Point to driving cars?

+
Why is it that even after all this time such a huge aspect of the game is still broken, unplayable, useless, hard to handle or pointless. I'm not saying this as an all of the above but more words I've seen used to describing driving in this game, there are more but less pleasant and more provocative and dont want to get flagged.

The only vechiles that actually seem easy to drive are bikes but every other vechile can be catorized as messy, hard to handle, okay or avoid at all costs, i know this game was meant to be similar to GTA but I've never had such a hard time driving in that game.

We're at 2.01 now and it doesnt feel like their any better and if they are then gosh i dont want to know/remember how bad it was at the beginning

They're definitely a lot better, so you're not remembering how bad it was at the beginning. Driving was a frustration in the original release, but yes half of the vehicles still act like you're driving on ice.

i know this game was meant to be similar to GTA
That should rather mean "...this game was not meant to be..." ;). But i must agree that some vehicles are still difficult to control. Here would a cruise function with constant speed help. Wonder why this is still missing today.

The only vechiles that actually seem easy to drive are bikes
I have the opposite experience; I find bikes are significantly harder to handle than cars.
Cars are no problem as long as they're not fast RWD ones -- but I've never had much success with such cars in even racing games.

Driving works perfectly fine, even in first person, once you get the hang of how it works in this game.

(I couldn't care less about GTA, and never played any of those, so I can't compare. I could compare to racing games -- but that would be an apples and oranges situation.)

They're not that bad, but the traffic AI is terrible and can make the experience worse; the fishtailing on some cars doesn't help either.

But the point is immersion. I drive everywhere in first person and never fast travel.

It doesn't help that the "physics" engine is terrible, thus it has a knock on effect with the "drving" system.

It was a poorly implemented system and definetely one of the weakest parts of the game that isn't really going to be changed or fixed.

Rockstar has a pretty good driving system in most of its games but that's linked to having a far better engine for it, and it shows. Personally I think CDPR should have not used the old RedEngine, but hey ho.

There is a mod that has attempted to fix what CDPR can't/wont;

They're not that bad, but the traffic AI is terrible and can make the experience worse; the fishtailing on some cars doesn't help either.

But the point is immersion. I drive everywhere in first person and never fast travel.
1st or 3rd person i find the driving annoying and difficult, with only afew cars actually being easy to handle
Post automatically merged:

I have the opposite experience; I find bikes are significantly harder to handle than cars.
I'm the exact opposite, i find bikes 100% easier especially with the suicidal AI drivers you find

I just reduce driving sensitivity from the default 100 (intended for controllers) down to 0 and that makes vehicles feel like actual vehicles. Heavy, smooth to turn etc...

Even pre-2.0 I found driving incredibly enjoyable because of this, but now it's somewhat better feeling. Though there definitely are some vehicles which feel very weird to drive, such as the Phantom Liberty preorder car, but it's a muscle car I suppose so they always are terrible in any game I ever played, including GTA.

Vehicle handling is definitely improved since launch. But it's not realist to expect great handling when you're driving with the keyboard.

Controlling the player character's movement with the keyboard isn't great either, but at running speeds it's manageable, and allows you to aim with the mouse. At driving speeds, the keyboard really doesn't work, in any game, and the utility of the mouse is limited while driving.

I switch between KB & mouse for the shooty bits, and controller for the driving bits. If you're struggling driving with the KB, try a controller.

Top Bottom