll still be doing it.
What is your problem? Insulting taunts? Or arrogant players who are wasting your time till timer ends? If it is the former, you can mute. For latter, you can't do anything (I mean CDPR can't do anything)

Yeah I could remove a piece of the game and solve my problem. Then instead I'll be simply waiting the counter to hit 0 without hearing my opponent spamming the hahaha, but he'll still be doing it.

You just said it. "Your problem", it doesn't bother me at all. Deal with it.

I haven't touched a single taunt since the start of HC nor did i encountered people who use them extensively. But recently in a twitch stream i fond out that there is actually a contract with 1000 taunts with Reward Points.

So maybe people are farming those. Easy RP.

Personally, I think most taunts could, indeed, be revised a bit, to better reflect what players wish to communicate. For example, Brouver's comments are rather a far cry from the taunt selection texts which represent them. 'Ye waitin' 'round, hopin' I'll croak, ye badger?', while expressive and characteristic, doesn't quite translate to 'Dammit.'

I've noticed that the "Dammit" option always accuses the opponent for taking too much time to end their turn, while the "You're going down" option actually reflects the "Dammit" sentiment much better. For example, when you click "You're going down" for Foltest he says "I've had battles go awry but this one topples them all!"

I've just muted them. Than muted all sounds from the game cause of the atrocious "update" of the music and effects sounds they did. Especially because of all the grunting and moaning.

Than I stopped playing. Just reading and shaking my head, hopenig that something positive will actually happen.

Guest 4339849

delete

Last edited by a moderator:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, i've a particular issue with the 'dammit' taunt, which was one of my favourites, but now it seems to accuse the opponent of taking too long, when that's just one of the lesser reasons i use 'dammit'.

I apologize to everyone in advance for my taunts. i do like 2-4 average a match, but its not like some, that spam it like hell just to annoy the opponent, those are muted after the 3rd consecutive taunt.

Also, 1. Arachas and Leshen leaders really deserve unique taunts instead of the same stupid sound.

2. Eist voice lines make up for a lackluster ability, arguably making him even the best Skellige Leader! He's like the permanent drunkard of the isles...

In MTG Arena there is an option in the config menu that make you and you opponent can't emote, like Usurper put a lock on the leader ability counter so you can't click on it, and i think that is great.

I think you're missing the point of these taunts. The dialog reflects the personality of your leader, not the easily bruised personality you seem to have. If you continue to have issues I suggest you use Arachas Queen.
Post automatically merged:

Personally, I think most taunts could, indeed, be revised a bit, to better reflect what players wish to communicate. For example, Brouver's comments are rather a far cry from the taunt selection texts which represent them. 'Ye waitin' 'round, hopin' I'll croak, ye badger?', while expressive and characteristic, doesn't quite translate to 'Dammit.'
I agree its a bit confusing. It seems the developers want dammit to convey the other player is taking to long. When I think most people feel it should be used when they lose a high unit or a round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom