Politics of W3 can easily be interpreted as a World War 2 reenactment

+
Politics of W3 can easily be interpreted as a World War 2 reenactment

Radovid and Redania=Nazi Germany.Radovid is 1)Insane 2)Racist to the bone who commits genocides on non-humans(especially after he is successfull) 3)Tactical Genius. This could be an accurate description of Hitler.

Dijkstra=Soviet Union/Stalin.Heavy Indrustrial evolution, political assasinations, rulling through fear.

Nilfgaard= Western Allies/USA. Mostly USA. Sapkowsky used the Roman Empire and it's Pax Romana as his model for Nilfgaard. In modern politics this can be paralleled with USA, and it's Pax Americana as Kennedy put it(negatively).

Temeria=Poland. Heaviest casualties overall, completely destroyed by the war, and the major point of interest of East vs West on the aftermath of WW2.

Of course historically USA was never the initial agressor, but still, Radovid attacked and took over his neighbouring nations. I guess if we want the historically correct ending, that is the Dijkstra ending, since the Soviets are the ones who did the most by a long shot when it came to defeating the nazis, and formed a heavy industrialised (second rate) superpower until the 90's.
Judging by the fact that the ending of W3 have a clear bad/abit better/clearly better scaling, i have to assume that CDPR are very happy to be living in the americanised capitalist world that gives alot of money :p(don't take this too seriously).

Sorry. I don't see it at all. You can find instances of the crimes committed by Nilfguarrd AND Redania in virtually all conquerors across history.

And, for what it's worth, The Witcher 3's politics are virtually identical to Witcher 2's.

Novigrad = Pontar Valley. A wealthy region that can tip the balance of power in the region.

Nilfguarrd = Aedirn. A state who's leader needs to win the war to gain political support back home.

Redania = Kaedwen. You fucking hate their leader, but you can't deny he is a necesary evil.

Have to say that I am with Phinnway on this one. While you can loosely connect certain actions in our history to politics on the continent, it begins to unravel when you try to examine it in any depth. I found that his comparison of the politics to Witcher 2 fit pretty much perfectly.

The Nilfgaard would have to be Germany since they are the ones conquering and forming an empire. The western allies would be the northern allies. But there are way too many inconsistencies for that to work. Sorry TC I just don't see it.

Perhaps if Radovid ruled Nilfgaard there could be better comparisons.

Radovid and Redania=Nazi Germany.Radovid is ...3)Tactical Genius. This could be an accurate description of Hitler.

Hitler was a complete dilettante and no genius. It is not without reason , that Rommel called him insane. His nonsensical orders were far away from reality and caused a lot of casualties.

Nilfgaard = Allied Forces? Wow.. thats so goddamn wrong, it was Nilfgaard who hired Letho to Kill the Northern Kings, Only Emhyr, his master Spy and Letho knew about it. Yea i know the game blames the Lodge but thats wrong for many parts of history. So its really not like ww2

I was talking about the endings, not the whole proscess. Anyway it was just a though. I could elaborate abit, but i won't. If you think the 3 political endings, it makes some sense. I am not saying that that's what it is, just sharing a thought.

Top Bottom